Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

fully rebuilt g60 engine value or full g60t project?

after people stealin parts from me car and stuff i gettin bit sick now, and i fancyin a cbr 600 again, so how much would me fully rebult g60 lump be worth, its done 5k tops, if i break the car its gotta make 2k otherwise i wouldnt bother i love it too much

any ideas without charger?

the car got cast turbo manifold, cossie t3 turbo, 3" stainless cossie downpipe and stage 3 sns no charger and few other bits and bobs, reakon it worth 2k, if sum1 offerd me id take it but if not it not goin nowhere ill just pull out extra cash and have the old girl rollin by march :)

After some people stole parts from my car I have to admit I'm starting to feel a little sick of it now. I also feel that I would like to own a CBR 600 again as they are jolly spiffing. I know the wealth of knowledge on this forum is immense and that any response to a valid question will be delivered with the alacrity of a bullet train. Thus I was wondering if I could bother you chaps with a ponderer. How much would my fully rebuilt G60 engine be worth on the open market? If I happen to break the car I would like to attain the princely sum of two thousand English pounds worth of the Queen's monies.

Do you have any idea how much it would be worth without the supercharger my good friends?

The car has got a turbo manifold of the cast variety, a Cosworth T3 turbo (jolly fast), a 3 inch stainless Cosworth downpipe and last but by no means least it has a few other "bits and bobs". After much contemplation I have reached the conclusion that the princely sum of two thousand English pounds worth of the Queen's monies is no mere pipe dream. If someone was to offer me such a bribe I would be awfully tempted to take them up on their offer. However, if no chap shows any interest I will release some capital from the old estate and make an investment in the car's running my own self. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this post.

Haven't got a clue mate, sorry.

some little s**ts from round mine, took me intercooler, all me boost pipes (bnib) and hoses :?

Mate thats a right s*****r. Did you get broken into?

Seems a real shame to break the car maybe someone might buy the whole thing to make back standard or continue to the g60t

i tink i gunna finish it like, i really want it on road at summer time

Good man need as many c's in sunderland so at least I can spot some :D

i just sick cos no1 wants to help

No chance on sending it down to the frasers cause they deal with turbos quite a bit on the beetles?

i but he not gunna help me for free is he haha

Na your right there chap it is a business. How far you on with it cause built by march is a bit tight? How much you got left to do? Is there anything I could poss help with?

heres what i now need to buy to finish :(

water and oil feeds £60

piping £95

intercooler £100

turbo outlet pipe £35

3" exhaust flexi £40

2 90 deg exhaust bends 40 quid

still need 2 flanges to join flexi to middle long stainles piece of 3" pipe i need, long silencer and 3" pipe to bend off for side exit say another £100 quid for that?

i gunna leave airfilter for now ill sort a route for it at later date

if people can help me out get stuff chaper ill be over the moon, also need some 2.5" hoses for joiners too

AND I SITLL NEED A MK2 GOLD GTI 8V ENGINE for all brackets to fit instead for alternator set-up and power steering without-out charger brackets, i tink it gunna be done for april end of earliest now like, but if anyone wanna help me with all brackets etc ill be over the moon, tha wha got me stressed the most :|

hmmmmm, laternator - I think my old metro had one of those, it used to take ages to start! :tongue:

Have you tried on the MK2 forums for the brackets matey?

im not registerd on anything like that, and i bet people will still want good money, really i need sum who got one sitting there, there gunna chuck away

me m8 scraped a full mint engine just before i needed one, i guttted it had all new wiring too he onlt got shell for his v6 lump :(

There is a mk2 8v in sunderland metals mate seen it the last timne I was there looking for some bits. You could poss could try and do a deal with them for all the bits before you take them off. Think its red.

What intercooler you getting?

If you find out how much they want for the engine complete I could offer the use of my van to get it back to yours if you like, at least two can be there to lift onto the van.

If you find out how much they want for the engine complete I could offer the use of my van to get it back to yours if you like, at least two can be there to lift onto the van.

legend m8, i mite bite the bullet and sell me vectra and get all ther parts this month

legend m8, i mite bite the bullet and sell me vectra and get all ther parts this month

No probs mate just give me couple of days notice to make sure its running cause going to do that engine first before I do the rado. Its running at the mo just waiting for my box of 16v parts to come back from me brother so I can bang literally the engine in.

cool m8 i appreciate it :D gotta source an engine now haha

Am sure there is one in sunderland metals mate near matilan. If you only brackets and the like sur should be ok. Or is it a fully working engine required?

i ya rite there on at the top isnt there, i only want brackets and stuff for set-up, mite be cheaper if i just take all bits of in situ at scrap yard lol

Was there yesterday mate getting some bits from a 16v and I asked the guys where it had gone. Apparently when they are running slow on scrap they just pick cars from the top and crush them. Seems daft to me as there more money n them than scrap value. Anyway it gone chap, but I'll keep my ears and eyes open for another one.