KUR2Y

Uprated Headlight looms for 2013

am also interested if youve got spares..

Yes I have 2 left for now if you would like one then lte me know soon as via PM

I'm interested if you have any left. PM sent.

Returned PM

I got mine today thanks very much. Fitted and I can now see in the dark! Has given the same bulbs a much whiter and more intense light. I would be interested to see how bright they are with uprated bulbs too! Well worth the money and easy to fit with the instructions provided, thanks Zak.

KUR2Y

Thanks again, I fitted the loom at the weekend & it all works well. I had a small problem with keeping the connectors on the terminals, so a trip down to Wayside VW and half an hour on there parts system & I have ordered the proper VW connectors for the back of the light. And my mate at work is going to change the other side of the loom with some motorsport connectors to bridge the other side of the loom. And I will refit it again. So if anybody has also had any problems with the connectors coming off, and wants to fit the proper VW connectors I will list the part No. s below.

357944165 Connector to back of headlight

357972742 & 357972742a Are the rubber grommets in the back of the connector, they are differant sizes, so depending on wire size

And I`m not sure what the number for the terminals is, but your local friendly VW dealer will help you on this one. When my bits turn up I will put the terminal number on this thread.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to ask and I will try to answer if possible

DUDE VR6 :clap:

Kurzy, did you get my second IM ??

Yes

KUR2Y

Thanks again, I fitted the loom at the weekend & it all works well. I had a small problem with keeping the connectors on the terminals, so a trip down to Wayside VW and half an hour on there parts system & I have ordered the proper VW connectors for the back of the light. And my mate at work is going to change the other side of the loom with some motorsport connectors to bridge the other side of the loom. And I will refit it again. So if anybody has also had any problems with the connectors coming off, and wants to fit the proper VW connectors I will list the part No. s below.

357944165 Connector to back of headlight

357972742 & 357972742a Are the rubber grommets in the back of the connector, they are differant sizes, so depending on wire size

And I`m not sure what the number for the terminals is, but your local friendly VW dealer will help you on this one. When my bits turn up I will put the terminal number on this thread.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to ask and I will try to answer if possible

DUDE VR6 :clap:

Are you talking about the original (OEM) connector that fits onto the back of the head light???????

KUR2Y

Yes they are the oringial OEM connectors, just to make everything water proof and easy to fit.

KUR2Y

Yes they are the oringial OEM connectors, just to make everything water proof and easy to fit.

I've found it difficult to get these items in the past and expensive too. If you have found them cheaper and more readily available it would be great for future loom purchasers. If you could give details of costs and part numbers.

The part number I've got for the plugs from the Stealer is different to the one you have.

Any info would be greatfully recieved I'm sure, Thanks

Thanks to Zak for the loom, quality piece of manufacturing! Also thanks for meeting up and saving me paying the postage. Did you make it back home as swiftly? LOL

KUR2Y

As soon as I recieve the parts, which should be by the end of the week. I will let you know the part numbers and the cost of each part.

DUDE VR6

Miles :clap:

Thanks to Zak for the loom, quality piece of manufacturing! Also thanks for meeting up and saving me paying the postage. Did you make it back home as swiftly? LOL

No. I took it easy. I think my turbo's still spinning from the drive there.

KUR2Y

Got said parts from my local VW dealer today :D But there is a down side, in all the parts to mod your loom to OEM parts cost me £40.69.

So if you want the part numbers I can pass them on, and these parts are availble from VW if you want them, but as i said they are a bit pricey :(

I am looking forward to fitting them and runnung your loom, which I have got planned for next weekend work permitting, along with rear

brakes, and some other jobs that need doing.

DUDE VR6

Miles

That's the problem with the OEM plug loom. I get some good discount at my dealer and manage to keep the cost down to around £22 more for the OEM plugs but only if I can get the parts which is not all the time.

The plugs from ARZ are a good price and seem to be in stock. I'm off to the RING in summer and hope to clear the dealers out of plugs while I'm there. This should keep the price down for the future looms.

Thanks for looking and shedding some more light on the subject.

id just like to say what a quailty job these wiring looms are being an electrician myself just looking at them shows how much time and personnal effort has gone into them well worth the £50 notes in my eyes

and i big big thanks for kur2y helping me to fit mine on his day off

very happy bunny pity ive got it sorted now the dark night have gone D oh !!!

stu .... :clap:

Always a pleasure.

I guess this will be about the last loom til the end of the year.

Enjoy the summer people and keep safe.

Loom arrived ok, thanks.

All looks ok, but have a couple of questions before I fit it - have PM'd you.

I don't, have any made, at the minute but I do have some one else interested. If you both want to buy looms I can order some more parts in but due to the small quantity I would be ordering the price would have to be £60 delivered on a standard 3 relay loom. I can do a good discount when it's an order over 10 as the parts are cheaper in bulk. I make very little money on these as it is.

Sorry about that. Let me know if you are still interested.

Zak

Hey Zak, I finally got round to fitting your loom this weekend, just wanted to say how pleased I am. The quality is top notch and the instructions are great. Best of all there is a real improvement to the lights, many thanks :)

cheers Sam

Not heard from the other folk yet but I will keep you informed.

Oh and the price won't be £100.