Sign in to follow this  
SteveRobb

G60 VAG COM???

I have a 93 G60. Does it have a VAG COM diagnostic port and if so where will I find it????

Are any of the ebay VAG COM leads/Software worth buying?

Thanks

Steve

Were any G60's actually made in 1993? Presumably it was just registered in 2003? Still, don't see too many G60's from that year, unless I just don't take any notice, which is very plausible!

Were any G60's actually made in 1993? Presumably it was just registered in 2003? Still, don't see too many G60's from that year, unless I just don't take any notice, which is very plausible!

honestly Tom stop being so pedantic :nono: :nuts: :lol:

it'll be 93 reg'd and more than likely a 92 build date

As dirtytorque already mentioned, G60 error codes are for the ABS controller only. These can be read out through a normal light bulb or LED hooked up, as the flash rate (data rate) is very low, another reason why VAGCOM or other diagnostic devices for that matter would struggle reading the codes (according to the Bentley).

Although there are in the meantime circuit diagrammes floating about the Net showing you how to connect the 2 connectors under the gearstick gaitor to the ECU, the error codes thus read are pretty much meaningless.

I seem to remember having read somewhere, that Bosch deliberately crippled the error code reading facility on the G60 ecus at VW´s request.

Tempest

I have said it before and I will say it again, registration dates are about as much use as breasts on a marine lifeform when it comes to working out what your car should have.

Lets clear a few things up, G60s were produced with full interogation and fault recording facilities using VAG-COM but at the same time if your car has a distributor then you don't have one that does.

From a build date of 08.1992 onwards (that's a P chassis code onwards) some G60 cars were equipped with coilpacks, throttle position sensors and full VAG-COM fault logging and access. I have yet to find one and Daz at G-werks has never seen one either.

Doing some furthur digging the only G60 that was produced after August 1992 was a model with the gearbox code CGP, this gearbox was only used in Japanese markets so you will not find a UK spec G60 with fault code reading capabilities in the UK.

Would be good to retrofit all that kit though... :D

50=Corrado(Model of car)

N= 1992 (the year car was built)

K= Osnabruck, Germany (The plant where it was built)

The next lot of numbers are the sequential production number of your car

50=Corrado(Model of car)

N= 1992 (the year car was built)

K= Osnabruck, Germany (The plant where it was built)

The next lot of numbers are the sequential production number of your car

fULL CHASSIS NUMBER

WVWZZZ50ZNK012332

As its a 'N' chassis year it wont have diagnostics.

It was built around mid April 1992 according to the chassis number, so like I said before the registration date is not a lot of use as its 4 months later.