Sign in to follow this  
horney

1/4 mile times, what you done?

Hi Folks,

I'm off to Spring Fest next weekend and I'm planning on running up the strip a few times to see what the old girl can do. I was just wondering what others who had done 1/4 miles had clocked up for comparison.

So lets see what you got and what engine/spec your car is, I'll post up mine when I'm back from the pod.

Nick

I did a 15.7 in my G60 with a slipping clutch and knackered lambda probe. That was ‘stage 4’ with 68mm pulley, induction and exhaust.

I think a lot of it depends on how kind you want to be to your drivetrain. 120K mile gearboxes don't like to be hurried

I did a 15.7 in mine, I was hoping for better as i did a 15.5 in my golf vr and that was standard, my c has a 6 branch, bmc cda, ported and polished head, racing cams, and a stainless. So I was a bit dissopointed to be honest but it does need mapping, good luck mate I will see you there.

I did a 15.12 time not including reaction time last year at the spring festival with half a tank of fuel and full interior, no spare though! That was on my first run, I couldn't get close to that on the subsequent 2 runs which were 15.3 and 15.5. Hoping to do marginally better this year.

Those times are for a G60 on a stock charger 65mm pulley, chip and Golf FMIC, and full stainless ex system+manifold. Diesel gearbox helped with traction and the 1/8 mile time!

I've managed a G-Tech time of 14.7 (less than gallon of fuel, car weighed 1115kg) with a 0-60 of 5.9 secs. :grin: Unfortunately you don't get a 0-60 time at the pod, unless you take a G-Tech with you! :)

If I can get in the 14 seconds consistently I'll be happy with the new setup. I will have a 2nd Cylinder Head in the boot this time! But still the same fuel level. Should be interesting. :dorky:

Mine was a 14.6 i think off the top of my head, car is off the road now so it will be next year when i can do another run. :(

Want to get mine timed this year, was going to at Flames & Thunder last year but couldn't face it after a day on the strongbow with Kev :gag:

Will be doing the 1/4 with mine, not sure when 8)

Isn't that just driing from one end of Jersey to the other?

Would be dangerous, not enough run off to stop or turn around

Ending up with the tough decision, does he veer to the left and end up in the sea, or veer to the right and suffer the ferry destined for France.....

:norty:

Would be dangerous, not enough run off to stop or turn around

:tumbleweed:

Ending up with the tough decision, does he veer to the left and end up in the sea, or veer to the right and suffer the ferry destined for France.....

:joker2:

Just because none of you have got a fast car :lol:

Your :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

I will be at GTI festival on the 29th, but will not be running my 'rado down the Santa Pod strip, as I will be working. I do some of the commentary and annoucing work and that Sunday is one of my gigs.

Previous Pod experience tells me that my VR6 would be low 15's. I look forward to seeing some of your more modified motors giving it some in a safe environment. :D

Just been out with a G-Tech and managed a [email protected] 1/8 of a mile with a 60ft in 2.335, 330ft in 6.284 with a 0-60 in 5.88 seconds. Here's the excuses - 10 gallons on board and found it hard to find a decent road with traction. And it was all legal as I didn't break the speed limit! :grin: Much Anyway!

I will be at GTI festival on the 29th, but will not be running my 'rado down the Santa Pod strip, as I will be working. I do some of the commentary and annoucing work and that Sunday is one of my gigs.

Thats a cool job mate, welcome. :notworthy:

did a 14.50 in my vr6 at elvington. good tyres, koni suspension, completely standard engine, magnex exhaust. ran with half a tank and complete interior/spare wheel. was well chuffed! :D

Want to get mine timed this year, was going to at Flames & Thunder last year but couldn't face it after a day on the strongbow with Kev :gag:

:lol: you went to bed at seven you should of been fine

did a 14.50 in my vr6 at elvington. good tyres, koni suspension, completely standard engine, magnex exhaust. ran with half a tank and complete interior/spare wheel. was well chuffed! :D

That is brilliant mate especially its not on the proper sticky stuff.

Thats nothing...get a brew on lads and check out this link of me spanking down the strip in 18 seconds dead!

It was a standard engined 1.4 8v Polo with a Supersprint exhaust, Pipercross induction and hardly any petrol! It was my first experience of Volkswagens when I was a mere 21! :D

Also just seen you have a Campaign and you would run it down the strip, awesome mate :clap:

Thanks dude, I probably wont get a chance to have a go on the strip, as I will be working. I've done 18.04 in my old 1967 split screen camper van and a 15.7 in my 1968 Karmann Ghia, both times at Santa Pod. The Ghia had a broken nosecone at the time, gearchanges were very slow, I think maybe a second was wasted.