KUR2Y

Uprated Headlight looms for 2013

Hi Zak

I need a 3 relay loom for a 95 vr. Can you send me payment details with postage to the Republic of Ireland please.

Johnny

Hi Zak

I need a 3 relay loom for a 95 vr. Can you send me payment details with postage to the Republic of Ireland please.

Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I have made you a loom and it will be ready to post once I have tested it. I tried to PM you but not sure if it worked.

I will PM you payment details now.

Thanks

Hi, have you got any pics of your looms? had a looksy throught the thread but no luck. cheers

Hi there stoke, if you have a look the post #153 I think it's page 15 or 16 ish. one of the very nice people on here has put on a how to, hope that helps.

Zak

Phill and Smudge,

your looms were posted out on Saturday morning. they are to be signed for so keep your eye out.

Enjoy

Zak

Hi Zak,

Thanks for the loom - missed the post on Monday but arrived now! Looks good and can't wait to fit it to improve night visibility!

Cheers

Phil

Hi Zak,

Thanks for the loom - missed the post on Monday but arrived now! Looks good and can't wait to fit it to improve night visibility!

Cheers

Phil

You're welcome Phil

Hi,

Quick general question about the voltage at the connector that goes onto the back of the headlight - thought I'd see what the voltage difference was before / after changing the loom and was kind of surprised when I found that before doing anything the voltage for the dipped and full beam were both 11.8V / 11.9V when the engine was not running - the battery voltage was only 12.0V. Wasn't expecting that at all and wondering if the loom will actually improve this, as it seems pretty high voltage to start with (think that have seen other posts talking of voltages sub 11V) - am I missing something here though? I.e. is it the current that is improved by the direct feed from the battery rather than the voltage increase (been a while since I did anything vaguely resembling calculations on electricity!) or am I not going to gain that much from adding a new loom?

Can't see that any of the previous owners have made any mods to the lights - all the connectors onto the lights are OE, the resistor for the dim dip is still wired in etc....

Any thoughts appreciated as I'm now confused! Did VW fix this issue on the later Corrados (Mine is an Aug 1994 model)?

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

Did you check the voltage with the lights turned on and disconnected? You need to check the working voltage not just the voltage with the plug removed from the light unit. If there is not a complete path you will show the battery voltage i.e. potential voltage. You will only see the resistances (voltage drops) of the car loom when the lights are working and you have a complete circuit.

Try that and see what you get??? Sorry for the delay!!

I guess this will be hard for you to do now I've thought about it.

Hope that helps

Zak

Edited by KUR2Y

Hi Zak,

Gave it a go this evening and the results were much more what I was expecting (assuming I managed to get the meter on the right connections on the back of the bulb connections!) - with the engine off the battery voltage was 12.5V, the dipped beam voltage with the lights on and bulbs connected 10.3V and with full beam this dropped to 8.9V! Will try fitting the loom at the weekend......

Cheers

Phil

Hi Zak

I'm interested in some of your looms but just wondered what the difference between the 2 relay and 3 relay is?

Cheers

Adam

Hi Zak

I'm interested in some of your looms but just wondered what the difference between the 2 relay and 3 relay is?

Cheers

Adam

Hi Adam,

The 3 relay looms are better as there is one relay for each of the dipped beams instead of just one.

I haven't sold a 2 relay loom for a long time. the looms are £52 posted if you order from this batch of parts that I got a little cheaper.

Thanks

Zak

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Hi Zak,

Gave it a go this evening and the results were much more what I was expecting (assuming I managed to get the meter on the right connections on the back of the bulb connections!) - with the engine off the battery voltage was 12.5V, the dipped beam voltage with the lights on and bulbs connected 10.3V and with full beam this dropped to 8.9V! Will try fitting the loom at the weekend......

Cheers

Phil

You're welcome. All that time at college was worth it then!!

Hi Adam,

The 3 relay looms are better as there is one relay for each of the dipped beams instead of just one.

I haven't sold a 2 relay loom for a long time. the looms are £52 posted if you order from this batch of parts that I got a little cheaper.

Thanks

Zak

I think I'm sold Zak, please could I take 1 loom. If you pm me your payment details then I will send.it.Friday if that's ok (Payday). Just out of interest, would this have the same impact on a mk2 golf?

Cheers

Adam

Hi Zak,

Cheers

Phil

Managed to get this all sorted at the weekend and thought I'd post the results just for anyone who's interested!

With original wiring got the following voltages:

Battery (engine NOT running): 12.6V

Dipped beam: 10.2V (i.e. a 2.4V drop!)

Full beam: 8.85V (i.e. a 3.75V drop!)

With Zak's 3 relay loom fitted this changed to the following (note that the battery voltage was worse to start with when I took these ones....)

Battery (engine NOT running): 11.85V

Dipped beam: 11.73V (i.e. only 0.12V drop!)

Full beam: 11.35V (i.e. only 0.5Vdrop!)

Yet to try driving at night since I fitted the loom (or even voltages with the engine running, as didn't think the neighbours would appreciate me sat outside with the engine running for 10 - 15 mins!), but I'm thinking it's going to be a much more visible experience! Ended up fitting the relays and the fuses to the side of the battery between the front of the battery and the back of the nearside headlight, as I thought this seemed the most logical place to keep it out of the way and probably best protected from rain etc...... velcro's great!

Cheers

Phil

Hi Zak,

Do you have any 3 relay setups left? If so, i've got some OEM connectors arriving soon, if i send them to you can you attach them to the loom?

Thanks,

Kunaal

Hi Kunaal, did you get me PM with my address??

For everyone else, I will have looms ready for Thursday hopefully. Please Pm me to confirm orders, although I remember most of them. Sorry for the delay.

Zak

last lot of looms posted out.

I'm able to supply these at £50 now but not sure for how long, til I run out of stock I guess.

Cheers

Zak

Do you have any of the three relay looms left? can you put me down for a set ?

PM me your details

Cheers

Zak

Could I please order a 3 relay headlight loom for £50 if possible?

If that's ok could you PM me how you want paying etc and I'll reply with my address.

I'm not sure about how long they take to make and deliver but I've got my MOT on 19th May...any chance of getting it before then?

Thanks

Zak,

I'll have a 3 relay loom if you still have the parts? Please PM me payment details.

Thanks,

Andrew

Zak. Got my loom and got it all fitted yesterday. Very happy with the results and with the quality of the loom.

Highly recommended to anyone who's not got one yet.

Next job...lupo wipers.

Hi mates. I've lost my installation guide. Does anyone have a PDF version I can grab? Cheers

Pete

Just fitted mine after a she sailed through the MOT , great quality kit and such a difference.

Thanks allot mate

Hi mates. I've lost my installation guide. Does anyone have a PDF version I can grab? Cheers

Pete

I can post you a hard copy if you PM me your address

hi there

I have uprated headlight wiring with a relay thats just packed up, it was already installed when I bought the car. It uses the OEM plugs and has a wire coming off it to the uprated wiring loom. If I buy your kit, would I simply remove that wiring and plug and play with yours?

If so, are these still available and can I have your paypal details please. What can we do fon a 3 relay set up with oem connectors?

Cheers

Rams