Abdul

A comeback is looming...

Hey Nick, I love it tbh, nice and relaxed and no more left leg ache after a couple hours sat in traffic. It's a bit sloppy off the line but it's not really a traffic light racer is it lol.

My average mpg is currently 14mpg. It hurts.

Hey guys, well this didn't last long, see I've been offered a car I've been after for quite some time and this specific car is very much a one off so the CLK's for sale to fund it, if it doesn't sell all is good as the car's awesome lol and it is up for sale too cheap but I don't want to miss this opportunity.

Sorry about the lack of sound clips btw, I'll try sort some asap!

Oh and I'm dying for a corrado too. I don't know why but I need something to tinker with.

The relationship with the Merc is a bit boring**, it always starts first time, always churns out enough power and generally doesn't set a foot wrong lol. I miss the rado's quirks.

** except for when you're on the motorway foot down or with the ESP turned off lol

EDIT: just noticed my mpg post above, it now averages 20mpg due to my right foot settling down a bit. I personally think that's awesome for a heavy v8 with an auto driving around london at peak times!

Edited by Abdul

why not buy Zak's Corrado - i think it may be for sale soon, if not already? His paintwork is really at another level and he's replaced pretty much everything on the car. If i had some spare cash i would buy it yesterday.

why not buy Zak's Corrado - i think it may be for sale soon, if not already? His paintwork is really at another level and he's replaced pretty much everything on the car. If i had some spare cash i would buy it yesterday.

I do love it but blackberry isn't my preference. Either way I have something else I want, if that doesnt work out I'm open to ideas. I've pm'd Zak with some thoughts though.

I need mine to go first aswell before I can buy another car. Do want to keep the merc but I can't have myself a dub and the merc as a daily driver as it's makes no sense financially. Running costs will be too high. Will probably get a decent estate in tdi form aswell as the toy.

Thanks H

Random 4.33 am post...

I need another rado lol, hit me with px's if anyones interested in the Merc! They really do get under your skin!

Back to revising... :(

Too many nice rados getting sold and too many dreamers calling about the merc lol.

Anyone up for a px or a straight sale even. I'll sell at a favourable price to anyone off of here.

Trying to shift big engined cars after Xmas is a no no it would seem lol.

Cheers fellas.

Considering yours Darren but my plans involve low suspension, wide wheels and body mods of all sorts. Your cars a concourse winner, doesn't make sense to ruin it. N yep these clk's are bargains these days, you can get a nice 55 amg for less then 5k.

Pete also considering yours but really want something with a few more mods etc to save me the hassle and ££ lol.

I've noticed rados are priced all over the place ATM but after speaking with a few owners that have recently sold up it would seem that 3k can get you a hell of a lot of corrado these days!

We shall see :)

Edited by Abdul

Hey guys, well this didn't last long, see I've been offered a car I've been after for quite some time and this specific car is very much a one off so the CLK's for sale to fund it, if it doesn't sell all is good as the car's awesome lol and it is up for sale too cheap but I don't want to miss this oppurtunity

I am still be getting this car but it will remain a mystery untill I'm reasonably happy with it.

I should be collecting the car next week if all goes to plan.

Already bought a few parts and will be buying new wheels next week... :)

Look forward to seeing the mystery girl mate . Rob

Rob FFS I've got Peter andre stuck in my head now lol.

Sorry mate ,crap song must be a bummer keep having that in your head lol, oooh did i just remind you again ! as above whats all this then ?

No more pics for now as it's snowing but it looks pretty much the same as in this link from UD09...

http://www.psituning.com/page.php?xPage=26corradostorm.html

Spec nicked from the add:

2.8 V6 4motion engine conversion with cruise control, BMC CDA, Miltek Decat back, custom code stage 2; RR'd at 222BHP, ill fish out the dyno plot and let you guys know what the torque is later lol.

FK konigsport silverline coilovers.

Team dynamics 17” black alloy wheels with Pirelli P zero nero tyres.

Drilled 288mm front brake disks with Porsche boxster 2.5 black brake calipers and pads.

Powerflex bushes all round.

Clarion DXZ868RMP CD headunit with AUX IN & Bluetooth.

Custom boot install with JL audio amp and JL audio subwoofer and Jl components front and back and custom boot floor.

I must say it's a great car, I got lucky I guess, I called the guy the morning the add went up (it's been on ebay in the past plenty of times) and so got dibs really lol. He's been getting calls non stop even while I was there to pick the car up!

To do's in no specific order:

Fit aero wipers (thanks to enthusiastowned)

Fit my chunky ass steering wheel

Sort the brakes out as for some reason they're worse then stock VR brakes, a couple brake hoses were changed a few days ago to get it through mot so maybe the system needs to be bled etc, i'm guessing air is trapped. No pedal feel and even when I stamp on em the car hardly stops unless I use engine braking.

Do something about the ridiculously low alloy sump, the lads at PSI suggested sticking on a 12v VR sump as it's steel so will take a few hits before giving up...

Take out the entire sound system and sell it (pm me if interested) and put my shiz in

Replace the BMC with a rediculous cone filter to try and capture a bit of 12v intake roar (also pm me if interested lol)

Get front arches painted; maybe a few other bits too

Detail the car

Kick back and relax!!

It drives ace, torque is awesome, top end doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would be, still needs some cams or something though. Handles awesome too while having a decent ride. Could do with 205/40's though instead of the 195/40s (yes im growing up LOL).

Gotta give it to the previous owner who had all the work done on the car; its spec is pretty comprehensive.

Oh and the interior is near mint, heated seats are weak though!

Thanks for reading, more pics soon!

nice one and yeh when its stopped snowing get some more pics up, and enjoy bleeding those bleeding brakes lol

I just remembered your thread.

Oh no. lol.

I've never done it before either haha, this could be interesting. I just read online that the boxster front calipers are also the exact same dimensions but have far superior braking power (obviously) so on the hunt for a set of those now lol.

Very nice mate, looking forward to seeing how this evolves. Lovely oem install, You'll need to move that water bottle though if your ever going to supercharge it ;)

good stuff. Bring it over some time, would be good to have a go in a 24v...

Edited by fla