Sign in to follow this  
PaulMoVR6

REAR SPOILER

I have started to notice that my rear spolier gets stuck half way up when its riseing it stops for a couple of seconds then it rises to its fully upright position, Is there any way of getting in at the spoiler to put wd40 on it to try and make it run smoother? Or is the motor on its way out?

cheers

Paul

Hi mate, have a search, this has been covered to death many times. There is a thread showing the complete stripdown/regrease/rebuild procedure. It may even be in the knowledge base. Don't think its as easy as a can of WD i'm afraid...

Hope this helps. :D

EDIT: Beat me to it Matt. :D

Hi mate, have a search, this has been covered to death many times. There is a thread showing the complete stripdown/regrease/rebuild procedure. It may even be in the knowledge base. Don't think its as easy as a can of WD i'm afraid...

Sorry :grin:

You going to make it on Sunday to the Derby meet Matt?

Won't be able to make it Matt, I'm pre-disposed in Bedford this weekend... :norty:

Was going to get the Audioscape install done over the Bank Hol, but a man's gotta prioritise... :wink:

Won't be able to make it Matt, I'm pre-disposed in Bedford this weekend... :norty:

Was going to get the Audioscape install done over the Bank Hol, but a man's gotta prioritise... :wink:

Oh yeah I think I remember reading that now ha ha ha :lol:

Have fun :smurf: :luvlove: :smurfette:

Cheers guys appreciate the help

Paul

No probs mate

It is a pretty straight fwd job. Prob around 3-4 hours. Top tip is to take pics as you go so you remember where everything goes :grin:

i don't think i strip down is gonna help tbh

this is a different problem to the one of the runners getting clogged up. I had it on mine where the spoiler goes up and down in stages - no amount of cleaning (of what were very free running rams) helped. In the end I changed the whole mech and motor. If anything is worth cleaning its the motor itself though not sure its fixable?

Has anyone had a different problem with the spoiler?

Mine goes up fine, when it comes down, it blows the fuse halfway. I stripped the bootlid down, removed, cleaned and lubed, refitted. All works fine until i put one specific earth lead onto the earth block on the bracket. Then itl blow the fuse everytime. Not sure what the earth is for but it is slightly thicker then the others so was thinking rear screen? With earth disconnected the spoiler goes up and down fine.

Any help appreciated

:salute:

The mechanism will need cleaning mate.

Loads on this if you do a quick search on the forum.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3085588

It is a fiddly little job. Best to do it sooner rather than later though. That way you wont burn the motor out.

Matt

went to that lik but the pics don't work... i got the same problem... is there anywhere with piccys?

i don't think i strip down is gonna help tbh

this is a different problem to the one of the runners getting clogged up. I had it on mine where the spoiler goes up and down in stages - no amount of cleaning (of what were very free running rams) helped. In the end I changed the whole mech and motor. If anything is worth cleaning its the motor itself though not sure its fixable?

I was having the same problem, cleaned all the rods and greased up the mechanism but still the spoiler would stop in stages. I notice when listening that there was a click when the spoiler stopped and it wouldn't move again until a second click. My first thought was a miroswitch problem but on further investigation it turned out to be a component inside the motor (green rectangular part wired inline with one of the brushes) which i suspect is some kind of regulator/resistor. Anyway, decided to bypass it and now it works fine. Not sure if it's going to work long term but thought it was worth a try.

is there any way of getting it down once its locked in the up position?

i have just bought a corrado last night, and the spoiler is always up, dont want to push down on it, from experience, that doesnt do anything any good.

at least id like it to stay down

i have just bought a corrado last night, and the spoiler is always up, dont want to push down on it, from experience, that doesnt do anything any good.

open your boot lid and remove the panel that covers the spoiler mech etc, there will be a knob on the back of the spoiler mechanism pull it out gently, not to farr as you dont want to pull it off then you can wind the spoiler down manually using the knob, voila soiler is down!

open your boot lid and remove the panel that covers the spoiler mech etc, there will be a knob on the back of the spoiler mechanism pull it out gently, not to farr as you dont want to pull it off then you can wind the spoiler down manually using the knob, voila soiler is down!

hey, i done it and it works thanks, looks so much better now.

now i just need to find some info of where to start looking for faults, so i can get it back to standard working ways again.

my mates spoiler only works on the switch, anyone know the problem??

probably spoiler control module, located in the dash..

probably spoiler control module, located in the dash..[/quote:213qzjyi]

where abouts, behind the switch?? is it just better to buy one off someone then or could it be a connection??

probably spoiler control module, located in the dash..[/quote:2uzrpfhp]

where abouts, behind the switch?? is it just better to buy one off someone then or could it be a connection??[/quote:2uzrpfhp]

you'll have to take the dash undertrays out on the drivers side to get to it, maybe even the vents... i doubht it would be a connection, though i geuss it might of come unplugged?! if its connected then chances are its knackered..

thanks buddy!! :salute:

i dont think he really cares at the min as he has just got it, but you gotta have the spoiler working!! im sure when i tell him he will have a look at it...

my mates finally getting a spoiler module this weekend, is there any differences between early and late modules?? hopefully it is the module...

If the new control module doesn't work, check that the white/blue wire is plugged into the fuse box. My last VR had the same prob and I sorted it by plugging it back into the back of the fuse box ;)

If the new control module doesn't work, check that the white/blue wire is plugged into the fuse box. My last VR had the same prob and I sorted it by plugging it back into the back of the fuse box ;)

ok will keep that in mind, nice one :salute: