easypops

My VR6 and Storm

I don't know much about bodywork but he looks like he does some tidy work!

I don't have any idea either Jim, but yes, it does look like he is a tidy worker, I'm sure he could have rushed it back together but I'm quite happy he want to take his time and remove all the bad bits

Well done for saving this car. Judging by the pics it's days may very well have been numbered!

Cheers Mic, it's a Storm, and I've wanted one since I got my first Corrado, which must be over 10 years ago. Can't deny its a dog though but hopefully this is the worst it can get.

As usual I'm in no rush so I'll just keep plugging away.......also really need to get on with the other one that's hiding in the garage :lol:

The collection of removed bits :)

97CACEE9-0479-49AC-9CDF-119667A5FADD.jpg

Knowing how much of a womble you are i bet you keep the scrap...

Hats off mate, i think you are mad but admire your dedication..

:lol:

It's all in the bin mate :)

eBay the rust and old bits... Someone will buy it if you state it's from a storm.

I seem to prefer photos like this to complete cars :lol:

Some major work there, hats off to you, is also nice to see inside the arches/sills as been doing the rust on mine (not as major as yours).

Seems to me like the fuel tank area rusting a little can lead to all that arch rust as the water gets inside the two skins.

No progress to report as the welder hasn't been able to manage back, mostly due to the wet weather, yes, it's been raining up here quite a lot :lol:

I started stripping all the inards from the crusty drivers door, and found another nice bodge(I think) on the central locking part? A spring attached to the top part? Who knows what for, obviously didn't re use it :)

Also had trouble getting out the reverse threaded screw on the door handle......someone must've had a real hard time with that in the past :lol:

C571414D-25CB-442B-A44B-B76FD381B2F7.jpg

Tonight I cleaned and conditioned the rear seats, still got a few small marks on them but much cleaner and smellier :)

F4969A36-E321-4C66-903B-AFED2AE3FDC3.jpg

Look tidy... Is that the furniture clinic stuff ?

No mate, it's the Gliptone liquid leather stuff, seems to do a nice job, the real test will be the front seats as they are dirtier and drier. The photo does well to hide all the wee marks, so not quite as good as it looks

So, very little progress, welder a are officially the most unreliable of people :lol:

Got the 3rd guy doing the job now, he's been back 3 days in a row so he seems to be a decent and reliable type......at last :)

He wasn't happy with the previous guys work so set about breaker number 2

A7EA6740-3C9D-4A19-B500-E7711D0469CC.jpg

D3D3AC75-6E00-4A24-BF1F-15070631FC4D.jpg

Ok, good and bad news.

Good....the storm repair is coming along

245E47D7-BF48-4535-BAD7-24AB98BD05DC.jpg

Panel just placed in and not yet welded

C7B82C10-617D-42C6-9B33-03B7DC79CEEE.jpg

Bad news, while stripping out the other VR, I discovered some rust at the top of the rear turrets

The welder says these will be easy to fix compared to the storm......looks like the underseal has been compramised , both sides and likely a good while ago

Aaarrrgh, I hate bodywork. Good luck!

Thanks mate, good luck and deep pockets seem to be the answer :lol:

Anyway, with any luck this will be the last picture looking so rough :)

1F40D550-0F66-4DF0-9231-C5827B3183B8.jpg

I thought you were using the 'twilight' as the donor car?

No mate, the twilight will be surviving, it's getting obd2 plus teves 20 abs , Daves short shifter and any other mods I feel like but the Storm will be standard apart from the suspension and exhaust(eventually), the twilight already has a SS exhaust.

I have 2 other VR's (owned by myself and Goldie) that I can rob parts/panels off :)