Sign in to follow this  
borarob

my red rado - some new pics by the sea!

Car looks superb! Love the Sebrings :luvlove: How did you do the pinstripe?

cheers :)

for the pinstripe I was going to use motor bike wheel tape, in the end though I trusted my steady hand and painted it on myself. Also if i'd have used tape I would not have been able to do the red on the very outside lip - would have been just inside that and I decide that wasn't what I wanted.

Very thin brush using red enamel paint - then lacquered over the top. On real close inspection there are a few times I wobbled slightly but as you can see from pics from anything more than a few feet away it looks fine.

I'm actually quite looking forward to winter to get these on the car :lol:

made some progress over this week with my red rear lights project.

so they were all sanded down and ready to go, got my savage red tinting spray (recommend this) and a tin of halfords clear lacquer

after about 4 coats of tint (1200 flatted after 2 coats)

Photo0013.jpg

left for 24 hours then put on 3 coats of lacquer

100_1150.jpg

waited 5 or so hours then took off the masking

100_1165.jpg

wasn't completely happy with the finish as there was some dull patches where the lacquer had misted on and there was some orange peel. so took the plunge and flatted back the lacquer with 1200 grit and the polished back to a lovely shine using first T-cut, then scratch-x then megs gold class.

also got my green bulbs which I'm gonna try first for the imdicators - if thats no good I've also got some amber LED ones

100_1169.jpg

100_1172.jpg

They look really good, re-tinted my tail lights last weekend. Haven't flatted or polished the laquer yet though Hope they look as shiney as yours. Loving red corrados at the moment. Only thing that puts me off is the upkeep to keep them looking as nice as yours, don't think my pipe cleaner arms could manage it.

They look really good, re-tinted my tail lights last weekend. Haven't flatted or polished the laquer yet though Hope they look as shiney as yours. Loving red corrados at the moment. Only thing that puts me off is the upkeep to keep them looking as nice as yours, don't think my pipe cleaner arms could manage it.

really recommend megs scratch-x - fantastic stuff will give you a great shine with no spider web / swirl marks.

done and on the car.a lot less hassle than I was expecting actually. they lined up fine and I even solved my weird reverse light issue - there was a disconnected ground wire.

Photo0014.jpg

Photo0015.jpg

Photo0017.jpg

exactly the look i was hoping for. now just need to sort out the side repeaters. think I will go for smoked for them.

using green bulbs for the indicators - not entirely happy with that has the light is only a slightly more orange red than the brake lights! also the quality of the green bulbs is poo. one has so much green paint on that it is much duller than the other. will have to try the LED one's I've got.

Hi liking the all red rears, thinking of doing them on mine not sure how they'll look on a black C. Loving the wheels i have these on my cordoba had to put 10mm spacers on to clear the front calipers even now there is only a rizla papers width between them. Was in two minds whether to put them on the C,so got some audi tt comps as well.

Hi liking the all red rears, thinking of doing them on mine not sure how they'll look on a black C.

Check out my gallery thread ;)

looking good!! what LED lamps you got??

just some of the 19 LED ebay specials - however they are not on the car yet as i still haven't got the load resistors to go with them. so atm using green bulbs. def gonna get the LEDs sorted though as they show much more amber than the green jobbies

looking good!! what LED lamps you got??

just some of the 19 LED ebay specials - however they are not on the car yet as i still haven't got the load resistors to go with them. so atm using green bulbs. def gonna get the LEDs sorted though as they show much more amber than the green jobbies

oh right, might have a look at sorting some of those out for mine...

now i appreciate these are a bit marmite but i think they really suit the rado - especially earlier ones like mine that have a flatter bonnet. should reduce the amount of chips and dead flies accumulating on my run to work!

100_1158.jpg

100_1162.jpg

100_1156.jpg

i have gone back to chrome front badge - was all a bit black up front with the underwear on

:lol: :thumbup

having to redo the sebrings - something gone awry with the paint and they have crinkled - kinda lost interest in the refurb of them but need to finish as I wont be putting the rota through a winter - so just gonna smoothrite them in black now (tbh this is so much easier - wish i done this first time around)

I was gonna post saying I liked the all black front but you've gone and changed it :lol:

I can see why though, the black bra would make it look a bit much......car looks mint, red rears on red C's look spot on and I like the 'bra' look as well.

:salute:

Looking good as usual! Remember to put some masking tape on the bonnet under the top edge of the bra.

well just as its time to put the summer wheels back on I realise I never got around to showing pics of my C with its winter sebrings on. pics of the sebrings earlier in this thread show them gloss, but as i think i said the paint went funny so had to redo and went for satin instead. here's how it looks at the mo (for a few more weeks anyway and the rotas will be back :clap: )

100_1708.jpg

tuck ftw!

100_1710.jpg

100_1713.jpg

100_1714.jpg

so friday lunchtime at work was spent fitting one of these:

http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?c...products_id=671

thought i'd give a go as for the price i figured i couldn't really go wrong.

should have really taken more pics as I could've done a how to, oh well.

the kit itself is pretty good, the switchblade key fob feels quite nice, not quite up to oem standard, but good enough. comes with laser cut blanks installed but you get two blanks for the car of your choice

09042010095.jpg

you also get :vw stickers to put on

09042010096.jpg

the instructions are a bit pap as the wiring they give you for vacuum pump type CL is not what you need to use. but luckily this forum has some amazingly helpful peeps on it so soon was informed of what to do! In the end it was just a case of splicing into 4 wires of the harness that connects to the CL pump in the boot. Plus, just to be flashy I also connected up a further two wires so that the indicators blink on lock/unlock

as i say, should have taken more pics, this is after i'd done the splicing and put pump holder back together - you can see the 4 wires emerging from the side

09042010093.jpg

the rest of the loom. most of it is enused here - if i had electric windows etc I could make use of it to do things like full closure. it also has interface from trunk opening - got the module for doing that - next on my list..

09042010094.jpg

so at that stage you just plug in the 'brain unit' and away you go. I stuck and zip tied mine to the bodywork and then replaced the turret carpet over the top so its all hidden out the way

more pics of the key, this time with the correct key blanks in. cost £5 to get them cut! so now the switchblade key opens the doors and actually starts the car!

11042010099.jpg

11042010100.jpg

11042010101.jpg

11042010102.jpg

finally a little vid of it in action. all in all a trick little mod for a bout £35!

th_11042010008.jpg

crappy video quality as it was pretty dark, but you get the idea

oh also put the 3 slat grille back on. next job is put the rotas back on for summer and to plough on with my boot install.

:thumbup

alright

Ive lowered my coils on the back and spaced the back out again (another 6mm), I'll get some pics up. They rub tbh but I should be able to sort it