fla

Aqua blue pearl VR - p.34 bonnet cable repair

Hasan, nice work with the obd2 upgrade. The drive must be a lot nicer now. Do you get much mileage on the car nowadays?

Zak - almost there, just need to service the front brakes, bleed everything and then finish the amp wiring. Driven it up and down the road and the bottom end pick up is massively improved from standard

delfinis - great bit of kit! Minimal impact so easy on the joints, lol, but gives you a great workout.

Nice to see you've still got this Hasan. Did you ever manage to get rid of all the rattles? LOL

Abdul -you know me, obsessed with rattles and squeaks. That aspect will never be complete!

Mot passed with no advisories. Taking it a bit easy whilst the brakes settle. Obd2 gives a major improvement in idling and throttle let-off. Seems a bit more lively too although it will need a good thrashing to settle down properly. Still goes a bit flat at around 3000 rpm so might have to invest in a proper remap.

I've got vredestein tyres on - great tyre, seem to give good feedback and hold well. And fairly quiet too.

Now need to fix the drivers window , get a new amp and install and then give it a good wash and wax.

Gave it a bit of a wash and polish although the bonnet needs some correction. Performance is picking up a bit and I'm really enjoying it. Kids loved it too especially with the blue interior lighting.

I've had a mk4 handbrake for at least 18 months but finally got round to installing it. Quite straightforward. Took about 45 minutes but the cable tensioning arm scrapes on the base. Covered this with a piece of PVC tube from a cable and tiewrapped a piece of nylon onto the base. Need to adapt the switch connector to avoid cutting off the main connector from the dash. What have people done here?

Put some tint film on the bootlid rear lights. One went across the top and bottom (left) the other was just on the top leaving the black line exposed (right). Not totally sure on the preferred option. I'm also looking at leaving the indicators clear. Thoughts?

Ive also taken a shot of the blue cabin light. My son thinks it looks a bit tron-like. Not sure if that's a compliment or taking the mick! The done light width is too wide to allow the cover to be installed so i might sand down a few mm from each side, if possible. Thought about putting a break in the middle but i cant quite tell where the curcuit goes from underneath and might end up with no light at all...

The heater control lighting hasn't been installed yet and the led for the centre dial has fused! Not very good, I know :(

And do excuse the terrible state of the car.

Edited by fla

Well i was left stranded after training this evening as the starter didnt look like it was engaging it was just whirring away. RAC said a 2 hour wait and as i was in a school i had to leave the car there. I'll call them again tomorrow and get it towed back. Hopefully nothing too serious.. i replaced the starter about 5000 miles back with a bosch exchange unit from gsf so it shouldn't have failed. Let's see...

Like you say, sounds like it's not engaging if it's just whiring. go back with a tap-ometer and give it a couple of taps, should hopefully free it up

I see you've got a passat Centre sun visor, saw a couple in scrapyard the other day so me and a mate got them, haven't installed it yet though. Lights do look tron like, got to be a compliment as tron is an awesome film!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers Dave. I've gone back to a standard white interior light as the blue is too wide and doesnt allow fitment of the cover. PLus i cant work out where to cut it from to make it narrow enough to fit!! Ideally removing a row would do the job, so need to work with out how to do that somehow..

Had it towed back today - starter didn't want to engage even with some firm taps. Anyway, i'll take it out over the weekend to investigate. Not sure if i want to take an exchange unit again from GSF, but i'll know more when i remove it. Might just need a strip down and grease.

New starter, new battery (Bosch), new crank sensor, new blue temp sensor, leather a,b & c posts. Cranking speed it fantastic now. Cleaned the contact faces on the block and the starter, as well as the cables. I think that this may also have solved the occasional slow cranking, as though the battery was flat.

Cut the blue roof light to fit and now its only got half the leds, so not as bright as needed. Wasnt very easy to see where to cut it from. Never mind, i'll do something else there..

Need to sort out the footwell lighting, boot light, heater display panel, door pull lighting and then thats the lighting sorted..

Starter cranks the car really quickly! And i got 37.6 mpg on the mfa. I think it overreads with obd2 but its quite nice to see it going up to 39. A few full throttle blasts soon brought it back down though

Not so keen on the blue interior light, I like my dull ones lol.

Where did you get your rear light tint film? Might try it out as Laminx seems to have disappeared.

The red tint was some generic film from ebay but not very uv resistant. Turned a bit pink after the summer so its come off.

Rob, no not really unfortunately. I'll be putting in the non return valve and see if it solves it...

Not.much to update. Swopped the red and clear rear lights to a tinted original of all reds. Which looks better? I've got red clear, all clear with slight red tint, clear with red tint film and these ones. Crazy i know...

Edit: uploading from phone and some pics are too large so i'll post when reduced their size on the laptop

Edited by fla