Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

everything f*&

is it just mine or do all corrados have a tendancy for the interior bits and bobs to rattle like the b'jesus? its on standard suspension and standard wheels, the rides not bumpy or crashy so i think everythings ok from that side of things but my god, the squeaks rattles and various other noises it makes are doing my head in! are there any common places that the rattles originate from?

Fook it just turn your stez up full

Thats my current solution! sometimes its nice to just listen to the engine, but it'd be nice if it was just 'bwwaarrrp!' rather than 'bwwaa(rattle)rrr(squeek)ppp!'

They do rattle and it's curable. Takes a lot of effort and patience though.

What I do is replace all the clips and fit self-adhesive black felt (from John Lewis or any habberdashery - what a word!) behind all the panels were obvious plastic on metal rubbage has occured. Works a treat.

VW did go some lengths for rattle reduction as you'll notice various bits of felt around the car....but as always, age and alarm fitters ruin the original structural integrity of the interior.

K

They do rattle

Mine doesn't :p :lol:

What I do is replace all the clips and fit self-adhesive black felt (from John Lewis or any habberdashery - what a word!) behind all the panels were obvious plastic on metal rubbage has occured. Works a treat.

And that's why mine doesn't!!! :wink: :lol: :lol:

When I bought the car, I stripped out the interior (except for the dash!)to fit my ICE, and as I put it all back I treated the bits that were looking like they could rub in this way... The parcel shelf rattles are usually due to the 2 foam rubber bits falling off the boot lid. They are there to push the shelf against it's supports while the boot is shut and stop it moving... The stickey comes off after a while and they fall off, leaving the shelf to rattle...

Go around the car with a screwdriver and tighten ALL of the panel screws around the car and treat the bits that look to be rubbing as Kev suggests, and you'll have a nice, rattle free, quiet interior! Well worth the time... 8)

I must admit mine did this terrible this morning. Thought it may be just cos it was bloody freezing this morning and the plastic, as it got warm, creeked as it expanded, but some top tips there people. Nice one 8)