Sign in to follow this  
20vtvw

dark burgundy pearl VR ,8and 9x16 OZ vegas

:norty:

well im picking up my drilled discs and hubs in the morning and some 12mm spacers so should have the wheels on by monday then hopefully it will make it down to inters were it will be on ccgb stand on sunday :grin:

Bro the oz's look amazing, shoulda kept em polished though IMO!

U knw how much I love this car!

thanks,,

the wheels are built with the centre bolted in from behind so can change colour without a full strip down,done them pearl black for now but might get them chrome powder coated nxt (just for u abdul :grin: )

thanks,,

the wheels are built with the centre bolted in from behind so can change colour without a full strip down,done them pearl black for now but might get them chrome powder coated nxt (just for u abdul :grin: )

Aint u sweet :camp:

This is such an awesome rado, just a proper tastefull car imo.

the rears will rub as they are but i need to swap the 215 40s for 205s (that should sort the rear)dont want to put any more camber on the rear as it destroys the handlin,the front needs a little more -camber to tuck them in the arches,,but when i was working on it today i noticed the brake lines from front to rear are badly carroded so this will have to be sorted b4 i start using it,theres always something :brickwall:

well ive had a great week of driving the rado again,,new engine feels great and is very smooth,the wheels arnt catching as much as i thought they would but today the front tyres have gone down :( so looks like i need to take the tyres off and re seal them with some better sealant,,im gutted but at least thats my only problem(for now) :evilbat:

well ive had a great week of driving the rado again,,new engine feels great and is very smooth,the wheels arnt catching as much as i thought they would but today the front tyres have gone down :( so looks like i need to take the tyres off and re seal them with some better sealant,,im gutted but at least thats my only problem(for now) :evilbat:

Cracking car there mate, glad to hear you've got it running again. I had the same problem with my split rims, thought I had everything sorted & 3 wheels went flat :mad2: I just cleaned them up again & used black silicone to re-seal them. thankfully there still up. Are your arches rolled?

cheers,,ye im going to use black silicone now...

arches are rolled a bit ,i knocked the front lips back with a dolly as arch rollers tend to warp the wing but the rears have been trimmed back but still need rolling(nxt on the list :) )then its time for a new exhaust,,

gave it anothe good cleaning and a wax 2day and put the bra back on(hides some stone chips) :lol:

ive taken the hammer to the rear arches but they still rub so nxt on the list has to be some narrower tyres for the rear

love this pic ,,still need to get some centres made for the wheels :roll:

bestrado.jpg

front?? mine is standerd under bonnet in this ,,but my 20vt one with smooth bay was going to use a citron single wiper motor (very small so can be hiden)

and just remove the rear one :D

with the weather cooling down a fair bit iv decided to put the rado away for the winter shortly,,will be fitting new bushes and sorting a few issues ..

wilst havin a quick look on ebay i came accross a mk1 gti cabby (cheap!!)so stuck a cheaky bid on it and ended up winning :clap:

my first thoughts were to use it as parts for my mk1 project but when i went to pick it up i found it was pretty much mint!!only problem was it has a bad missfire :(

so got it to my bosses farm and its sitting there till i pick up a new engine nxt week and get it mot ed..

heres a pic.

mk1c.jpg

mk1c1.jpg

mk1c2.jpg

mk1c5.jpg

this is now gonna be my winter daily,,then c if to break it when the rado goes back on the road.

was a proper impulse buy mate ,,saw it with a couple of hours left and it was local ..

on the rado front ,,im thinkin of widening the rear arches a touch as i got done for my wheels poking :nono: want to keep them factory looking so wats the best way to do it??

love the cab mate i would have kept myn if the gf could have coped turning it with no power steering,although the leon is far easyer to drive daily :)

i thought about pulling my arches for about a year,in the end i wanted it to look as they are so i was goin to cut it higher and keep the folded part and put a stip inbetween.

in the end i like it as they are and i realy didnt want to put much filler on the body if any incase it sinks,so now il have to settle for narrower wheels.

:)

ye iv measured how far my wheels actualy poke and its only 15mm so i think il get some 2.5"dishes made for the rears and a touch more -camber and that will solve that problem ,for now tho im puttin my mates a4 avant 16s on with 50 profile tyres :p gonna look realy bad but its only until i get the cabby sorted :norty: