Sign in to follow this  
SteveG60

Havin a laugh !!

Hi,

My name's Steve & I've been looking for a G60 for a while now. Looked at a few real nasty ones too. Anyway, thought I'd found just the car on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=9889

The guy's email address begins with "Hustler" and I asked for some proof of the claimed 220bhp power output & also for some torque figures. He reckons it's been on a rolling road at TSR. Then I have a look around on here, I've been a member for a while but this is one of my first posts. I found this post http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6098

Are my suspicions correct - is this the same guy who is selling the car ?

I'd question any Corrado auction playing off the "future classic" idea with heavy modifications.

If you're going to sell it as a classic car, it's really got to be as original as possible.

I *do* run a few subtle mods (lighting) on mine, but it can all be returned to stock any time in five minutes. (Hey, I just like it that way.)

Hi, it looks like this 220bhp claim is a load of crap. He emailed me back & now says it's got 202bhp (based on other peoples estimates in the thread posted in my first message). I don't think this car's been anywhere near a rolling road and the 220bhp claim is a total lie.

Are people allowed to lie like this on ebay ??

why dont you start a thread FAO Hustler and ask him outright? 8)

straight from the horses mouth then . nowhere to hide 8)

it does say estimated 220bhp,so 202bhp isnt far off the mark is it really

But that's only based on what bananaman wrote in the other thread

On my original stg4 charger, jabba chip, 68mm pulleyand powerflow exhaust mine produced 202bhp at the crank but that was on jabba's rollers which have been know to be a bit optimistic

I doubt the car in the auction has got anything above 190 at the most

why dont you start a thread FAO Hustler and ask him outright? 8)

straight from the horses mouth then . nowhere to hide 8)

I already asked him outright via email & that's why he started the thread in my first message - he is selling this car with power claims that he KNOWS are totally false.

there a Golf VR6 syncro on there too. the guy reckons it's a 3.2 with 236BHP and it was done like that from the factory.....yeah, righty ho. :x

Whats wrong with these people? ! do they think we were born yesterday!!! another example- went to look at a golf vr6 for my old man took it out for a spin it was a auto so not that quick!! the bloke says to me you can chip these up to 250bhp :mad: What a load of bulls#it :x soon put him right, then he said his mate's one had be chipped to that power!!! by this time the bloke was really starting to p#ss me off :x it was a nice car but i don't need some one giving me a load of bull :x ....

There's nothing illegal on ebay, you should know that by now... No law governs online auctions specifically. If you go to see the guy and he lies to you face to face, you'd probably need a tape recording to be able to sue him even then. An ebay auction listing will not stand up in court.. :-\

As for this guy in particular, I'm sure it's not escaped anyone's notice that his ebay user id is quite ironic...

Hi, it looks like this 220bhp claim is a load of crap. He emailed me back & now says it's got 202bhp (based on other peoples estimates in the thread posted in my first message). I don't think this car's been anywhere near a rolling road and the 220bhp claim is a total lie.

Are people allowed to lie like this on ebay ??

It seems different combinations of G-Lader build stage and chip programming gives different results. You might also want to find the thread about dodgy G60 hall senders, which can have serious effects on the engine's output.

I don't know Hustler personally but he's just trying to sell a car, we all want the best possible sales advantage and I do admit, 220bhp really does need backing up though as it's a bold figure. I don't think he's out to bullshit people though.

Skip it and find another example rather than trying to belittle him publically.

Kev

Whats wrong with these people? ! do they think we were born yesterday!!! another example- went to look at a golf vr6 for my old man took it out for a spin it was a auto so not that quick!! the bloke says to me you can chip these up to 250bhp :mad: What a load of bulls#it :x soon put him right, then he said his mate's one had be chipped to that power!!! by this time the bloke was really starting to p#ss me off :x it was a nice car but i don't need some one giving me a load of bull :x ....

although not to do with false claims on e-bay or people selling things and B/S'ing about them......had a few of crackers from the recovery guy who picked me and my storm up when my fuel pump packed up :oops: :oops:

first off when he seen it was a storm he asked if it was 4wd......cos all of them were meant to be :roll: ...........and the golf storm he picked up a few months before was :roll: :roll:

then he got speaking about his "M5" old E-28 shape that he bought for under £2k :shock: ........anyway he was telling me it was the full "M5"......so BMW-motorsport 3.5l six-pot 286 bhp engine etc.......and how he wastes scoobies etc which i could well believe if it was the real deal................anyway i started telling him about a friend of mine with a M6........so basically the same engine......and he told me......"its the guy with the M6's bro he bought his "M5" from".....so i asked him if it was a white one.....to which he said yeah........which i happened to know was only a M535i......so only 218bhp :roll: :roll: