Sign in to follow this  
foster

Slammed on 17s?

Hi has anybody got any pictures of a really low rado on 17's. Even better if the wheels are 17x9?!

If anybodys done this what problems did you encounter?

I think you're going to have big issues with 9" wide 17's on a Corrado unless you flare the arches. You can slam a Corrado on something like 17x7.5 no problem but not with soft suspension. So expect a seriously uncompromising experience in terms of ride quality!

Prepared to do whatever it takes really! Is it just going to be the arches that cause me hassle?

Also not sure whether you'll have issues with the wide / larger wheels catching on the suspension. To be honest I'm no wheel expert (and there are plenty of guys on here who know better) - but it's definately going to involve arch work, possibly some spacing..

8 x 17. Not slammed but low enough to break 2 sumps. All 4 arches had to be rolled and flared to stop rubbing. Rear arches still catch over big bumps or with people in the back.Dscf5536.jpg[/attachment:2qyau835]

That looks sweet matey. You got any more pics?

Im not particualy interested in 17x9, more low offset pokey wheels, et15 and lower! Similar stance with 16x9 borbets but in 17?

8 x 17. Not slammed but low enough to break 2 sumps. All 4 arches had to be rolled and flared to stop rubbing. Rear arches still catch over big bumps or with people in the back.Dscf5536.jpg[/attachment:2dvymgqx]

superb rims, dub envy. Are these the mille miglia ones? one of only a handlful i would replace my tt comps with.

There was a guy on here a while back who I used to know called Bendy (Ben) and he had Steve Dentons old PVW corrado which was originally slammed on 17" BBS RS301's, then he put 9x16 Brocks on (my old wheels) but was too low (took out 7 sumps IIRC!) and then went for 9x17 Keskin KT4's. Now his car was slammed, it only had a 50mm splitter on and that used to scrape everything :shock: BUT his had all the arches pulled out as far as they could go!

We're getting there but all the wheels seem to be tucked under the arch.

Is anyone running some poke? :luvlove:

This is Low 8)

2853409791_719e1663b0_b.jpg[/attachment:3t63dvca]

nah, splitters way too big, he's got another 40mm to go there :D

Thats it! It looks sick!

Im going to have to go to some body shops to talk price on serious arch demolition!

Not sure on the width but theyre defo 17"s. Dont let anyone sit in the back of your car :lol: oh and speed bumps.... :bad-words:

i no you want 17 but as far as the width mine are 9 on the back and 8 on the front on 16s had the archers rolled and ride height is 110mm drop front and 100mm rear but im dropping the rear some more o and its nice and wide at that. i will try and get some pics up.

Hi dude, My car on 8.5 x 17" with 205/40/17 Falken tyres, not sure how much its dropped by, but around 80mm+

chopped-Copy.jpg

Arches have only been rolled. No rubbing issues carrying 2 passengers and luggage in the back.

HTH

Vick :)

those low cars that you liked all had air ride suspension so they can raise it up before they drive off....... if your thinking bout slamming it with out air ride then you prob wont make it 5 meters :)

You also need to bear in mind that whilst it might look cool stationary, it'll handle like a pig if you drop it so low the wishbones are below horizontal..........

I love the way it looks but think I was going through a bit of a faze. I'd hate to spend loads of cash on mental arch flaring and some wheels only to get p***ed off with the ride after a week. Im stupidly low on 15s at the moment but have 45 profile tyres softening the blow! If I get some new wheels think I'll be going for some 16x9s.