Abdul

A comeback is looming...

Hi guys, names Abdul, i bought the Rado a couple months ago. Have wanted one for ages but couldnt insure a VR (was 19 at the time) so bought a valver and here it is!! Oh and id like to say sorry for the ****e quality pics, i refuse to buy a digi cam, being a student means im broke lol.

It was on coilys of some sort but tbh they were ****e and were replaced with Weitec GT's. It also came with 16" Lenso BSX rims and thats about it. Since then ive just been tidying up bits n bobs, smoked indicators which now dont work at all because i managed to drop the actual indicators into the wing somewhere lol, got rid of the rubstrips, got some smoked rear lights and changed the splitter from a 90mm to a 50mm. Got the alignment sorted out but while i was there i figure'd it'd be rude not to get some camber dialed in up front to match the rear (no shims, just low-ness camber lol) so they're sitting -1.5 degrees i think. There are a few more bits n bobs but i cant remember!

How it looked when i bought it:

Pics1.jpg

Pics2.jpg

How it looks at the mo (there still glue left where i took the strips off in the pics lol)

Pics8.jpg

Pics7.jpg

Pics5.jpg

I like this shot alot

Pics12.jpg

Future plans:

Some 195/40's for the front and some spacers to help the stance, lower it some more and thats about it for now.

And for good measure..

My 1st car (2 years ago now!!), my beloved '01 Polo TDI Colour concept

Pics13.jpg

Heated recaro's baby!!

DSC00635-1.jpg

A fully loaded '01 Audi A3 1.8T (180 bhp) followed this but only lasted 2 months and made way for the rado...

Image016.jpg

Image020-2.jpg

Image017-1.jpg

Abdul :D

Edited by Abdul

mate im loving that! liking that colour too .only ever seen one corrado like that in the flesh.Looks like a nice drop over a nice set of wheels .Only thing i would do is colour code the top part of your eyebrow spoiler to tie it in with the rest of the car.

wondered who had bought this, gave it some consideration when i was looking around for another one..

as for the side repeaters thats an easy fix, just whip the arch lining off, its about 4 bolts/screws iirc and ull see the wiring and bulb hanging down. just poke it through remembering to push it through a bit further and make sure it sits snuggly inside the side repeater. job done in less then 20 mins... :clap:

At last Abs... :clap:

Now all you need to do is whip off a front wheel (not actually nec) unscrew a bit of the inner wing liner and find the wiring (or pop the side repeater out and go fishing with some stiff wire)

Toad did this in a carpark in Oxford, tad fiddly but easy to do!

Cheers for the info lads, Im probably going to smooth the wings soon..ish so cant be arsed getting the indicator out LOL.

Waynos, the grill was still matt and unpainted in that pic, i only put it on to see how it'd look. Ill get the bodyshop to paint it when the time comes but its staying black!

I broke down again today, this problems been buggin me for the last week or so; as soon as my engine heats up after taking it out the car cuts out!! Finally decided to get it sorted today and on my way to the garage the car broke down lol. So, got fed up of waiting for it to cool down so i could drive off again and i called the AA who diagnosed the fault as being my Ignition module, the chap also adviced i change my coilpack so will be getting the parts asap and fitting them!

Keep the feedback coming... :D

Abdul :D

Well i haven't really updated this page in a while because the rado is more or less the same as it was back 5 months ago lol. I did have the car booked into the bodyshop a few months ago for some smoothage but my insurance renewal raped me sideways so had to cancel that...

I have added a 3 box powerflow exhaust system, lowered the car about 25mm at the front and 10mm out back and sorted the sound system. Ive got a few more bits n bobs sitting around at home that i need to fit but just being lazy tbh.

I also detailed the car just before DC09.

Rolling shot on the way to DC09 courtesy of Radosteve (before it was lowered more)

IMG_49631-1.jpg

Once i got there

2009_0614dc090133.jpg

At London Volksfest

volksfest1.jpg

volksfest.jpg

And today after a good wash with my new ride height... still going to go a tiny bit lower once my tyres get here

17082009126.jpg

You can see the violet pearl a bit in this pic but the sun had gone down by time i took most of em so it looks more blueish/grey.

