Skills

Satin Silver VR6 - Now lower

Just ordered my kw v1's and having them fitted on Thursday! Can't wait to finally having a sensible ride height and not the off road look you get from the factory!

smart wheels . you are definately suffering the same problem as me with the scary high suspension height. Should look sweet when its a few MM toward the ground!

Any thoughts on the height, I'm thinking of raising it a little. Gonna leave it for a while to see if I can get used to it first. Am I right in thinking that if I mess around with the height I'll need to get the four wheel allignment re-done?

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

to be honest standard width wheels need spacing out a bit if its going to be that low or they look like they're too far into the arches. i also think that if the circumference of the wheel doesnt follow the arches (ie. part of the wheel looks closer to the arch than other parts) then its too low, same as it was too high when you first put them on, but thats just my opinion :)

to be honest standard width wheels need spacing out a bit if its going to be that low or they look like they're too far into the arches. i also think that if the circumference of the wheel doesnt follow the arches (ie. part of the wheel looks closer to the arch than other parts) then its too low, same as it was too high when you first put them on, but thats just my opinion :)

.....and mine, totally agree with that John.

x3

Ah - here we go.. BBS Brands Hatch.. here they are on another Corrado :)

Indeed they are Brands Hatch and are polished from the factory, the brochure for the model year 95 actually has a picture of the VR6 with them on.

Philuk, Winter wheels :shock: i'll swap you for some speedlines :wave:

haha kip i kno tell me about it! thats why im on the lookout for some speedlines! dont think i could sell the brands hatch tho, altho i could maybe be tempted :p lol

Both vw badge and the corrado badge are now black. Think de-wipering the rear is the next job, although it seems a silly time of year to do it! :)

Also got myself a new camera to have a play with!

PA070062.jpg

PA070096.jpg

PA070094.jpg

PA070086.jpg

PA070065.jpg

Liking the pics in the car park 8) The wheels are unusual & really suit the corrado as well. I see you are taking good care of your rubber window surrounds :) Lighter colours really show off the lines of a Corrado but you can also notice all the panel joints in lighter colours as well. Its a pity we couldn't buy something that could soften the look of those panel joints

Looks great dude, lower and spacers ftw IMO.

Need to meet up sometime... Still got those lights? Pm me if you do, I'll have em...

'd say the ride height was perfect really. This is what i'll be aiming for i reckon. good mix of looking good, yet still driveable.

Looking good.

I'm really happy with the ride height at the moment, any lower and I'd probably start to have problems. Agree about the spacers though but there seems to be quite a spread in prices for them. Surely there can't be that much difference in quality can there, after all they're just a block of metal right?

Agree about the spacers though but there seems to be quite a spread in prices for them. Surely there can't be that much difference in quality can there, after all they're just a block of metal right?

Yeah, there all made from aluminium although I see some of them say that theirs are made from aerospace grade :shrug: The only other differences is some are hubcentric meaning that there is a lip on the spacer the same as the hub eg. 57.1mm diameter

Looked good today mate, thanks for dropping off the lights...

Oh and it didn't sound half bad either... Let me know if u want to get your exhaust done in the future, i know a good place!

Cheers Abdul, hope you get the issue with yours sorted soon.

Thought I'd put a couple of interior shots up as there aren't any so far.

Alpine ida-x300 which matches the green lighting pretty well for that OEM look.

PA140105.jpg

This was in here when I took ownership but looks pretty OEM and it's always good to have a cup holder for long journeys.

PA140102.jpg

PA140101.jpg

PA140099.jpg

there was one of those cup holders on ebay on the weekend, they wanted like £70 odd for it. its cool though