Sign in to follow this  
yeti

In a grumpy mood ignor me! lol

:shock: Mate you will have bad days and good days, try not to dwell on the bad ones.

Remember you have took on a mammoth task, best advice is to do one job at a time, don't set yourself any date targets as that can really get you down. Just aim to get it done.

I understand exactly what your saying regarding the opportunity cost of your R32 Corrado versus more modern cars. Just remember once it's done you will be driving something very special.

Whats wrong with a nice normal NA 12V :lol:

Keep it standard and buy something else stupid thats what I say :wink:

Duly ignored.... Now get on with the build, we all wanna see the results... :clap:

He's somewhere on the M6 with 4x4 bits... apparently!

I think the best bet for people wanting to do a conversion is to buy everything before they start the conversion and just blitz the full thing in one week.

And big massive Yep on that

I really have to agree with that too. I ended up losing the whole car because I started something before having at least 95% of all the parts I'd need.

To be fair, you just need to knuckle down to it. Any project will get you down at some point. I've got a mate who has been trying to get his 16vT built and running with MS for over a year now. He's got the patience of a saint, but it's really trying that saintly patience at the mo. Stick with it, and don't give up, as you'll only regret it (and that applies to my mate too! ;) )

I think the best bet for people wanting to do a conversion is to buy everything before they start the conversion and just blitz the full thing in one week.

And big massive Yep on that

I really have to agree with that too. I ended up losing the whole car because I started something before having at least 95% of all the parts I'd need.

To be fair, you just need to knuckle down to it. Any project will get you down at some point. I've got a mate who has been trying to get his 16vT built and running with MS for over a year now. He's got the patience of a saint, but it's really trying that saintly patience at the mo. Stick with it, and don't give up, as you'll only regret it (and that applies to my mate too! ;) )

and u.

:lol:

To be fair, you just need to knuckle down to it. Any project will get you down at some point.

Absolutely! Mine's been on axle stands since February and it's really bugging me now the sun's out and I can't drive it :mad2: But I have been knuckling down and enjoying it :)

What's held me up is the fact I can't weld and finding the parts needed for custom installs is ny on impossible in this country. The trouble is, you don't know what parts you need until you need them, so you end up wandering around B&Q looking for bits that might do the job!

I've given up on this country for custom parts. I've had to bite the bullet and import stuff from the US with the current crap exchange rate :(

It just bugs me that in America you can go into a Walmart and come out with a turbo conversion in the trolley next to your eggs and beans. In this country, all you seem to get is "uh?", "what's that?" "4 week lead time sir" etc etc.

Anyway, a project should be just that, a hobby and something to enjoy doing. Despite the setbacks, huge cash injections (much to my missus's annoyance) and increased grey hair count, I wouldn't chop the Corrado in for anything else.

Yep, been here too, done possibly 1500 miles (500 miles of that was driving it back from Northhampton) in my blue G60 since I bought it 3.5 years ago. I have spent shedloads getting it to where it is and still have a fair bit more to spend. She will be getting transported down south in summer to have rest of work finally completed but just can't be bothered with it at the moment. Have been doing little bits and pieces here and there to try and keep the enthusiam up, and then things happen like sunroof, central-locking and spoiler stops working......

And the draw of a newer e46 BMW is drawing me in.........

i think i can step in here with some advice. I dare say i have the longest running project on this forum - the car came off the road back in 2004, and is now about a month away from completion, and through that time i have practically given up on numerous occasions.

So with that in mind I reckon we should invent some guidelines for successful modding, the main one being small chunks. dont take on anything thats too big to get done in a matter of weeks, that way you get to drive the car and appreciate it for what it is. I took on way too much with my project and i have suffered for it. And I know its not over yet, cos i am kidding myself if i think this car is just going to rolll onto the road and not have any niggles after all i have done to it.

so - one step at a time, keep the mods bitesize, remember to not lose the focus of corrado ownership by getting lost in a world of parts bins, scrap yards and oil, and stay happy you miserable bastards lol

;)

i'd also loose the time frame tbh.

It will be finished when it is finished.

If it is finished next week,great more prower to you.HoweverI wouldn't let the timeframe control your thinking.

Things will come up that you didn't plan for.

Sounds like you have enough cars to get you from A to B without the raddo anyway.

8)