djmac56

djmac56's Golf n Corrado - bye Corrado, Hello Aston! Pics P7!

cant go wrong with Toyo's

Unless you want to go round corners!

OK guys - I've ordered my tyres - 205/45R16 83W GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GS-D3

They are going to be fitted on Friday, so I'll have photos up here by Saturday at the latest - I can't wait!

OK guys - I've ordered my tyres - 205/45R16 83W GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GS-D3

They are going to be fitted on Friday, so I'll have photos up here by Saturday at the latest - I can't wait!

I cant wait either! LOL

Really tempted by some of these 8)

Where did you buy your 16" speedlines from and how long did it take to get them? They look very good! :)

... And what did they cost?

Look awesome!

Where did you buy your 16" speedlines from and how long did it take to get them? They look very good! :)

Look awesome!

To both of you they were £125 + VAT each = £575 all in, including delivery. Plus the £350 quid I've spent on my Chaka Demus and Pliers (Tyres).

So not cheap.

I've been trying to let the missus lend me her scales so I can weigh each wheel, but she won't let me, so hopefully I can do it when she is out tonight!

Mark

Look awesome!

To both of you they were £125 + VAT each = £575 all in, including delivery. Plus the £350 quid I've spent on my Chaka Demus and Pliers (Tyres).

So not cheap.

I've been trying to let the missus lend me her scales so I can weigh each wheel, but she won't let me, so hopefully I can do it when she is out tonight!

Mark

Don'tthink £575 is OTT at all!!! Think it is very reasonable to be honest ...And does give a nice look.

lol on the scales...

Where did you buy them?

I got them direct from Speedline Corse. I made contact with a guy in the UK office and he arranged for a special run from the factory in Italy. He actually got 3 sets made so that I could spread the word on here. If you are serious about buying a set and want his details, PM me and I'll send you his details.

Cheers,

Mark

Brand spanking factory fresh Speedlines - not a refurb!

They were specially produced at the factory in response to a request from me, and earlier requests by other forum members!

I got in at the right time I think as I only had a 6 week wait from enquiry to them sitting in my front room.

I love lots of other wheels - and had opted for 5 spokes rather than BBS / Mesh style as I love the way the corrado looks on 5 spoke. I'd considered Schmidt, RS, Asev, Keskins etc - all terrific looking wheels, but in the end settled on the Speedline because in my view the only thing wrong with the Speedline is that it looks a bit small by todays standards in its original 15" form, plus I figured that 16" Speedies are rarer than hens teeth, and will make my car look better without it being obvious that I've changed the wheels.

I've seen some white rados with poor wheel choices (fortunately, none seem to be on here) and it seems that a bad wheel choice stands out more on a white car than any other.

So I figure if it looks good small and standard - that extra 1 inch would make it look even better.

:) in 36 hours we'll all see what a difference it makes :)

Brand spanking factory fresh Speedlines - not a refurb!

......I know mate, what I was saying was my decision is between refurb existing speedline 15's or new 16's like yours :). I have a feeling that once we see them on there wont be much of a decision to make really :wink: , in total agreement about the best wheel for the C has always been the speedline but just a little larger.....hey presto a solution we have !!

OK, they are on - here's a taster.

Before:

DSC00259.JPG[/attachment:3tvmohw8]

After:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00282.JPG[/attachment:3tvmohw8]

They look good - but to be honest I'm not as blown away by them as when I had my 15s diamond cut for the first time. They look smart, and have a little more poke, and actually are quieter on the road, but I'm not sure if I'm wowed by them.

I'll get more before and after photos up later.

Mark

Well I think they look quality! Nice and smart... understated yes but that isn't always bad!

Could get em diamond cut eventually if you want that wow factor back?

Onlything I'm not diggin is the centre caps but then I have always used VW centre caps regardless of what wheels I'm running...

I think I'm a little high at the back - the arch gap is the same, but it looks bigger on the rear arches, but seeing these photos next to each other, the 16s actually do suit the car really well.