Abdul

A comeback is looming...

I can't say I have mate, sounds a bit better but either way I'll be fitting a regular cone. It's got a decat and custom code phase 2 remap. It made 222 bhp on a slightly pessimistic rolling road.

Rams, cheers mate, I'll get a vid or two up in a few weeks. Let me tidy the car up a little lol. I want your paint!

I can't say I have mate, sounds a bit better but either way I'll be fitting a regular cone. It's got a decat and custom code phase 2 remap. It made 222 bhp on a slightly pessimistic rolling road.

Rams, cheers mate, I'll get a vid or two up in a few weeks. Let me tidy the car up a little lol. I want your paint!

You probably haven't seen my thread, it's being repainted as I'm not 100 percent happy with it. Back to metal which is probably what I should have started off with but you live and learn. Perfect body works needs to be started from scratch - I'm convinced! Mainly as the paint looks good and a few months later, issues.

Take a trip to sunny Bournemouth some time, planning a curry night with some of the guys from here

You probably haven't seen my thread, it's being repainted as I'm not 100 percent happy with it. Back to metal which is probably what I should have started off with but you live and learn. Perfect body works needs to be started from scratch - I'm convinced! Mainly as the paint looks good and a few months later, issues.

Take a trip to sunny Bournemouth some time, planning a curry night with some of the guys from here

Mate, you're mad! I dont blame ya tbh but I hope your not paying all over again?

Cheers for the invite, let me know when you plan to meet up, it's a bit far but ill consider it!

Going to pop out and fit my aero wipers now lol.

nice car dude!

Thanks, should have some updates next week. It's been too cold this last week to do anything lol.

Yeah been busy lately so I've literally got nothing done other then fitting the induction kit and strut caps and a quick wipe down.

5cbf07a3.jpg

I really need to clean the engine bay properly. Need to clean the wax off the chassis legs etc paint the inlet and fit a new cover. Oh and get a new coolant tank and washer bottle. Long...

Does anyone know it battey covers from other vag models will fit??

Edited by Abdul

Lol I knew I'd get questioned for that.

A few reasons;

The bmc looks a bit crap IMO compared to a nice cone and makes near enough no sound. As you know the 24v makes hardly any intake noise compared to a 12v which was for me the best part so i guess I'm trying to recapture some of that.

Performance wise I figure I rarely ever give it stick from stand still where heat soak mostly occurs so all is good. Its nippy enough for me to lose a couple bhp and not be bothered. Having said that if the difference is noticeable I'll look into fitting an OEM airbox.

Rob, will look into that. Off to eBay I go!!

To be honest, ideally I want to relocate the battery and washer bottle to be boot. Battery's a piece of ****, not sure how to deal with the washer though...

Edited by Abdul

Yeah, I do miss the 12v roar, I was considering your Bmc when it was £80, but then you changed the price:rolleyes:

Golf 3 battery covers should fit too. Cant see any reason why they wouldn't, they are big enough for the heavy duty ones anyway.

Golf 3 battery covers should fit too. Cant see any reason why they wouldn't, they are big enough for the heavy duty ones anyway.

Cheers mate.

No new updates. Quite a few parts lying around, can't be arsed to fit em. lol

Sump has now got a small leak which is great. Need a damn sump guard, the cars not even low. C spanner should sort that out soon though.

I like the naked look too but mine being an early lump doesn't have the individual coil packs and so the ht leads run across the inlet making for a pretty ugly look. Lol

Ice is being torn out buddy, still on the hunt for a pioneer p88rs. I'm starting my speaker builds too so should sound awesome. Need to have a new sub box made up though.

---------- Post added at 7:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:15 PM ----------

On another note my vr6 grill badge arrived today courtesy of little andrew (thanks mate).

That's not the exciting part though... Just check out how well it was wrapped lol.

cb429a43.jpg

The badge was wrapped in loads of bubble wrap which was inside a cardboard tube which was covered in lots of bubble wrap which was in another tube of card which was inside bubble wrapped envelope lol.

Love it! :)

I like the naked look too but mine being an early lump doesn't have the individual coil packs and so the ht leads run across the inlet making for a pretty ugly look. Lol

Ice is being torn out buddy, still on the hunt for a pioneer p88rs. I'm starting my speaker builds too so should sound awesome. Need to have a new sub box made up though.

---------- Post added at 7:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:15 PM ----------

On another note my vr6 grill badge arrived today courtesy of little andrew (thanks mate).

That's not the exciting part though... Just check out how well it was wrapped lol.

cb429a43.jpg

The badge was wrapped in loads of bubble wrap which was inside a cardboard tube which was covered in lots of bubble wrap which was in another tube of card which was inside bubble wrapped envelope lol.

Love it! :)

bet he's family hate him on xmas day with wrapping skills like that lol

Hey Abdul, Looking good bro. We gotta link up soon!! I might be keeping my Corrado after all....Gonna call this guy from up North and tell him I've changed my mind.

Looks like my 40K VR6 engine will be up forsale soon!! lol

You joker!! Corrado's are infectious bro...

We'll meet up, got a few more things to sort....

Yeah that's true regarding the HT lead 24V, not the prettiest of motors under the cover!

Curiously enough, I bought a grille badge last week too :D

Pioneer P88RS eh? You have good taste my man. Seems you and I have some ICE discussion to do :D I had the predecessor, can't remember it's name, but wasn't quite as feature packed. In the end I settled on the Alpine 9835R and that was one hell of a unit. Internal amp bypass, proper parametric eq, 3 way x-over, 5V preouts, t'was a thing of beauty and had a much warmer sound than the Pioneer, which was perfect for my metal domed SEAS reference tweets, which could sound a touch grainy with a very bright source like the Pioneer.

Interestingly enough, the old Pioneer P90 + Processor combo sounds a lot warmer and more natural than the Alpine F1 Status kit, and it's a lot cheaper!!

I want to get back into ICE again. I sold all my kit about 5 years ago.

You had the p77mp. Good units but like you say the it's not got as many toys.

The 9835 is still the dogs, better then most out there now, wish I never sold it along with my p88!

To be honest parametric eq's are better for properly fine tuning your system but i like the ease of the p88s graphic. I always use it while driving lol.

I'm currently rocking a 9813r (in black) untill i get hold of a p88...

I personally find the alpines to be too bright, I much prefer the p88, it sounded a lot smoother to me lol. The eq is too die for too; I might go active, not sure yet.

If cash wasnt an issue i'd rock the new p99, thing of beauty IMO.

I'm always fighting myself trying to split my cash between car audio and general mods. Car audio is an unhealthy addiction and can get very expensive. Have you seen the sonic frontiers installs? 75k+ for the top stuff lol.

Edited by Abdul

Cool, I might look at the P88 then as it sounds the nads!

Tell me about the expense!! As well as the 9835, I had seas lotus reference, phase linear aliante sub and a pair of series 3 dual monos! Luckily I knew Audioscape well at the time but even with discount it still cost shed loads! I do miss it all. I pulled it all out when I got more focused on performance and weight saving!

I still have a P77.. great unit, sound quality so much better than anything i had before.

I'll be running it with a genesis profile 5, genesis 12" & JL C5-650x 's..

Most of it is pretty old kit now, but quality wise isn't too shabby..

Looking forward to seeing what you get together..

Baz