V-Dubstar

V-Dubstar's VR - New Motor Bought - TVR

I'm alright thanks mate- just busy, busy, busy! Aren't we all? Has he actually replied to you though?

Alright Andy! Been a while mate, how u been? Thanks just awaiting another decent set of adapters now, unbelievable indeed!! Funny thing is it took him less than an hr to respond when I was obtaining his banks details, now it takes him over 2days to reply!!

Sorry Andy didn't notice u'd asked a question! Got a response from him saying "I can't understand this" and gave me his email addy as I requested, I sent him a load of pix to the email addy plus a msg via eBay in German and English trying to explain again what the problem was (as if it isn't obvious enough!!)

That was about a week ago now and no response, so I opened a case with eBay yday and got a msg from him today saying he'll refund me €50. I'm not massively happy with that considering I paid €63 per each set plus postage on top, I don't see why I should lose out on roughly £20 because he's sent me dangerous parts!! I've replied back saying €60 is more fair and we'll see what he says - If I'm completely honest I'm glad he's said he'll refund at least the 50 because I paid through bank transfer (no option for Paypal) so it's not really covered...

Hey bud hope the adaptor has been replaced. I'm planning on getting coilovers how do you get on with the kw v1's on wiltshire roads?

Funnily enough a set of 4 mint 20mm ones arrived from Germany yesterday, so will be putting them on over the wknd!! Still not heard back from the knob, escalating the case on eBay tonight....

Ummmm, I wouldn't say I find it too bad to be honest, there's a few potholes around but I'm always watching the road for any likely suspension knackering candidates!! I'd go for it mate.

On a separate note, had a stag do down Torquay on the wknd, literally 2mins from leaving the house we rented on my way back Sunday and some idiot slammed his brakes on 'coz the traffic lights started turning amber, even though he was pretty much passed the line (his car was actually all the way past the line when he did come to a stop) so had to slam mine on. I could have got through the lights, as could the driver behind me. Anyways my motor comes to a stop but as it's doing so the brake pedal lifted right up into the foot well. Brilliant. Drove round the roundabout and onto the dual carriageway where there was a parking area and investigated, pumped the pedal seemed to get better then suddenly the pedal went even looser than it was before. Fluid level below min, limped to a garage and topped up in the hope it would help but went straight back down below min again.

Managed to get home but obviously slowly and not taking it past 60 on the M5 and using the gears and handbrake when needed for junctions etc, the brakes were working but only minimally. Anyways jacked it up earlier and found that one of the front to rear pipes must have fractured where it's clipped on halfway down!! At least it's just a pipe and they needed doing anyways so will be doing the rear 4 as the fronts were done with the 288mm upgrade, sweet.

That time of year again, Huw passed his MOT test with just 1 advisory, being a PAS pipe slightly corroded - not bad!!

Had all the remaining hard brake lines replaced t'other week following the above incident, took us a while!!

eBay ruled in favour of the seller regarding my adapters, due to not being able to do anything as they weren't purchased through PayPal, cheers then!! :( That's 70euros I'm never seeing again then - could have put that towards the exhaust!!

Good news (about the mot that is)

Ebay really sucks tbh, they have no sense of customer service at all. Suppose they can get away with it as they have no competitors :(

It is with deep sadness and definitely most likely regret, that I have come to a decision to sell my Corrado next year.

I have been ummming and arrring about this decision for a good while now, but have always decided to go with keeping him :) I absolutely love this car, but have reason for making this decision. I have within the last week accepted a new job that starts early Jan, that means sacrificing my Summer - which means I won't get much nice dry roads to enjoy with him. I don't get to drive it as much as I'd like as it is, and will be even less so when this new job starts. I have always tried not to drive in wet conditions, especially within the last 2.5yrs when I've been using a company van all the time, so to potentially only have that option when I come back from working in the Summer seems to massively depress me!!

Anyways, it's not 'for sale' right now but this is just a description of the car and what is included for any potential buyers there may be lurking around, who knows right? (I assume and hope this is ok, mods?)

So, it's a late '94 L reg VR6 in Dragon Green Pearl.

I am the 4th owner, although the 1st and 2nd are the same person (car was originally the 1st owners company car, and then he bought it off the company), and the 3rd owner had it less than a year

Both keys present

Mileage is 75,500 (but will change as it will be driven in the meantime, but am on 3,000 mile policy and certainly won't be too much higher)

Black leather Recaro's, fully working heated and movement.

KW V1's

288mm brake upgrade from a late mk3 VR6

Mk4 rear calipers

One of the few DG headlight looms that were made

K&N air filter but original air box comes with it (see parts list below)

DDI clocks, with blue lights and inverted red LCD screens (modern VW/Audi feel, best mod I ever did!!)

Interior switches changed to red LED's

Hard brake lines have all been replaced recently

New drop links, wishbones/R32 bushes, ball joints, handbrake cables in 2010

Smoked/Red rear clusters from ARZ tuning - in my opinion the best looking aftermarket rear clusters, I know Andy (CazzaVR) enjoys them too ;) (originals included)

Smoked side repeaters

Front fogs/indicators have been lamin-x'd in dark smoke

Debadged grill (original included)

Momo Jet 320mm steering wheel

Foxguard alarm (very old, was installed recently after original purchase)

Heko wind deflectors

Currently on RH Cups, VERY recently re-furbed by Lepsons in Swindon to a bright dark chrome

Set of Speedlines in gold which have probably only seen 2000 miles if that since re-furb, perfect coniditon again with pretty much brand new tyres

Service history is pretty much all there up until I owned the car (will have to double check), and since the 1st service under my ownership at G-Werks, and a 2nd at DG early 2010, I have carried them out myself (mainly oil change/filter/plugs)

All the electrics are working as they should, bar the heaters. I recently had the directional control go, have fiddled with the cables so it's directed onto the windscreen but this is something I intend to sort out before any sale, they work on numbers 1-4 fine though.

The Corrado will be MOT'd sometime in April which is probably when I will be looking to sell, so will come with a fresh 11-12month MOT

No doubt there is probably a lot I have missed out, including parts to go with the ol' boy. As said, this isn't a sale advert but a description of what to expect/what is included when I do come to sell. By all means if you are interested feel free to contact me with any questions!!

Absolutely love this 'rado without a doubt, but I feel it needs to be enjoyed more than it currently does. And unless I put it into storage for sometime (which I can't afford) I can't justify keeping it :(

Sad times indeed.

Edited by V-Dubstar

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I've always liked this one.

They may take our Corrado's but they will never take our freeeeeedom! /braveheart

NooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo indeed!! :(

To be fair there is always a chance I'll change my mind, it has been known!! :lol:

Even if you do sell you'll still be part of a very select club; those that have at one time owned and run a Corrado.

Sad times indeed Chris, but like I said on fb its for a good reason. Im sure you'll be back at some point

Yeh most likely - hopefully I will be in a more financially stable position when that time comes!!

Plan to have a project though as well as a newer motor, most likely a mk1/caddy/mk2 or something of the V8 flavour...

Good news on the job, Chris 8)

At least you have a little time to make the decision. Think very carefully about it! You will be hard pushed to find another Rado with the low miles/interior etc. It's a beaut! Personally, I think you'd be crackers to go from a Rado to a MK1/2. V8 on the other hand sounds very interesting...

Thanks, Andy :)

Yeh I know, I absolutely adore this motor. As u say, I have a bit of time so will reflect upon this decision every day - trust me!! Yeh, always wanted a mk1 and mk2 though, what got me interested in VW's...but as I say this would be a project motor so could be a very cheap buy with a long-term goal of getting it built. In the meantime, considering a newer motor to not have to worry about so much when I'm away/driving in wet etc etc

As for the V8, well after having driven a couple I think I'm addicted to the feel and the sound....bloody lovely!! Something RWD would do nicely :)

i have a RWD V8 that is now for sale if you're interested?!?...

(i'd check to see if you can insure it first though!)

sorry to see you're moving on chap - best of luck

:-)

Well, he's definitely for sale now :(

Have absolutely loved this motor and will always cherish my memories in it, what awesome cars Corrado's are! Such a joy I've had, I don't think there's ever been a time I've walked past from it and not looked back. Several times. I've already made a change and bought an S3 for the time being as a work horse. I've had too much taste of V8 RWD so the mid/long term plan is to save enough cash up for something, most likely a Chimaera.

And what an absolute beaut of a forum, you guys are all good mannered enthusiasts that are happy to help others in need. Countless hours I've spent here reading up, thanks everyone for that!

Should have some goodies to sell when I've got through all my storage

Link to the sale ad http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=85312

Peas and love x

Beautiful car. Worth every penny. Good luck with the sale and sorry to see you sell up. Like you said, it's the forum and community that really adds to Corrado ownership.

I hope this doesn't embarrass but, there appears to be a rather large typo in your ad. Towards the bottom it appears to say, price £3500 when obviously it should read £4500. £75k and Recaros; get your price up my friend! You have a moral duty to raise the potential value of all our cars with this little beauty, lol!

In all seriousness, I do realise it will take longer to sell at a higher price but it's only if owners stick to their guns that values rise. Have you seen the price of certain generation 911's these days?!

Mark

77k miles plus leather recaro's etc £3.5k too cheap and i'm the same as Mark if i could I would without a doubt is a lovely original Corrado VGLWS

Well, it's still in my possession and it flew through it's MOT again this week. Having driven it a bit more in this lovely sunshine we've had, the second thoughts of selling up are more prominent than ever!

Had a fairly large amount of interest but no-one committing to come and view. All the while it just means I get to enjoy having a blast down the road :)

I can still hear the sound of a V8 calling out to me though...

Edited by V-Dubstar