17082009121.jpg

17082009122.jpg

17082009124.jpg

Thats all for now folks, im going to get some spacers to help the stance some more and am just waiting for my LaminX to arrive so i can sort the headlights/fogs/indicators out with some tint and my new tyres so i can get the car down a little more.

In the near future, i need to get the car in the bodyshop, the grommet thats blanking the wiper hole is UGLY, the rear plynth with VW and Corrado badge needs smoothing as does my bonnet. That should be done once im back at uni and my first loan arrives lol. After that, some rims and an engine conversion. Since i bought the car ive wanted a 1.8T conversion but mainly due to cost and lack of sump clearance thats not going to happen so im most likely going to put a 2.8 OBD2 Vr in out of a late mk3 golf in after christmas. Somewhere along the line id like a leather interior too.

Those are the plans but who knows what'll happen with regards to the engine conversion and interior. Ive had the rado up for sale a couple times due to running costs and insurance being too much for me but when its come to the crunch ive ended up refusing to sell it! Everytime i have enough money to get the rado in the bodyshop or to buy a nice interior etc it ends up needing something doing and i just get a bit carried away replacing bits and next thing i know im broke again!

What do people think, G60 (only G in ice grey violet in the country maybe or VR)? As far as i understand the only thing that makes the chargers screech is when people remove the boost returns? If thats the case, i wouldn't mind leaving it on and dealing with the charger whine lol.

Thanks for looking folks and any feedback would be appreciated!

Abdul 8)

What needs smoothed on the bonnet?? Looks gooda and low enough at the moment. Unless your doing the VR engine conversion yourself and getting the engine for peanuts I wouldnt bother if you really want a 1.8T. Standard VR's are not massively fast however if your looking at FI route in the future then an OBDII VR would be good.

Abs go G60... VR and 18T will mean a raise in height, or regular sump replacements!

I take it by smooth bonnet you mean washer removal and relplace with mk4 underslung ones?

As to tints, get a pair of teh headlight protectors like I have (not the new yellow ones, the smoked) that'll toughen up the front a bit too!

Abs go G60... VR and 18T will mean a raise in height, or regular sump replacements!

I take it by smooth bonnet you mean washer removal and relplace with mk4 underslung ones?

As to tints, get a pair of teh headlight protectors like I have (not the new yellow ones, the smoked) that'll toughen up the front a bit too!

Yep J, i mean the washers... plus the bonnets been repainted before i bought the car and i can see prep marks from certain angles.

Ive already ordered the Laminx so lets see how that goes.

Coullstar, even at mates rates the 1.8T conversion will cost me nearly 3 times as much as a vr jobby. G60's im still not sure on, stupendously messy looking which is a bit of a put off. Lets see what happens!

Anyone know how much lower VR sumps are compared to valvers? They are steel as well right?

Well i added some Lamin-x subtle tint a few days ago and tbh im not sure if i like it, its alot darker than i though it would be!! Does look good at night when the colour of the car settles down and becomes more of a dark greyish-blue, gives it a bit more of a moody effect but on the flip side takes the cars classiness away imo (the little bit it had anyway lol). I might change it soon for some of the clear stuff anyway because it does give the headlights a nice glossy finish.

DSC00532.jpg

I was going to play with the suspension today and try to sort the stance out but ended up detailing my uncles 745 instead... Biggest bitch of a detail job ever!!!!! 2 hours of claying alone, followed by polishing etc and his coming back tommorow for round 2 as i didn't even manage to get half the job done lol. Fasting while doing so does not help either!

Some pics of it before he headed home, forgot to take any of the state of the paint before i started... :sleeping:

DSC00553.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

Heres his weekend motor, now been sat in a garage for like 3 or 4 years lol. Original 325i motorsport in macau blue with the switchable auto box! It will be up for sale shortly, ill put up an add...

Randomcars4.jpg

Thats all for now folks, need to grab a munch before i start my fast again lol.

The Joys of Ramadan!

Didn't realise you have a poliosher Abs... or I'd been over and bung you a couple quid!

Would like to see the Laminx before we go on Friday if poss... compere it to the Tinted H/Light covers, does look pretty Moody with it though, has it knocked the visability at night down though? If you're not so keen on the smoke (assume that's the lightest smoke they do?) you may want to ask Neill if he'll send a couple samples of clear/blue/yellow down so you can see which you like... I'm liking the bluewhich may offset the paint better!

