KUR2Y

Uprated Headlight looms for 2013

Any of these still available? I DEFINATELY want the 3 relay set please

Hi, I would like a 3 relay kit also, please pm me the details.

Cheers

Can you PM me in the new year as I'm upto my neck in festive cheer and family stuff.

I'm hoping to get looms sorted for 3 people that are waiting and then I'll have to order some more gear. Don't forget, PM me in the new year. I'm good at making and fixing things but crap at remembering things.

Mine were fitted on Monday and they've made such a great difference - recommend these to everyone. :clap:

Sweet, Thanks for getting back to me.

Hi all,

I'm just about to order some more parts to make another batch of looms.

Please let me know if you are interested, I have a few people on the list and hope to have the looms ready to post out by the 15th at the latest.

Cheers

Zak

Are you likely to have any with the OE connectors?

No sorry dude I don't have any at the moment.

To anyone who is interested, I have managed to get 5 pairs of OEM connectors from Germany.

They will put the price of the loom upto £80

If you are interested PM me, first come first served sorry.

so do these fit straight on, without having the bit on car unplugged and spade connectors onto the terminals etc?

still not fitted the other one i have

so do these fit straight on, without having the bit on car unplugged and spade connectors onto the terminals etc?

still not fitted the other one i have

Yes and you have PM.

Looks a great product, thanks :D

Quick question has anyone permanently attached the loom (solder and heat shrink) by either removing the factory headlamp plugs or splitting off down line of them so they could be quicly reattached in the event of relay failure. Any thoughts or experiences welcomed.

not meaning to put anyone off these, but thought i would share my very recent experiences..

bought a loom a few months ago now and have been running with it no problems all this time..

then 2 nights ago pulled up at the petrol station to put fuel in and on exiting the car could smell a funny burning smell, thought nothing of it as i assumed it must be another car that had just driven off..

carry on fueling and its getting stronger and it smells electrical.. so i put the fuel nosel back in the pump and follow my nose which leads me to the front of the car where i notice the lights are on full beam, but turned off inside the car and i can see smoke coming from under the bonnet..

i rush to open the bonnet only to find smoke pouring from one of the 3 relays , i then go to get a screwdriver from the glovebox as i dont want to burn myself on the melting plastic of the relay and prise the relay out.. which has by this point melted not only the relay casing but the relay holder also..

needless to say i spent the next 20 mins on the garage forecourt un-plugging the headlight loom and have since stripped it out of the car and shall for the forseable future be running with poor lights as i much prefer the idea of that than the idea of seeing flames out the bonnet.. ( that and the relay holder is now melted beyond use..!! )

i just consider myself lucky that i had to stop to get fuel as if not im pretty sure it could have been a lot worse.

be careful out there folks

Kurzy its Oz do you have any more of the 3 relays. I would like the same as before if that is possible with the OEM connectors. Am willing to wait, I have loved the ability to see where I am going on my drive into work, then last week after a long day at the phirm drove home at midnight'ish on roads I didn't know in the new Corrado and it was horrendous.

not meaning to put anyone off these, but thought i would share my very recent experiences..

bought a loom a few months ago now and have been running with it no problems all this time..

then 2 nights ago pulled up at the petrol station to put fuel in and on exiting the car could smell a funny burning smell, thought nothing of it as i assumed it must be another car that had just driven off..

carry on fueling and its getting stronger and it smells electrical.. so i put the fuel nosel back in the pump and follow my nose which leads me to the front of the car where i notice the lights are on full beam, but turned off inside the car and i can see smoke coming from under the bonnet..

i rush to open the bonnet only to find smoke pouring from one of the 3 relays , i then go to get a screwdriver from the glovebox as i dont want to burn myself on the melting plastic of the relay and prise the relay out.. which has by this point melted not only the relay casing but the relay holder also..

needless to say i spent the next 20 mins on the garage forecourt un-plugging the headlight loom and have since stripped it out of the car and shall for the forseable future be running with poor lights as i much prefer the idea of that than the idea of seeing flames out the bonnet.. ( that and the relay holder is now melted beyond use..!! )

i just consider myself lucky that i had to stop to get fuel as if not im pretty sure it could have been a lot worse.

Wow this is a surprise!!!!

I've been doing these looms as a bit of a favour to people not as a business and have NEVER EVER had any problems before.

Not wanting to sound like I'm passing the buck but I hope you fitted it properly, as the 3 fuses would have blown if there had been an over current.

That aside I will happily replace the loom for you at no cost if you like. I would really like to see the loom but more I would like to see you happy.

Zak

Kurzy its Oz do you have any more of the 3 relays. I would like the same as before if that is possible with the OEM connectors. Am willing to wait, I have loved the ability to see where I am going on my drive into work, then last week after a long day at the phirm drove home at midnight'ish on roads I didn't know in the new Corrado and it was horrendous.

I have a set of OEM plug etc and if you like I can knock you out a loom. Please PM me for details.

Wow this is a surprise!!!!

I've been doing these looms as a bit of a favour to people not as a business and have NEVER EVER had any problems before.

Not wanting to sound like I'm passing the buck but I hope you fitted it properly, as the 3 fuses would have blown if there had been an over current.

That aside I will happily replace the loom for you at no cost if you like. I would really like to see the loom but more I would like to see you happy.

Zak

PM me your address Zak and I'll blast it back over to you..

im pretty sure it was fitted correct, im currently training to be an electrician and i followed the instrustions...

but i was surprised too as like i said its been working perfect for a couple of months now.. and the fuses should have gone first with overcurrent but they were all still intact as you'll see....

i'll try to track down the relay too as i put it down in my workshop when i was removing the loom and it dissapeared under the mountains of other crap.

andy

as i said before, no dissrespect to you as the looms are great quality i just still cant quite get my head round what has happened.

I have a set of OEM plug etc and if you like I can knock you out a loom. Please PM me for details.

Have PM'd you

Sorry for the delay in sorting out the looms for the people that are waiting.

I should have them ready after the weekend.

Zak

Sounds like a dodgy relay. Just bad luck.

Yeah it was. I have phoned up the company that supply me and they said they sell 200 a week and they have never heard of problems but offered me a refund and said it was possible.

I will be making panderoo a new loom and hope that my reputation has not been ruined.

Thanks for that though.

just wanted to add to the above and as has been said before said this is just down to the relay having given up the ghost and nothing to do with the exceptional workmanship that Zak puts into creating thses looms..

they are second to none and he has been brillient in sorting out the issue i have had.

:notworthy:

Hi all,

Once I've sorted out panderoo I will be finished making looms for a few months. I'm going out of the counrty until July but I will make more loom once I get back. This shouldn't be too much of an issue as the nights are getting lighter and blah blah.

Sorry folks

Regards

Zak