voo51

My Corrado 16v project .....Now breaking

The coilovers have now been fitted. It doesn't look much lower to me at the minute but the ride is alot firmer. I am definately going to drop the rear more but Something definately needs doing with the front arches! I am going to see if giving it a little positive camber will help.

Need her spraying!!

Bodyshop have just sen me pics of the rear bumper. It has now been widened and angled to fit the arches. It's getting sprayed in the morning and I pick it up on friday afternoon! Got to see if I can book it in to have the exhaust fitted and center pipe made.

WUHOO!!!!! :D :D

Nice progress with the bumper, was looking at the pics further up and thinking it looks a bit odd with the bumper being narrower but the last pics buttoned my lip :lol:

Sounds like an air gun has been used on you Mcguard's which is a big No No! i dont think they are supposed to be done up as tight as the standard bolts either.

Good luck for friday :wink:

like this :D looking forward to seeing the finished product and hopefully in the flesh if your going to any summer shows?

An Air gun hasn't been used on them. Me and my boyfriend tightened them up with the standard brace that comes with the corrado!

Yes I am going to every show I can as it has been over two years since I went to any, so really excited!! :D I look forward to meeting fellow Corrado folk!

Got my car back! I love her! A really good job has been done, but there are a few tiny bits I need to get sorted. But overall she looks amazing! I want to adjust the rears to sit a bit lower and looking into getting the front arches rolled. :D

Also got to try fix my horns today and clean my ABS sensors for the MOT tomorrow :eek:

That is simply stunning! 8) Fantastic work there- blackberry is such a nice colour!

Thankyou! I can't get ny horns to work, I think the cvompressor has gone along with dodgy wiring! So I will have to try buy and fit one in the monrin before the MOT!

The ABS light I have temporarily sorted :norty:

However, I was in the process of changing my electric mirror switch to a new door pull I had, my boyfriend said 'let me have a go' at which point he tryed to gety it out and it shattered in many springs, buts of metal tubs and plastics , grrrrrr!!!! :bad-words:

Thankyou!! :D

It passed the MOT today!! I can't believe it!

I have also had the backbox fitted and custom though pipe made in stainless steel. However, it is tooo loud! So I need to get some sound deadening!

Leonard I actually have loads more plans...... such as fit the black dash i have,detail clean the underneath and replace whatever I can under there new for old. uprated brakes Take the engine out completely recondition it, declutter it, polish and/or chrome it, tweak it and smooth the bay out. Plus I want speaker upgrades and a double din screen in there. Oh, and I want new window rubbers, wing mirror glass and passengr side doorglass as mine is all scratched!I am sure tere is plenty more that I havn't listed! :D

This has come a long way already, and it sounds like its gonna be going a lot further too.

Loving the arches, proper fat stance. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Keep up the good work...a true inspiration.

I had it fitted at a place in Burton on Trent called 1 Stop Performance. They specialize in custom exhausts amoung other things. I myself don't know too much about exhausts so I am not sure whether it has any flex points :shrug:

I love this pic I took the other day. She still hadn't been washed in it from return from the bodyshop though.

I have got to replace my 90mm splitter with a 50mm one I have this weekend as I have scrapped the 90mm one. I also want to lower her more- especially at the rear, but I am scared of the sump catching on speed bumps. :shrug:

thats a very very good job, i bet your well chuffed with the car :notworthy:

i remeber you saying when you bought the seats off me, that you were going to make the car look very nice, its nice to see your a women of you words.

well done.

karl

looks realy nice,sure by the looks of it unless ya changed the manifold and down pipe ya will still have the flexi on the top of the down pipe,looks like it mite be loud lol.

i left my 90 mm splitter cracked at the edges now it just bends in over bumps :)

top work :D

I was getting my car ready for GTI International when the hoover was dropped on it :(

It is going to get fixed next wed though!!

Also started cleaning the glue from the sound deadening under my bonnet - took me 2 hours to just do one patch!!!

like this car a lot :grin:

maybe you should take the bonnet off completely and get to work with it on the deck or someat - your back will be killing when you do the low bit of the middle panel!!

This car's really coming on! 8) How did you get the glue off the bonnet? Gotta do this at some point :?

What you using to remove the glue on the bonnet?

Those arches are crying out for some splits and pleeease widen the front arches to matc the rear, looking good so far. :clap:

Impressive transformation, hopefully I can begin to make tracks in the same direction! Where did you get the polished rocker cover and inlet manifolds? I might look into getting some myself it they aren't too hard to track down?

Keep up the good work, nice to see another car saved!