Cheers Ratta.

J, the visibility was so poor in the first place that i cant tell the difference lol. None of the other shades take my fancy tbh. With regards to the detailing, i wont be doing any more jobs until mid september, too tiring and i cant get enough done so it ends up taking me 2/3 days per car. We'll arrange a date next time i see you or just give me a bel!

In which case Abs get the Uprated loom available on here... massive difference... them add some Phillips/Osram 80% upgrade bulbs and jobs a good one...

I have the loom and 50% upgrades and its all great!

In which case Abs get the Uprated loom available on here... massive difference... them add some Phillips/Osram 80% upgrade bulbs and jobs a good one...

I have the loom and 50% upgrades and its all great!

Will do... :D

DON'T be a cheapskate and get an e-bay either.. you'll regret it... I have one of those still in the bag... I basically opened it looked at it and decided I didn't want the car to be visited by the London Fire Brigade first time i switched on the headlights!

Pure skinny-wired, badly crimped, Donkey-poo! :bad-words:

Kirby's are good decent thick wiring, soldering, and properly done Relays...

DON'T be a cheapskate and get an e-bay either.. you'll regret it... I have one of those still in the bag... I basically opened it looked at it and decided I didn't want the car to be visited by the London Fire Brigade first time i switched on the headlights!

Pure skinny-wired, badly crimped, Donkey-poo! :bad-words:

Kirby's are good decent thick wiring, soldering, and properly done Relays...

Ill probably just get some HID's, more output but with added glare lol.

Anyway,

Had a fiddle with the coilovers today and a scaffolding bar :lol:

Rado sits alot better now! Just need some spacers for the front...

l2.jpg

Oh and this happend yesteryday, guess who was jumping who! :lol:

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

I do love how small corrados seem to look against nearly all new cars. Even a ford fiesta seems big compared to them. Car looks good mate, love the colour but not sure about the headlights if i'm honest.

I'm liking your car mate, I like the headlights aswell. It has got me thinking about doing the same to my car. I love the E30 aswell, such a good looking car!

I do love how small corrados seem to look against nearly all new cars. Even a ford fiesta seems big compared to them. Car looks good mate, love the colour but not sure about the headlights if i'm honest.

The headlights are love/hate i suppose, sometimes i dislike em myself but then they make the car looks so moody lol.

Cheers for the comments anyway. :D

the rado looks tiny next to that bmw....

It is tiny and the BMW is huge! I was taking it for a spin and tbh it was too damn big for me, i got scared lol. Oh and i was jump starting the Bmw btw lol, the alternator died!

Righto, swapped my lenso's for some lm reps in 17x7.5 et35 all round with 205/40 yoko's.

Looked like this yesterday, i didnt bother adjusting the coilys and ran it like this to work and back. Because of the high offsets and big-ish tyres the arch liner was getting raped (tyre was sitting on the liner when stationary) and i couldn't get more than 3/4 lock without the car feeling like i had the brakes on! Was hitting the coilovers at some points too :nono: .

Car was dirty btw and the pics are all off my phone so quality isn't great lol. Sorry.

lm4.jpg

lm5.jpg

So, i raised the car today by 10mm all round and gave it a quick wash. Its much better to drive, i can now go over humps at 10-15mph (people used to walk past quicker when i had the 16s on) and dont bottom out like i used on dips/cat eye type things so all is good! Managed to drive on the motorway to my cousins house with 3 people in the car without scrubbing once or anything, was actually quite comfy.

Couldn't help but notice how nice the rado looked in his drive so...

lm1.jpg

This shot shows how desperately i need spacers (5mm spacers on the rear at the mo) the front looks funny lol.

lm3.jpg

lm2.jpg

I was quite feeling this shot even though u cant see much lol.

lm6.jpg

I really need spacers all round (10-15mm if anyone has any) to get the stance a bit better plus that way i can lower the front a tad bit without hitting the coilovers. Centre caps are missing, need to buy some and the wheels will be getting refurbed very soon, going to polish the lips myself asap. I am thinking of going down to a 195/40 for clearance and what not but honestly its so comfy on the 205's im thinking of leavin em plus they're supposed to be winter wheels while i build some summer wheels.

Comments welcome as usual!

Abdul