Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

20vt do have limits...EDIT its a Valver!

"I think your head gasket's gone.. oh.. wait a minute..."

Jesus. That's really, really impressive!

That is awesome... Interesting project too with a dry sump, 3rd party trigger wheel and hall sender any more info? :)

yea ive seen all kinds...but never a block split in half...i wonder what boost was running in that to produce the short lived 1000hp! :lol:

:lol: I wonder where the other 2 rods and pistons are, and what the gearbox looks like. I assume that's at least got a broken bellhousing now.

it had a boost fault and peaked over 40psi of boost!!

:shock: That is immense. If I hadn't seen the picture I'd have never believed it.... :lol:

think that needs a tube of chemical metal and she will be back on the road in no time! :D

imaging the pressure that must of gone thru that poor engine. lol

Send it off to that jap tuning guy doing his trademark crosses on cylinder heads, he'd fix it no problems. A bit of blue spray paint is all he would need.

How long was it running for?

you really do have to see that to believe it :shock:

i wonder how fast they were going/where they were when it happened.

i bet the noise it made was "interesting"!

and that spanish build thread is something else isn't it - it's international now! :lol:

I remember this pic from a while back.

I thought the engine was actually a 16v turbo (hence the crank trigger set-up on it). The engine is actually on an engine dyno if you look closely at the pic.

Well..... not exactly, all but a few of the very early 20v's (AEB's ??) have an internal water pump and a different oil pump set up with no intermediate shaft.

Still, if your trying to get 500bhp per liter you have to expect a few issues! lol

They have the water pump bolted to the front of the block as per the one in the pic. All "big block" vw engines (1.5, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0) from the seventies right up until the mid nineties were like this.

The water pump is driven off the cam belt on the newer engines as opposed to being driven by an auxillary belt.

I guess some would argue that the auxillary shaft in the early block creates a weak point hence the block splitting right through the middle of it...... don't really think it was designed with 1000hp in mind!