djmac56

djmac56's Golf n Corrado - bye Corrado, Hello Aston! Pics P7!

they just don' seem to have the same quality as the 15" :( not sure what it is, but i really wanted to like them more than i do. Maybe its all the square edges i don't like

I think they look cool, I would imagine because your C is white the difference might be less of an impact.....maybe on a darker car they would stand out more !!

either way I like them on yours so first second hand dibs if you decide you dont like them :D

What are the weights then? :grin:

Looking good I think. In the std silver they get lost a little next to your white paintwork compared to your polished std ones. But still looking good! :salute:

i do like these, they are very subtle but very nice. perhaps lower the back a bit to even it out and it will look spot on.

Whats the latest on these fella after a weeks use......can you feel any marked differences from the 15's ?

Fanstastic - the wheels have much better ride quality - less crashy than the 15s by miles. I really like the look of them now - parked up the car looks perfect.

There is more metal in these, and it does a great job absorbing noise.

Glad you've warmed to them! I'm saving the pennies already for my set! :D

Yeah me to I think they look spot on, as mentioned previously a group buy has got to be on the cards :D

Yeah me to I think they look spot on, as mentioned previously a group buy has got to be on the cards :D

I want some. BUT I want to keep my Futura's as well! :confused4: :lol:

I've got gmax lowered sport kit - not coilovers though - the cheaper option unfortunately!

....sorry suppose I should have just read you profile blurb really.

Looks spot on, just got some coilovers so hoping to replicate the look on 15's and see how I go.....the future is 16's though :D

Ok, I know some of you are aware that I may be letting the Corrado go..... this is why!

I'm moving to the only car that comes close to the looks of a Corrado IMHO.

The Corrado has immaculate service history, and has been maintained regardless of cost, but I want it to go to a good home!

Mark

Blimey - well that really is some step up. When you said you were selling the Corrado I thought to myself "He must have to be getting something special to replace it!" - that pretty much answers that question.

Looks stunning mate.. I hope you enjoy every mile you do in it :) Congratulations.

Nice one :) funny how i said to you that it looks similar to the corrado too, I loved the one i drove on the six gear experience. Many congratulations mate.

Thank Jim,

I thoroughly enjoyed driving it yesterday - it looks gorgeous, sounds gorgeous, and yet is refined and comfy too (we did 200 miles in it yesterday). Despite getting three chufties in my first day of ownership (including two rather pretty girls) I'm feeling a sense of loss from not being in the VW "club" much longer. Yesterday I saw various campers, golfs, and polos which I'd normally give the thumbs up to, and still did yesterday but (understandably) got some very blank and confused looks

Today I was in the Aston and gave a thumbs up to a bloke in a DB9 - and got nothing :(

Having said that, my missus has inherited my V6 4mo which we have no plans to replace and I'll still be buying PVW.

---------- Post added at 3:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:47 PM ----------

Thanks Kip. I now need to learn about proper detailing - fast ! so I can keep it looking nice and protected.

If you're driving an Aston and you give the thumbs up to someone in an old VW, they'll probably think you're taking the **** - I know I'd feel the same way, even though that's not your intentions at all!

You'll still always be welcome to come to Corrado meets of course, but I'd imagine you'd have people queuing round the block to try and ask you for a passenger ride! :)

If you're driving an Aston and you give the thumbs up to someone in an old VW, they'll probably think you're taking the **** - I know I'd feel the same way, even though that's not your intentions at all!

You'll still always be welcome to come to Corrado meets of course, but I'd imagine you'd have people queuing round the block to try and ask you for a passenger ride! :)

It's hard to change a habit developed over the past 10 years though - it's automatic for me.

Now I need to make use of the gym membership and get fit again - I thought the Corrado was tough to climb out of, but this is even lower, and my knees aren't what they were!

I'll definitely still want to attend Corrado events. I'm also keen to see about the cost of storage for the Corrado. If I had room, I'd keep the Corrado for sure, and it seems a shame to sell it if I can find somewhere to store it for a reasonable cost. But if I can't sort that in a month, it will have to go!

Edited by djmac56

Absolutely stunning new car, good to meet you at the National day after seeing yours around the local area, hope you can keep the c but i dont think anyone can blame you if you dont!

Enjoy the new car and the corrado before it goes.

All the best

Matt

i hate you

but hats off to you for working hard and rewarding yourself.