Sign in to follow this  
ebby

Faded plastic trim

Has anyone ever used this stuff?

http://bromoco.co.uk/backforgood.aspx

I've tried back 2 black and things like that and they don't seem to do a very good job imo.

I found when putting some wd40 on the door lock mechanism and accidentally getting some on the door handle that it does a better job of reducing the fade than b2b

anyone know of any other products that do a good job? fade looks so grim!!

Yup the Poorboys stuff's supposed to be really good.. available from Elite...

I use the Autoglym "Snot" (bumper and Trim Care) that's pretty good too... Best to try and strip off the oxidisation first I find a small amount of SRP on a cloth does a good job, then Snot them... leave to cure for 1/2 hr and rub off the excess...

As with anything lots of thin layers works best!

rub of the oxidation with some red scotch pad then warm them up carefully with a hot air gun, brings the oils in the plastic back up to the surface and makes them black again. then protect with a couple of coats of AG bumper care etc and it stays black for ages.

i've found most products to be rubbish on plastics, they only last a day or two

some people use the heatgun trick, it'll be on youtube somewhere

i've found most products to be rubbish on plastics, they only last a day or two

some people use the heatgun trick, it'll be on youtube somewhere

That'll be because you are either not using the right products, or applying them the wrong way! :nono:

Gotta agree on the peanut butter. Works a treat and you can eat what's left over.

Try that with Autoglym or Back to Black! :)

Coincidentally, on Wrecks to Riches on one of the Sky channels the other night. There was a professional car restorer demonstrating the peanut butter technique. The natural oils in the product restore the sheen to the plastic. Rub it in well. Leave for 20 minutes, then buff it off. Smooth type of course.

Or you could just use peanut oil which is less messy although more expensive and can't be spread on hot buttered toast.

NIck

gonna try the poorboys stuff i think, always been happy with their products in the past

cheers for the info all

Andy665 used to really rate this stuff:

http://www.poorboysworlduk.co.uk/index. ... oductID=14

has anybody bought from this on-line shop before?

i bought some of the poor boys stuff, paid with paypal and have never received anything..claim has gone through and was successful but i've not received any money back because there is none in the sellers account..

unless there's a very good reason then this site should be avoided, just a heads up for anyone in the future

Cheers for the Heads up Ebby, try Elite car care... Alex always good at turning stuff around damn quickly!

Oh and the new recommendation is Black-Wow... just need to sneak some in without the missus finding out! :lol: