Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Missing the C!

Just been sitting here and going through some old pics of my previous cars so have ended up feeling all sentimental abhout my old C!

I sold it at the start of last year to a chap from Scotland who owned it for 6 months and then re-advertised it on Piston Heads - I'd have bought it back if I'd had the cash! Unfortunately I now have no idea where it is but I hope it's still being loved! Let me know if you have any info regarding it's where abouts!

I'm certain that I'll have another some day and the funny thing is that I know that I'd still style it the same way! God I miss my old C...

So my final thought for Christmas - if you're thinking of moving on from your C, DON'T you will miss it and want another! The corrado isn't just a car it's a way of life 8)

When did you sell yours ? It was a while ago wasn't it ?

At least you guys can buy one easily over there !! Go and get one !!

Merry Christmas mate !

Cheers pal! You BBQ'd the turkey yet?

I'm sure there will be another C at some point but I have to keep dreaming until finances are slightly more organised!

Hope you've had a good one!

Interested in a Flash Red one? :) It'd certainly need to be taken on as a project as there is still stuff that needs sorting, but she's a reliable motor! :)

Nice C you had there!!

I want a M5 soon but really dont want to sell my Corrado to get one so only way Im going to have one is if Im in position to buy a M5 for daily use and keep the Corrado for weekend and shows

Anyone who currently owns a Corrado should never ever sell it unless it is to fund the purchase of another Corrado. :D When I saw my old G60 on ebay a while back all I wanted to do was buy it back.

Thanks for the kind comments on the C! tbh the reason it went was due to my daily having way more poke than the weekend toy! So, with that in mind I'd be careful about having an M5 as a daily as the C may start losing some of it's flavour!

If/when I come back it will be in a VR unless L986 NGU... damn I miss it although I'm sure the beer and Champagne are adding to the sad feelings! :lol:

Nah dont think I could ever lose interest in the C.

Even if I did manage to get a 400bhp V8 M5 the Corrado would be pampered and made all shiny and you got to admit they are an amazing car to drive.

Get up early on a Sunday morning and take the C for a blast over some country roads hehe

ah mate... now I'm really missing the C! Quiet country roads on a nice clear, crisp winter morning... say no more!

I would however say that, my LCR may not be as cockpit like as the C but is pure brillience in the same situation and makes a lot more progess overall! Next C would have to be a VR to be able to deliver similar grin factor!

I guess the M5 is more of a muscle cruiser though so I can see why the C will still have the edge for the fun and twisties 8)

The way I see it the M5 is a sensible family car. Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it.

Never been in a LCR, like them alot though. Got a very mean look to them and Brembo's as standard is just ace!!!

I have driven so many different cars over the years (most of them costing a hell of a lot more than you could pick up a C for) and not much I've tried comes close to the Rado as a driver's car. How something can be so effortless yet remain so involving and engaging is beyond me. It still puts most modern cars to absolute shame in the corners, especially on fettled suspension. And even after all this time the looks are to die for. The attention it gets is phenomonal too. It's just everything I like about cars rolled into one, to the point where it's negative traits don't really register, they're just all part of the Corrado experience.

Thanks fella! yes an M5 would be a lovely mile munching barge and I'm sure it will handle the twisties well but it's no hot hatch or super coupe...

I know what you mean about the C too... it always turned heads and even when the Leon is clean it doesn't have THAT presence!

Here's how the LCR is sitting today - had a good bit of back road action earlier today - chirstmas day is always good for that and would have been even better in a C 8)

I have driven so many different cars over the years (most of them costing a hell of a lot more than you could pick up a C for) and not much I've tried comes close to the Rado as a driver's car. How something can be so effortless yet remain so involving and engaging is beyond me. It still puts most modern cars to absolute shame in the corners, especially on fettled suspension. And even after all this time the looks are to die for. The attention it gets is phenomonal too. It's just everything I like about cars rolled into one, to the point where it's negative traits don't really register, they're just all part of the Corrado experience.

Everywhere I go people who see my Corrado or people who ask what I drive I always get good comments about it, people who know cars know just how good a Corrado is even if they have never been in one

I know whatcha mean. As much as the FRP is a much better car, it's not as interesting or doesn't have that feeling that a Corrado does.

Wow Phil's Old C has had that "UBER RARE" (Rarer than ED or E-Bay Rare) 2.0 16v -> VR6 bottom end conversion where they take a V6 and turn it into a Straight 4!

Rarer than a Factory 16vG60....

I'm off north of the boarder as we speak!

Phil for God Sake buy it back!

:lol:

Damn credit crunch and all that - there's no way I can afford to get it back at the moment! Please someone off here buy it and sell it to me in 6-8 months!

Nice to see it again though - doesn't look like it's had anything changed visualy and it still looks loved so thats some good news...

Right, all we have to do is get Phil drunk, and then on a plane to Scotland!

Job done.... another ex-c owner saved! :lol:

Coullstar, if you have some spare time maybe do a viewing and report back?

Right, all we have to do is get Phil drunk, and then on a plane to Scotland!

Job done.... another ex-c owner saved! :lol:

Coullstar, if you have some spare time maybe do a viewing and report back?

In all honesty if someone is series then I'll go and take a look whilst at the same time knock some sense into the current owner!!!

So a 16 valve head on top of a 6 cylinder engine block. That's 2.666666666666666666666666666666666666 valves per cylinder. The question is does he think the 2.0 valver is a V6 or does he think the VR6 is a four pot? Or does he just have no understanding of these things whatsoever? He's lucky that advert isn't on ebay or else I'd ask him a question....

Just used my God given powers as a Car Salesman to check up on my old G60 and it's sorned! Which means it's languishing somewhere.... :( :( :(

Edit: and has been since May. :( If anyone sees a white G60 J76 OGS in someone's hedge or by the side of the road let me know!