Sign in to follow this  
Jay_Berns

average vr6 MPG

I've tryed the browser to get a answer for this but can't find much on it :scratch:

I know it depends on how you drive a car and all that, But whats the average MPG on a VR6. because my current car is good on it for a 2 litre and to be honest i reckon the VR6 is going to be shocking lol :grin: but i still want one.

so im just looking for a average cheer's

I use mine as a toy so i dont usualy go anywhere to get a good mpg shot trips with heavy right foot usualy come in at about 15 mpg. Going down to edition 38 i was around 25 mpg wasnt bad cos i wasn't sticking to the speed limit :wink:

well atleast its better than a scooby :)

thing is Im in the Army based down south, and i live up north so if I get one I'm going to be using it to drive up there from time to time...could you get 312 miles out of one on a full tank :shrug: ..........please say yeah :D

Mine does about 32mpg if in 5th gear even at different speeds (not just on the motorway). At least thats what the MFA tells me.

I typically get 340 miles at a thrash, 380 - 420 on average and best is 496 to a tank! It drinks while on the choke, but once warmed up and on the open road average 32 - 35 on std 15" wheels. On 17's I get 2 - 4 mpg less.

I dont think a VR is much thirstier than a 16v, on a motorway run without ragging it mine sits at around 34 to the gallon....

i always seem to average about 320 miles to a tank, can probably do more but thats when it gets near the red then i fill up

I used to get around 30 and mines an auto too. Its dropped to around 20 at the moment because I have some sort of issue. God knows what it is like as the car still runs exactly as it used to. They arent that bad really if all sensors etc are working ok.

On a single 350 mile motoerway trip - the last tankfull cost £48 - 51.7 Litres - this was last week. The same trip in a valver cost around £10 less.

The only real way of telling accurately is to brim the tank, set the trip and then drive for 200-300 miles, brim the tank again, make a note of how much you put in the tank and do the maths. My trip up to the Lakes last week saw me getting 28.8 mpg (The MFA suggested 30-31). The car was 2 up with lots of luggage so I didn't think that was too bad. I only use super unleaded too.

Well my old VR6 could be stretched out to over 35mpg on a good run with a light foot, but this one struggles to get more than 25mpg even on a gentle run, and 21mpg is more typical. Bloody modified engines! Running R888 rubber is a detriment to mpg too - subjectively I reckon around 3-4mpg easily.

On track days it's even worse. My "record" so far is a miserable 6.8mpg at Castle Combe and no, I don't have a charger...

:(

Just out of curiosity, what do the FI/VR6 people tend to get in terms of MPG?

Well when I'm pootling around town I don't go over 2.5-3k revs and the MFA can say 38-42mpg. I don't believe this however as even though I am using a gnat's proverbial of throttle, the fact I have larger injectors may affect the reading. Booting it, well I didn't charge my C to look at economy, but I would guess around 10-20 ish. I virtually never brim the tank either as its a waste hauling round an extra person's weight in fuel. Sorry!