Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Problem with garage :(

Took my car on Friday to get 2 x Toyo T1-R's, no biggie...

So today I've been cleaning the car as me and a few of the lads are off to a car show tomorrow, I get to cleaning the alloys and I notice that my original Speedline centre caps look a bit odd.

Turns out that the garage snapped them off, but rather than tell me, they've used mastick (or similiar) on the actual alloy wheel itself and then some kind of grey blue-tack-style gum on the centre cap, then just mashed them together!!! :shock:

I can't believe that they'd think I would not notice, but when I contact the garage on Monday, how on earth can I prove it?!

Thankfully, I've not paid for the tyres yet and I don't plan on doing so!

Anyone know where I can get original Speedline centre caps from, can you still get them from the dealership?

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

Bloody garages, problem is most of the time they do get away with it :(

As for new one, yes they should still be available from the dealers, part number 535 601 149A Z31, around £7.16 ex VAT each.

Sorry to hear that mate. Try talking to the manager about the situation ubt it could be difficult to prove.

Keep an eye on ebay, the centre caps occasionally come up on there.

I know its not a full set but here is one centre cap on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHEEL-CENTRE-CAP- ... 240%3A1318

EDIT - obviously too slow at replying.

Its a German tyre fitting franchise in Gutersloh, Germany. I'm away in the south of the country all day Monday, but I'm still going to call them and let them know I have no intention of paying until its sorted.

I'm just so disappointed, there is no way its going to be easy, I know the owners son speaks English, but I bet they start not speaking any when I insist on not paying. Plus its such an awful job! I'm going to have to scrape away loads of this gunky mastick shit from where the centre cap goes.

Guess I'll buy them from the dealership then and send them the bill. :mad2:

There is no way I would fear confronting them face to face about this. Egg on face for them and they should do backward somersault for you as wronged customer.

There is no way I would fear confronting them face to face about this. Egg on face for them and they should do backward somersault for you as wronged customer.

Too right!!!

Went back to the garage, they said it was like that, I said it wasn't...no budging.

So...unfortunately, due to circumstances (i.e. needing to keep my head down with my superiors) I decided to bite the bullet and just pay the bill. However, NO-ONE from our car club will ever go there again, and I often get asked by my other colleagues where to go...that place will not be on my list.

Volkswagen, as ever, were ninja's and able to get me 2 x Speedline centre caps within 24hrs for £18. I dare not look at the other 2 centre caps in case they need replacing (which involve me going into the corner of a room and screaming)...but at least I know I can get them from the dealership still.

Thanks for the part numbers. :wave: