Sign in to follow this  
dirtytorque

Dirtytorque's FREE Money pit G60

Nice to hear it's running. I was gutted I just missed out on this and was annoyed for a few days but I managed to score a MKII GTI track Car for £500 last week so actually glad I didn't get this now.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

nick

It was nice that you were so gracious about it.Glad it worked out for you. :thumbleft:

I reckon it's possessed like the car from Steven Kings - Christine. Your 4cked mate! :lol:

No probs,that's what holy water is for. :)

Nice to hear it's running. I was gutted I just missed out on this and was annoyed for a few days but I managed to score a MKII GTI track Car for £500 last week so actually glad I didn't get this now.

nick

It was nice that you were so gracious about it.Glad it worked out for you. :thumbleft:

Cheers :-) I'll keep my eyes peeled round reading for it (and you) as I work in this lovely town and live in Basingstoke.

Nick

nick

Cheers :-) I'll keep my eyes peeled round reading for it (and you) as I work in this lovely town and live in Basingstoke.

Nick

Cool will keep my eyes peeled..

although i'm rarely around Reading in the day.What part of Reading do you work in then?

Drove free willie to the MOT centre.

First time I have driven a corrado since November 2008.

Felt nippy,but I have been driving a 2.0 8v golf with bad clucth since then,so it would.

So awaiting the verdict.

Always fun. :|

Nice mate, just a question of which car to spend money on now :scratch:

Indeed.I do feel somewhat torn in that respect already.

Both cars need road tax and the MOT guy made a muttering about a wheel bearing.

And it begins...

Good news! I bet the bloody sunroof works aswell doesn't it? :nono:

went to pick up the car from work so i could take it to stonor.

Battery is flat. :(

The one thing the previous owner said to me when i picked it up was that he was having problems with the car going through batteries.

So when I started it i checked the output from the alternator which was fine..14 volts.

So Euston we have a problem.

Have a drain somewhere. :scratch:

went to pick up the car from work so i could take it to stonor.

Battery is flat. :(

The one thing the previous owner said to me when i picked it up was that he was having problems with the car going through batteries.

So when I started it i checked the output from the alternator which was fine..14 volts.

So Euston we have a problem.

Have a drain somewhere. :scratch:

Good! :grin:

Good! :grin:

My car is more inca blue than your car. :)

How do you know? Have you washed it yet?? :D

Well dne on the MOT!! :)

I had the same problem with the batteries, turned out to be my boot light was on all the time. I didn't know as I never lived in there when it was shut! Just an idea.

Well dne on the MOT!! :)

I had the same problem with the batteries, turned out to be my boot light was on all the time. I didn't know as I never lived in there when it was shut! Just an idea.

Thnks,didn't think of that i'll check. :)

I was also thinking maybe the glovebox light switch was on?!???

It had been fine being left for over a week,the only thing i di diferent after the MOT was lock it,so maybe the imobilizer/alarm system is faulty too??

Dunno.

In the garage for a new wheel bearing as I simply don't have the time and space to sort it out myself.

Bought a new battery becase the old one was caned.

So will have to keep an eye on the battery.Once i get it home tonight i'll have another look around to see if I can find any obvious reason as to why it is draining.

I think i'll wash it tonight too. :)

Good! I wanna see detailed pictures of all the scabs and scars!! You hear me! :bad-words:

Good! I wanna see detailed pictures of all the scabs and scars!! You hear me! :bad-words:

Well rear break calipers have seized due to the hand break being on for a couple of year..

Ahh this car looks like it is turning into a complete nightmare for you.....if you like, I could do you a favor and take it off your hands (for a [strike:3dsax699]small[/strike:3dsax699] hefty collection fee my way obviously) :tongue: