V-Dubstar

V-Dubstar's VR - New Motor Bought - TVR

Right, I dunno what it is with me atm, but I'm loving gold rims!! :shrug:

I've got a spare set of Speedies in average condition from when I had my originals powdercoated...and I'm thinking of getting them re-furbed, in gold!! Any thoughts? Am I just being really weird and it'll look sh1te?! Much to my GF's annoyance, she hates gold!! The weird thing is, so do I?!

I made a quick mock up of what they might look like, any feedback welcome :D (Not on my paint shop skillz, I know they're bad already! :lol: )

Dsc00133dasdad.jpg[/attachment:2vtuhldq]

yeh worth a go :) maybe more of a darker rather than a blingy gold tho.

Sorted guys, as u were replying to this I was locating the worse conditioned Speedie in the shed and have put it in the works van to take here tomorrow in Swindon! Anyone had any dealings with these guys?

Will see what he says as this speedie has had a bit of weld on it by my mate (who didn't do that bad a job with it actually) on the surface of one of the spokes. Looking forward to this now! :D

Will probably go ahead and get that one painted then put it on the car to see what the colours like :)

EDIT: Jake, u cheeky git :lol:

I'm not a fan of gold... but on green cars it can, and does, work. But I'm not convinced by gold speedlines. I think for it to work there needs to be less surface area, or to go for a much darker bronze colour.

But what the hell... go for it. I'm probably wrong and it might look fantastic!

Thanks for the comment!

I actually took the worst conditioned one into the place yday (the surface had been welded in a few places by a mate and fettled down - not that bad a job but id rather the experts have a go at it as well :lol: ), they only had choice of 2 golds, one was named Subaru gold (which is what I asked for, the gold that comes on the Subaru Speedlines :lol: ), and another one which I can't remember right now. They only had the 2nd one on an example alloy so I had to compare it with a tin of Subaru paint. The colour of the example on the alloy was quite dark, as u say Portent almost bronze! I decided to go with that anyways, will probably pick it up Weds!

Picked up my wheel today, and am really pleased with the result!! U can't tell it has been welded before, it's perfect! Love the colour as well, will put it on the car over the wknd to see what it looks like. In the meantime gonna try and find someone to photoshop the colour onto a pic of mine!

What d'ya think?

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00226.JPG[/attachment:1jhztfs2]

DSC00229.JPG[/attachment:1jhztfs2]

Yummy, looking forward to seeing these! I know they are going to look awesome on your car, I wonder how they would look on other coloured cars?

Yummy, looking forward to seeing these! I know they are going to look awesome on your car, I wonder how they would look on other coloured cars?

Thanks dude! I reckon pretty sweet on dark blue and white! And black! Here's what a mate's just done for me:

Rim Job.jpg[/attachment:ohaawhi1]

Reading down your thread, I was going to suggest subaru gold - the bronzey'er the better. I think it will look good with your shade if green.

As for Lepsons, how did you find them - my wheels are going there in january for some OEM silver action. Pricier than some, but supposed to be really decent quality - I got quoted £240 or so for 4 wheels IIRC.

Dave

That looks really good, gold is definitely a good choice, I look forward to seeing them all done. I'm currently going through a stage where I look at my car and wonder if other people would think it looks chav, and as a result I'm In limbo about a few bits, namely the debadged grille and the black wheels. I'm thinking I might put a standard grille back on the front but then I cant decide if it should have a silver or black badge lol. I'm also thinking about trying to get hold of some solitudes, for some reason I really like them at the moment...it's C5OEMs fault, his Corrado looks sick. Whoops, went off on one a bit there, sorry lol!

Edit - just sent you a friend request on xbox live :D

As for Lepsons, how did you find them - my wheels are going there in january for some OEM silver action. Pricier than some, but supposed to be really decent quality - I got quoted £240 or so for 4 wheels IIRC.

Dave

Lepsons are suppose to be the best in the business..

And the gold wheels will look much better than the photoshop pic bud, look forward to seeing the real thing

Haha yes I've put off trying the new rim on the car due to not having my jack at the house/snow/getting p1ssed etc etc, but made a decision yesterday to finally get it on over this wknd and take some pix - coz I've got brand new rubber just sitting around waiting to either go on the new gold ones or the blacks!! :lol:

Conker, sorry mate have only just read ur post! Lepson's did a wicked job mate, I really should've taken before and after photo's of the worst rim! I will remember to take some if the others go in for re-furb! The price on a standard paint colour is 47+VAT per corner, and 53+VAT per corner if they're stripping old tyres or putting new ones on!

£4 a tyre, b4st4rds.

Should look nice, stick um up when youve got them on...

Holiday is over now so id imagine there will be less of the getting pissed...

Instead, fiing cars in dodgey weather.

Gotta love it.

Do what ive done and do half gold and half black, ive got one side black and one polished.

Gives a bit of difference...

I think your VR is the only green car i've ever taken a liking too. Normaly green is :pukeright: to me. :lol:

What happened to the gold centred mesh wheels from P13? They were looking nice!

I think your VR is the only green car i've ever taken a liking too. Normaly green is :pukeright: to me. :lol:

What happened to the gold centred mesh wheels from P13? They were looking nice!

Thanks dude! :salute:

I've still got 'em, not sure what to do with 'em tbh. I had to space the fronts out by 13mm due to the 288mm calipers, but didn't have enough clearance to space the rears out the same distance at the ride height so it looked a little odd. Had em on for a couple of months and really like them, just not sure I wanna raise the car up and space them out properly :shrug:

Haha yes I've put off trying the new rim on the car due to not having my jack at the house/snow/getting p1ssed etc etc, but made a decision yesterday to finally get it on over this wknd and take some pix - coz I've got brand new rubber just sitting around waiting to either go on the new gold ones or the blacks!! :lol:

Conker, sorry mate have only just read ur post! Lepson's did a wicked job mate, I really should've taken before and after photo's of the worst rim! I will remember to take some if the others go in for re-furb! The price on a standard paint colour is 47+VAT per corner, and 53+VAT per corner if they're stripping old tyres or putting new ones on!

Cheers dude, defo going to take them to Lepsons later in the year.

Ok took a couple of pix earlier today but the sun was quite bright so I don't think these photo's do the wheel and car colour justice!! (plus the 'rado is filthy which probably doesn't help!! :lol: )

Here's the best ones...

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00242.JPG[/attachment:r5xs0rxv]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00244.JPG[/attachment:r5xs0rxv]

DSC00245.JPG[/attachment:r5xs0rxv]

Thoughts?