easypops

My VR6 and Storm

Cheers guys :)

I've currently got 6 mate, lol, it's a disease :lol:

4 Corrado VR6's,(2 of which are breakers owned jointly by myself and Goldie)

My daily is an Audi S4 avant with an LPG conversion

The MK2 Golf was a daft buy, always loved the colour and it popped up local and cheap due to being a non runner......no spark, so should have been easy enough to diagnose. Only thing is, the Storm popped up a few days later and now the Golf is sidelined.

I'm sure I'll work it out at some point :lol:

Really need to get rid of the worst breaker for room/peace from the missus :)

Really need to get rid of the worst breaker for room/peace from the missus :)

Atleast you have a nice garage to hide in... Respect to you for saving theses beauties.

Don't think you're going to fit a car through the second door way? Unless it s in bits but then you're not going to get it out again! Lol

Don't think you're going to fit a car through the second door way? Unless it s in bits but then you're not going to get it out again! Lol

:lol: that's my workshop in that side (picture framer)

IMG_0307.jpg

Scottish welders are the worst! I think your car is pants and you're a big baby! :p

Ha ha, I wondered when you might show up.....this is the halfwit who is fixing my car btw :lol:

Edited by easypops

When I got this car, there was the obvious rust but the rear quarter above the fuel cap had weird laquer peel/paint issues all the way up to the roof. I put it down to the whole side having been sitting somewhere for years getting stonechipped/weathered. But after Ally(welder and general car hero) found a small crack in the metal of the window frame, a little further investigation found a previous repair job, and not a very good one at that

Original picture

59E576B8-D1B6-4831-8C95-6A0727DD48B3.jpg

Today's find

72ADB32F-7E1C-4E15-B75C-7416EAA91209.jpg

05772DA8-E8F5-4515-800B-612ED0AA4EC5.jpg

More mixed news(well bad news, but no time for negativity :) )

A quick look at the scabby top of windscreen showed up to be a nice bit of rust and a hole, evidence of rust all the way round. So it's windscreen out next.....Ho hum.

D98837AA-8704-4232-A720-99B5EBCBCB6D.jpg

Also took the crusty drivers side wing off, no way is that the original wing as there was no sticky stuff on it. Surprising lack of rust under there, I've got to the point I've got to expect the worst :lol:

Ignore the brakes/suspension as that's all for the bin

3D1E9DB5-9CF7-4B17-A766-D6A1306D843E.jpg

The good news, I managed to get these for the Twilight VR, swapped my standard ones with Karmannski as he was too tall for these. Shipping both ways was a bit of a soap opera but happened eventually

608A1390-5535-4A13-B744-9F79887AB2CC.jpg

I knew you'd like them mate, knowing your a grey leather fan.

You are right , it won't put me off, I'm going to remove all the remaining interior trim tomorrow including the dashboard ..... So the windscreen can get popped out, I guess I should order a heater matrix while I'm at it :lol:

It'd be rude not to! So jealous of those seats. Best material and colour combo. Good to see you're making progress anyway. Keep at it.

Nice To see your cracking on Easypops . Yes if the dash is out , whip the matrix out , good planning . Hope all goes well .

Nice To see your cracking on Easypops . Yes if the dash is out , whip the matrix out , good planning . Hope all goes well .

Thanks mate, I'm sure I'll come across a few challenges yet but I did manage to get the 2 nightmare bulkhead bolts for the dash out :)

Getting them out ? Getting them in is the mare lol . I had to use a mirror , I put blue tack in the socket so the nut was stuck in , then I could offer it up to the bolt and hold the mirror to see what I was doing .its one of those jobs , you spend half an hour trying , then your mate turns up and does it first time ! . A bit like fitting the Bowden cables near the floor pan lol .

Edited by robrado974

I had the mirror and torch plus I was nearly standing on my hands trying to see :lol:

Ended up removing the wiper linkage to get the first one and the second one was touch only as its the same amount in from both sides.

The day it goes back in means it's painted and getting ready for driving so I'll worry about it then :)

Well, the windscreen is out, it's as bad as I feared, if not worse.....usual story, replaced at some point in the past by a total idiot. Both A pillar trims stuck to the bonding and the top trim broken in half, very stuck to the bonding.

Very rusty and a few holes, welder/body guy is fine about it though and he is currently removing the screen from the sacrificial car so he can cut bits out to weld in

BDAE3BB6-F8DA-4519-B00B-6FF67D8F6033.jpg

5A8A7C37-C9F4-4D76-9246-45905439985C.jpg

85505EE1-3494-42BB-83BF-4A1BD56B2D80.jpg

You're a brave man saving this, but eventually you will get to the tipping point where it is all downhill from now on and it will be great when it is finished.

Whats the deal with the seats having the tilt handle on the same side? Are they two drivers/passengers seats, or is that the way they are?

Dougie

Edited by corrado wannabe
downhill not uphill!!!!

Cheers guys, actually managed to get 2 windscreens out intact. Nothing much has happened this week, weather has been rotten.

These came back today from biggred :)

CDAC04E9-E781-4688-91DC-5E4F04719A4B.jpg