Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

All this cleaning effort....for nothing

Took some time out last week to clean the 4Motion properly, it had only been washed since buying it in Nov. Really pleased with the results and was looking forward to taking it to a friends 40th birthday bash on the South Coast.

That was the plan anyway, got home on Friday night to find no sign of the Golf but a V8 Vantage parked in its place.

Yet again my better half totally surprised me by hiring it for me for the weekend - Fri afternoon until yesterday afternoon, with a very healthy 800 mile allowance, needless to say the full allowance was duly used.

Travelling down the M40 yesterday a certain Mr. J. Clarkson pulled alongside in a Brera, wound his window down, gave us the thumbs up and asked me to floor it so he could listen to the exhaust - was obviously happy to oblige

One day I will own a V8 Vantage :D

Jon - certainly was. If anything it sounded better than the last one that was hired for me, perhaps this one was just nicely run in - its the noise that appeals more than anything else about the V8 - mind you they did let me take their F430 and Murcielago LP640 Roadster up for road as well, both of those had reasonable noise as well :D

We get quite a good discount now from the place we use,plus we always get a much higher mileage allowance - obviously pays to be loyal to one hire company

One day I will own a V8 Vantage :D

If current residuals are anything to go by you may not have to wait very long until you can afford one :)

Thanks for the messages over the weekend telling me how much fun you were having with the Aston BTW. All you have to wait for now is to find out what your good wife expects in return for her Aston 'present' LOL.

John :D

We get quite a good discount now from the place we use,plus we always get a much higher mileage allowance - obviously pays to be loyal to one hire company

How much you talking Andy? Must still be around £300 a day isnt it?

Leonard - think its about £350 a day if you have it for 3 days, don't know the discount my wife gets but she says its quite healthy

Leonard - think its about £350 a day if you have it for 3 days, don't know the discount my wife gets but she says its quite healthy

She can hire one for me if she likes?! :lol:

I say again you lucky devil!

You could have a Corrado for life or an Aston for 3 days :grin:

Very nice Andy :) Getting the chance to drive one of these in April on a supercar event - but the next step has to be renting one to use on the roads like you did. Only problem is that a lot of places don't want to know you until you're 30!! :(

Very nice! Doubt you missed the Golf much over the weekend!?! How does your wife manage to get a healthy discount - have I missed something? Either way you must be doing something right 8)

Jim - I think most places say you have to be at least 30, they do have an R32 for £100 per day where you only need to be 25

Phil K - we get a decent discount purely because we use them at least once every year. Sarah had got me a Gallardo a couple of years ago but I asked her if we could change it for an Aston - just something about them that lifts them above everything else