Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

spark plugs are set deep into the engine??

On my previous cars i could just pull the leads off the plugs but the VR6 has then set very far down! i dont want to pull the leads incase i damages them

can anyone recomend some kind of tool i can buy to reach down into the tiny gap and grab the actual metal plug part of the lead??

thanks

Can't help with advice on a tool but can offer my sympathy. Every time i let a garage work on my car they destroy another £60 worth of plug leads.

Will also be interested if anyone Knows of a satisfactory way to do said task.

go to your local VW dealer and get the Hazet tool costs approx £16....make sure its the proper metal one and not the crappy plastic one tho :wink:

There is an HT lead extractor tool on the jack handle in the boot, should be a tube of black plastic about 250mm long with a notch cut out of it to allow you to clip it over the HT leads metal case and pull it off the spark plug.

The tool is part of the original tool kit, if it isn't on the jack hand it might be on the bonnet prop.

It took me 3 months to find out that the tool kit actually already had one of these.

Cheers

Ady

There is an HT lead extractor tool on the jack handle in the boot, should be a tube of black plastic about 250mm long with a notch cut out of it to allow you to clip it over the HT leads metal case and pull it off the spark plug.

The tool is part of the original tool kit, if it isn't on the jack hand it might be on the bonnet prop.

......and it is totally useless :roll: ......its ok for taking the leads off.....but putting them back on with it the plastic "stretches" and so its near impossible to do properly.....whereas the Hazet tool makes it soooo simple :wink:

......and it is totally useless ......its ok for taking the leads off.....but putting them back on with it the plastic "stretches" and so its near impossible to do properly.....whereas the Hazet tool makes it soooo simple

I used mine to good effect, and was well happy with it.

Try this first Jedi and if it proves to be crap, then try one of the metal versions, as i have heard that they are much better. Mine was found on the bonnet prop.

go to your local VW dealer and get the Hazet tool costs approx £16....make sure its the proper metal one and not the crappy plastic one tho

not all dealers will sell you the hazet tool,ive tried in a few places only to be told its only available to vw workshop staff,i even gave him the part number and was promptly asked how i got hold of the number

Mine says T10029

same as mine! :wink:

Yup thats what I quoted at dealer and they provided the metal tool - a well worth investment

on this same sort of note...i've pulled one of the leads out of the engine and its HUGE!

IT has a rubber elbow, then long plastic black tube, then inside is a black wire with the round connector to sit on top of the plug.

Having also looked inside the actual hole in the engine, i can see another plastic thing...with a hole on top of it and i need to get my lead back inside!

Any ideas? it looks like the connector won't pass through the plasic bits hole. Do i remove that? then place it inside the actual lead...thus only leaving the spark plug showing inside the hole.

Thanks!

Sanj.

There shouldn't be anything in the plug recess except the plug! Not sure what's fallen in there! Try removing it with some long nose pliers if possible and see what it is.

K