djmac56

djmac56's Golf n Corrado - bye Corrado, Hello Aston! Pics P7!

Blimey mate, good on you for gettng the Aston. Hope you have a good ongoing budget for fuel, lol...

Many congrats! I met you last year at Brooklands (southern meet) so it’s nice to hear that things are working out well for you. Regards, Kin

Awesome car, well done.

I drove one on a supercar day a few years back and absolutely loved it. I drove a Gallardo first and it did nothing for me, but the Aston really captured me.

I know its a completely different league to the rado, but there were defo similarities in the way it drives & driving position etc, I felt at home in it straight away.

You're welcome to let me borrow it whenever you want. :shrug: :bonk:

Class act, enjoy it. Really pleased for you. It's great to see an Aston in the hands of an owner with a real appreciation and passion. Question is can you resist playing James, -------James Bond?

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gpbxto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys - I'm loving the Aston! It's a fine example. I'm definitely noticing more fit women giving me the thumbs up now than in the Corrado. Somehow though it never feels quite as fulfilling as the knowing knod from someone who appreciates the Corrado though!

I know some of you will have no sympathy for me but I'm missing the VR6! Some day I will be in a position to buy back my old car or get another good example, but I've already started getting a parts list going in my head!

Says so much about the Corrado that someone who buys a V8 Vantage can still miss it! Hope you're enjoying the Aston mate! :)

Cheers Jim, yeah the Aston is brilliant. Looks and sounds stunning, and doesn't hang around either. It was the only car I liked as much as / more than 'rado but I don't look back at it in the car park any more than I did the Corrado. I miss the VW scene. It's a good job my missus inherited my v6 4mo so I can still get a bit of V6 action now and again.

Do you get people trying to race you whenever you take it out for a drive? Do you get much hassle, or do you find people like it cause it's British?

I know some of you will have no sympathy for me but I'm missing the VR6! Some day I will be in a position to buy back my old car or get another good example, but I've already started getting a parts list going in my head!

i sympathise mate, im feel for you bro! i tell you what... im willing (i know im too nice but hay, some of us have to be) to swap you the aston for my VR, its a sacrificial move i admit, but i am willing to do it, out of the kindness of my heart.

i know i know, im to nice.....

meet you tomorrow afternoon or something yer?

Surprisingly no racing. I had a range rover wanting to race me in the Corrado but nothing hasin the Aston. However, I'm usually just pootling along at 60-65 in the inside lane, so most of the racers are past me before they see me!

Nobody whatsoever has said anything negative about the car or been negative to me in any way. Any comments received have been positive. I think that it helps that it is British, looks good and the marque is associated with James Bond.

---------- Post added at 9:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:31 AM ----------

i sympathise mate, im feel for you bro! i tell you what... im willing (i know im too nice but hay, some of us have to be) to swap you the aston for my VR, its a sacrificial move i admit, but i am willing to do it, out of the kindness of my heart.

i know i know, im to nice.....

meet you tomorrow afternoon or something yer?

Heheh! It's a fine offer, and extremely generous, but as there was no mention of a magic tree being thrown in, I'll have to decline. Now the Bristol on the other hand....

Heheh! It's a fine offer, and extremely generous, but as there was no mention of a magic tree being thrown in, I'll have to decline. Now the Bristol on the other hand....

BUGGER! new i should of offered my magical bonzi tree!

and No chance... ;) haha