Sign in to follow this  
Dave.Warlord

How Many G60 Corrado's produced

Anyone got any idea? I know there was about 97500 total Corrado's but I believe they only made the G60 from April 91 to September 92 apart from the special order left hookers

IIRC they outsold the 1.8 valver.

That's got more to do with the fact that they only sold the 1.8 valver in the UK and Italy. It was illegal from an emissions perspective everywhere else.

As for numbers, no-one knows, the DVLA have been asked about numbers but refuse to do anything.

I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was zero.

Everyone knows the only real Corrado ever produced was the VR :tongue:

:lol:

(I don't think that will cause any arguments :grin:)

Here is the insert from the GB Corrado club history page which is what perked my interest.

The Car was launched to the world in 1988 although the first cars did not appear on UK garage forecourts until late 1989 in the form of the 1.8-16 valve. It was however the European and Canadian markets who were the first to be supplied with the new VW, the US didn't get their opportunity until the following year. A new model was introduced in 1991, the G60 , with a supercharged 1.8ltr 8 valve engine and the availability of a 4 speed automatic gearbox.

In 1992 a number of transformations took place, early in the year the seven slat grill was replaced with a four slat version and the 1.8-16v was replaced by the 2.0-16v. The front wings were widened slightly, the bonnet grew a "bulge" in the middle & the bumper design was altered.

In October 1992 the VR6 arrived with a 2.9ltr V6 engine which VW claimed could reach 0-60 in 6.4 seconds. This model was brought in as a replacement to the G60 which was gradually phased out during the year.

This just said to me they didn't produce them for that long

Here is the insert from the GB Corrado club history page which is what perked my interest.

The Car was launched to the world in 1988 although the first cars did not appear on UK garage forecourts until late 1989 in the form of the 1.8-16 valve. It was however the European and Canadian markets who were the first to be supplied with the new VW, the US didn't get their opportunity until the following year. A new model was introduced in 1991, the G60 , with a supercharged 1.8ltr 8 valve engine and the availability of a 4 speed automatic gearbox.

In 1992 a number of transformations took place, early in the year the seven slat grill was replaced with a four slat version and the 1.8-16v was replaced by the 2.0-16v. The front wings were widened slightly, the bonnet grew a "bulge" in the middle & the bumper design was altered.

In October 1992 the VR6 arrived with a 2.9ltr V6 engine which VW claimed could reach 0-60 in 6.4 seconds. This model was brought in as a replacement to the G60 which was gradually phased out during the year.

I think that article was talking about the American or Canadian market or that fact it was an Automatic. I can't quiet tell it's a little ambiguous. In RHD 89 "G Plate" models are rare I think, H and J are more common and then K get rare again. I've never seen another G60 on the road only 16v and VR's so I'd say they are the rarest Corrados in England, or the NorthWest anyway. Oh yes almost forgot, apart from the 2.0 8v, which is stretching the description of "Sports Coupe".

On Autotrader currently there are 3 RHD G60, 1 LHD, 5 1.816V, 4 2.016v, 3 2.08v and 15 VR6's excluding TCS ads! So that's a good gauge unless VR6 owners don't like there cars much! :D

The LHD one is nice looks like US spec!! £3k 60,000 miles.

Nice to see that G60 prices on Autotrader are actually going up, whereas some VR6 prices are now actually lower than the G60.

Tempest

Nice to see that G60 prices on Autotrader are actually going up, whereas some VR6 prices are now actually lower than the G60.

Tempest

Juctice. 8)

Tempest

If you really fancy a laugh have a look on Piston Heads for 'Corrado Storm' :lol: they will be giving them away soon.

I think that article was talking about the American or Canadian market or that fact it was an Automatic. I can't quiet tell it's a little ambiguous. In RHD 89 "G Plate" models are rare I think, H and J are more common and then K get rare again. I've never seen another G60 on the road only 16v and VR's so I'd say they are the rarest Corrados in England, or the NorthWest anyway. Oh yes almost forgot, apart from the 2.0 8v, which is stretching the description of "Sports Coupe".

On Autotrader currently there are 3 RHD G60, 1 LHD, 5 1.816V, 4 2.016v, 3 2.08v and 15 VR6's excluding TCS ads! So that's a good gauge unless VR6 owners don't like there cars much! :D

The LHD one is nice looks like US spec!! £3k 60,000 miles.

The G60 was the launch car for the Corrado in LHD form in 1988, the first UK RHD Corrados were available in late 1989 in 1.8 16v form only, you could get a LHD G60 imported into the UK from the VW dealer but not many were sold. The first 'proper' year of RHD G60s was 1990 and they were produced until the VR arrived in 1993.