OllieVR6

Ollies VR6

Hey man, thanks. I took your advice and checked for rust inside the car, pleased to report, nothing found. I'll need to have a really good look before the interior goes back in but I think I'm safe.

Looking great mate liking the styling :cool:

Well done on fitting the coilovers etc. not an easy job

Thanks Kev. I know my thread isn't every exciting (probably the lack of pictures!) but hopefully if I keep updating it, people will enjoy it.

Old school called today to let me know the windscreen came out it one piece, woop! They said that the rust wasn't too bad and that they are letting the paint dry over night before they refit the screen.

Due to work I cant pick it up until Saturday morning, I'm very excited! :bonk:

Edited by OllieVR6

Thanks Kev. I know my thread isn't every exciting (probably the lack of pictures!) but hopefully if I keep updating it, people will enjoy it.

Old school called today to let me know the windscreen came out it one piece, woop! They said that the rust wasn't too bad and that they are letting the paint dry over night before they refit the screen. Due to work I cant pick it up until Saturday morning, I'm very excited! :bonk:

Did you have to buy a new window seal kit in the end?

Ooh yes sorry. I hadn't done an update because I want to take some pictures but I can do that later.

Collected the car on Saturday, and I've already said it but the customer service was amazing, I said to them that if they opened a body shop I'd be coming straight back haha! I seriously encourage anyone in the area to go here if you can make the trip, definitely worth a bit of extra petrol and if you let me know you're going I'll pick you up or something :)

The total cost was £250, for that they removed the screen (in one piece), repaired the rust (they said it was minor), painted the area which had to be left to dry over night and then refitted the screen, again I think they left this overnight, all cleaned up and looking as good as new. They didn't have to replace any of the rubber trim parts or the metal bits down each side so there was no extra cost there. On a side note they gave me a really good quote in case I did need a new screen which was £185 +VAT, I thought that was pretty fair.

I haven't soak tested it yet but I am certain this is a 100% fix, you can just tell by looking at it that they have done a fantastic job, from the inside you can see a nice big universally applied layer of bonding all the way around. When driving the car before (especially after fitting the coilovers) you could hear the screen creaking and cracking along the top edge where it was moving around slightly. On the drive home this was completely eliminated and aside from the lack of interior it was smooth, quiet and just lovely. I'm pretty sure it even made the car feel more stable.

I will be soak testing in the next few days and I'll take some pictures at the same time.

Edited by OllieVR6

Ho hum. Had a spare hour so just been messing with the C. It has to be said that I'm definitely a fair weather fettler!

Does anyone know if its possible to get replacement outer lower window seals/scrapers? I think I've sorted the leaking doors but now the rain has let up I probably won't find out for certain until I replace the carpet and it rains.

Edited by OllieVR6
sig edit

So...been doing some bits to the C over the last week. Most of the interior is back in now and I have replaced the old sound deadening with Dynamat extreme under the carpet and put the left over bits under the head lining.

Edited by OllieVR6

I get that sometimes. I look at the car and think the shape and general condition is just lovely. Then I look at a small part that I'm not happy with and think it's tatty. But you have to remember how old these cars are now. I bet if you parked it next to a 10 year old average 'modern' car you'd realise how great condition it really is for its age.

I know what you mean about the grille badge. I'm tempted to put my silver badge back on for a bit. Mines currently got a black badge. Not a major fan of completely badgeless to be honest. Try a standard one and see? It only takes a few mins to swap once you've got hold of one.

Having replaced the header tank with a MK4 version, checking the fluid level is a delight! Not to mention getting the cap off to top it up is a breeze. After changing the fluid for brand new G12++ I can report that the temps were healthy and everything was looking good even after a good thrashing on a hot day.

Sadly the good times were short lived and the next day the level was down again (still visible in the header tank but low enough to make the warning light flash). I've left the car for a week, checked it tonight and the only place I can see any sign of a leak is at the elbow and even then I can't decide if it's actually leaking. It's been dry for a few days and the car has been parked up so there isn't really any other way for water to be around that area is there?

So a new rad and elbow now join the shopping list. Hopefully this will see the end of my mechanical issues and I can get on with a couple of the upgrades I wanted to get done.

Woop, just picked up the Corrado from it's MOT. Passed with 0 advisories which is 2 less than last year icon_smile.gif

Edited by OllieVR6

Gave it a wash today, took a picture, what do you think?

Edited by OllieVR6
fix pic

That's the only one for now. I need to lower it slightly at the front so from the side it looks a bit odd at the moment.

Edited by OllieVR6

Yep the 90mm one does catch everything lol mine scrapes on bad speed bumps and my drive but im not to low at the min plus im on 16's wich gives me a little more room to breath

Time for an update! Got a few things to post that I've done over recent months.

In the summer I put down some Dynamat:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70317[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70318[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70321[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70320[/ATTACH]

I also got some polished stainless bolts for the boot struts:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70329[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70324[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70328[/ATTACH]

I picked up a second hand stainless Milltek cat back which sounds fantastic and makes the back look much better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70331[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70332[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70333[/ATTACH]

Edited by OllieVR6

So today I have mostly been doing this....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70455[/ATTACH]

So that I can fit my new radiator!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70456[/ATTACH]

What's this pipe for?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70457[/ATTACH]

Edited by OllieVR6