Sign in to follow this  
Rory5G

Got a VR6? Want to see it on telly?

I work for Fifth Gear on Channel Five and we are currently filming the new series. We have a new feature where we will be looking at excellent affordable cars so obviously we want to show a Corrado VR6! The car we were going to film has fallen through at the last minute so we need a replacement. That's where you come in!

If you have a VR6 that is in decent nick (we will be showing affordable cars for a few grand so we're not really looking for a mint example), and can bring it along to filming in Manchester this Monday 11th I'd love to hear from you. We are only filming statics or 'pretties' inside a studio, we won't give it to our un-tamed racing drivers, nor will we jet wash it 100 times in the name of science.

If you would like to take part please drop me an e-mail with you name, mobile number, location and a brief run down of your car. My address is: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thread approved - keep away this time Walesy!! :lol:

As I said earlier, welcome to the forum and I'm sure you'll get quite a few willing volunteers for this!

Of course they were going to have a g60 on there but as this segment is about value for money they thought it better to use the cheaper one. :grin:

Of course they were going to have a g60 on there but as this segment is about value for money they thought it better to use the cheaper one. :grin:

Orrrrr ..... they didn't think a G60 would actually make it through the whole show!! :tongue:

Orrrrr ..... they didn't think a G60 would actually make it through the whole show!! :tongue:

:lol:

Surely someone in the area has to be able to be able to make this! I already can't wait to see this feature on 5th Gear!

:lol: Blowing up every five minutes adds character. Anyway, it's not like the vr isn't without its "issues"....

i have sent an email as im doing nothing monday and its giving dry weather

plus would be a good day out :)

just hope the weather stays dry :)

shame its a week before i get my new wheels oh well :)

Come on mate, it must be worth braving the rain to get your car on TV! :D

lol yes it is but after you have spent a whole day cleaning greasing and claying the last thing you want is rain

lol yes it is but after you have spent a whole day cleaning greasing and claying the last thing you want is rain

I know the feeling. The last thing I want at any time is rain because it does funny things to my bonnet. Damn 18 year old Tornado pink/peach/orangey red. :(

Clean, grease, clay ..... that's not a cleaning process I'm familiar with :scratch:

Clean, grease, clay ..... that's not a cleaning process I'm familiar with :scratch:

Does sound an unusual one.... Maybe there is some hitherto unheard of technique to give the perfect finish?

yeah not quite in that order .Greased all the mechanicals suspension bushes springs etc etc even baby oiled plastics doh!!

washed and clayed the car too .

But you get the idea.Im sure the car will look ok :)

Ah ha, that explains it!

Just had a quick gander at your motor. I know you've mentioned changing the rear lights but PLEASE, if you haven't already done so, get a different set on before the 'shoot. Not sure I could bear to watch if it still had those on. Other than that, it looks absolutely superb!! Would be proud to see it on telly :notworthy:

doh!! i am a week a way from getting a mint set of kerscher rs split rims from vr6 south :notworthy: :notworthy:

100_1347.jpg

got the rear badge sorted :)

but unfortunatly havnt got the original rear lights still need to get them.So will be on set with the same rears doh!!!!! :censored:

There must be someone reasonably close that could even just lend you a set of standard rears. Sure if you put up a request, someone will be able to help out.