Sign in to follow this  
t.branford

STORM PRIVATE PLATE AND JETEX

Hi,

THESE PARTS ARE NOT FOR SALE YET I JUST WANT A VALUATION AT THIS TIME,

I am about to chop my corrado vr6 in under the car scappage scheem a sin I know but its got to be done. It currently has a private plate which reads E 57ORM , my son bought the plate when he owned the car. Can someone help and advise me in a reasonable valuation for the plate bearing in mind I will need to pay to place it on a retention certificate before I can place it in the for sale section.

Can someone also help out on a valuation of the Jetex stainless exhaust which was fitted a few months ago by the vw centre?

Trev

Everything in the classifieds has to have a price but we occasionally allow a 'what's it worth' thread if we think the seller genuinely has no idea about an item's value.

Personal points:

1) What did your son pay for the plate? Can't be worth a huge amount away from that

2) If the exhaust was fitted only a couple of months ago, why not take £50 or £100 from what you paid for it?

3) Is the car actually a Storm (basing it on the number plate)? Either way, it would be a crime to break (crush?) A VR for what, £2k?

The car in a bad way? You could sell the car for more than the 2k if its in good nick. I'd buy it for 2k.

My son paid £750 from the DVLA about 4 years ago,

Going on what you say about the Jetex I should be able to ask £150 and not offend anyone THANKS.

This is one of the big reasons the car scrappage scheme is a terrible idea! :cry:

Under the scheme, the car WILL be scrapped, its against the law for the dealer not to make sure its scrapped, rare example of a classic in the making or not! :cry:

Great. Another one off the road. You could get £2,000 for it easily in a private sale unless it's a total shed.

Please think about it - we see enough getting split / sold / trashed as it is :(

CF-owned Storm anyone? :grin:

Seriously, don't scrap it unless it's a sheddy old VR. Surely any Storm has to be worth preserving though. Even a bad VR is a good one! :)

I am about to chop my corrado vr6 in under the car scappage scheem

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Trev,

The above points are true... More so if it is a Storm

Now I'm guessing you're new to the world of Corrados? If you're not, then I'm Sorry if this is like teaching Granny to suck eggs...

Storms are the run-out model of the Corrado, there were 250 in green with Creme leather and 250 in Blue with black, both models should have Storm badging on the gearleaver console and rear panel under the Corrado script, both are quite sought after versions and command a premium.

If it is a Storm, even a "rough" one fetches over 2k, and even if it's a "Normal" VR with tax and ticket, then it's worth that on the open market.

Please if you are reading this, reconsider your decision and at least let an enthusiast have a chance at owning the finest coupe VW ever produced... rather than scrapping it, and by scrapping this means crushed, not broken for spares (which we all need!).

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

This stupid scrappage scheme. I've already got a Golf GTi coming in under it. Plus an immaculate Audi A6 with 30k on the clock that lots of people would give their right arm for.

This is the most wasteful stupid thing ever! :censored:

Why don't they just give people 2k if that's what they want to do? Why do they have to scrap perfectly good cars?

NOOOOOooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A VR Storm is worth far more than £2k either in one go as a as traight sale or for parts when being broken!

Great. Another one off the road. You could get £2,000 for it easily in a private sale unless it's a total shed.

Please think about it - we see enough getting split / sold / trashed as it is :(

but that makes the remaining ones even rarer :)

Got to agree with the above, I totally disagree with this scheme! Admittedly, some cars shouldn't be on the road, but to scrap a Storm would be criminal! Get some pics up, lets see her! If it's in halfway decent condition you can pick up the 2k easily, more if you leave the plate on... :?

1st dibs on an interior swap though if you do decide to scrap, can't let the leather go to waste too... :lol:

LOL, well done, when you actually read the original post there's no mention of the car being a storm! :lol:

If it's a 92 VR6, then I spose it's worth scrapping for £2k once you've removed a few choice bits! :lol:

LOL, well done, when you read the original post there's no mention of the car being a storm! :lol:

True, but people weren't clear on it so thought I'd just do a quick HPI. :D

My son paid £750 from the DVLA about 4 years ago

Sold April 2005 for £550+auction and transfer fees, I know because I was bidding, stopped at £500 :bad-words:

Sold April 2005 for £550+auction and transfer fees, I know because I was bidding, stopped at £500 :bad-words:

so close on £750 all inclusive give or take £10 or so

Ive noticed its up for sale on the cherished number plate sites

http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/sear ... esults.asp

for £1395 :cuckoo:

considering these days how cheap the actual cars are,paying 1/3rd or so of the purchase cost of the car on a plate is pretty well stupid

so close on £750 all inclusive give or take £10 or so

Ive noticed its up for sale on the cherished number plate sites

http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/sear ... esults.asp

for £1395 :cuckoo:

considering these days how cheap the actual cars are,paying 1/3rd or so of the purchase cost of the car on a plate is pretty well stupid

If that site actually have it for sale and aren't just taking a "Punt" with a desirable plate like so many of them do... big mark-up and once they have a fish on the hook call you and offer you slightly over the odd for plate... Mate had this with his call out the blue asking him to sell ... and lo and behold 4 sites were offering his plate for sale without his authorisation... in fact it wasn't for sale didn't matter!

I think when you get a valuation on line from these sites it automatically goes on there web site for sale.I have done it before and wanted just a valuation.Then a few hours later noticed it on there site for sale. :eek: