easypops

My VR6 and Storm

I bought the top coat sealer that they sell . Years ago when I did my old seats , I used the furniture clinic products which came with a sealer . I just presumed that you had to seal the Gliptone stuff too ? . Perhaps things have changed , to me simply applying a water based product onto and object that will have wear n tear needs protection. But as said the products today may be a lot More hard wearing .

I'm really not sure mate, it does seem to dry very well but that's without any real testing, I'll probably just go with it and see how it goes, if it starts to wear off I'll redo my seat(the others will be mostly empty) then seal

I bought the top coat sealer that they sell . Years ago when I did my old seats , I used the furniture clinic products which came with a sealer . I just presumed that you had to seal the Gliptone stuff too ? . Perhaps things have changed , to me simply applying a water based product onto and object that will have wear n tear needs protection. But as said the products today may be a lot More hard wearing .

it may be gliptone developing their products or range rob

their website is very different from the one last year. they are literally 5 minutes from my house though so I will pop in over the next few weeks & have a chat with the technician I spoke to last time

I will put a post up somewhere once ive spoken to them but I agree with you that a water based product would suffer if not sealed

Surprisingly no mate, I had this one from years ago, never got round to using it. We did have a good one on one of the breakers but that was sold ages ago now sadly. :)

ahh I see

I can't really take that much credit on the joint venture as I've been in and out the area a lot since these cars arrived..

Im chuffed to bits that the worst car, that has now gone, has provided loads of panel cut outs to help Martin with the Storm so it has more than paid for itself...

The red one needs an inspection underneath to determine the best plan.. If its rotten then it may end up stripped but with the ultimate Corrado Womble it might not be easy to convince him.. Im not as emotionally attached as Martin...

Top work on the leather by the way mate...

I can't really take that much credit on the joint venture as I've been in and out the area a lot since these cars arrived..

Im chuffed to bits that the worst car, that has now gone, has provided loads of panel cut outs to help Martin with the Storm so it has more than paid for itself...

The red one needs an inspection underneath to determine the best plan.. If its rotten then it may end up stripped but with the ultimate Corrado Womble it might not be easy to convince him.. Im not as emotionally attached as Martin...

Top work on the leather by the way mate...

Thanks mate :lol:

I can't believe how well the leather is turning out, I've only done the bits in the pics with 2 coats so far and already they look magic 8)

Another small update, after I changed the fuel rail on the red one it leaked on start up, so that was abandoned until I got some new injector seals, which I got last week, I also removed the fuel rail from the breaker so I could take my time sorting out the situation away from the car. Got it done quite quickly.....repetition makes it easy :lol:

It fired up fine and without any leaks as far as I could tell but the idle was all over the place, left it like that as life got in the way again, next step will be to change the ISV and then the MAF, fairly sure it's the ISV but time will tell.

Also been dying the storm leather a little bit at a time, drivers seat done and it's looking nice with the passenger seat as a comparison

B2DE5EB5-1E84-4C1B-A23C-01723252ED71.jpg

9335ECF9-73B0-46C1-9057-77E96D8E14AF.jpg

Edited by easypops

Some other bits under way, had a spare sunroof switch surround that was badly marked and that I couldn't get clean.....the dye works on that too.....wonder how it would take to a headlining? Might give it a wee try on one of the spares :)

0BF37428-12EE-4614-8F5F-81EAF33A071B.jpg

These bits are wet btw and not nearly as blotchy as the picture suggests

The dye works really well, the leather looks great . What product did you use ? I forgot . I used the Gliptone dye .

Thanks guys, maybe one day I'll have a car ready to put it in :lol:

It's the gliptone stuff Rob :)

The dye looks great, is it a standard cream dye or is it a specific colour that you are going for? Have you had a go on the door cards yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes easy I remember now . Culshaw , ring Gliptone and ask for beige Corrado 96 , that will be the right one .

It is mate, I opted for the scuffmaster dye as it has built in sealants, which I've obviously not tested yet but it does dry in very well and when the time comes I'll be happy to sit on them without worrying about it coming off

They look great, does the scruffmaster hide small cracks? Reasonably easy to use?

Sorry, just spotted this, yes it hides the small cracks well, I've done 3 coats and I'm happy so far, very easy to use, I'm using a thin sponge. You just need to be careful that you don't let it pool in the corners/side of bolster area.

Inspired by your thread I sent a wee square of leather from under rhe passanger seat to the nice people in Glipone and got this back in the post

3bac665ada416f14047e2fe5785fd0c6.jpg

The victim

06b89dd8c39b6e2c90215ef24bad8923.jpg

1ba83823f118229e5af3a72c77d03d13.jpg

91fd2f82086f3e92bd91dc3b96287254.jpg

The result

17e5a28debca4d1059468bbd0bc6dfdc.jpg

40414f219c8474bcfc784562b12e8b70.jpg

Good kit

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Wee bit of progress on the Storm, as the weather has been good recently, my welder friend at long last surfaced from hibernation:lol:

How the windscreen area looked after the screen came out

4CE0F56B-E290-427A-B007-D71A215BBDC6.jpg

The bottom section needed replaced

134B5F5D-EB79-4841-8195-FFA38B721FD4.jpg

The start of the repair

6811A993-D032-4DC2-AAAA-737BBAAA878F.jpg

New metal in at various places and bottom section replaced

1B2E93B2-9B64-48DC-9921-CE4C572A8367.jpg

4420A189-BA1E-455E-B827-2D37E2BB660A.jpg

3D489CCD-2E7F-47F4-8FC1-36B1A2DF26BB.jpg

22ABEA46-5D62-4691-AFA0-A5A750CEF327.jpg

Still some grinding/sanding needed but it's solid again, painted with galvanising paint to keep it happy until then.

Couple of small repairs on the n/s sill , out with the n/s rear window and the tailgate glass and barring a few wee fiddly bits it should be ready for painting :)

Glad the welder has been reincarnated... Good progress...

Thanks mate, slowly and surely it's going to happen :)

Did a bit of painting tonight......rear beam off the Twilight and a set of tank straps for the Red one as I'll be dropping the fuel tank soon to access the filler area for a wee repair, no point putting the old rusty straps back on

Beam was blasted a while back and has been in my workshop to keep it dry/warm and I went over the straps earlier with a wire brush on the grinder

33DB1470-B0AE-4845-AAB1-3B818B708D27.jpg

54362348-576F-4AF7-85F9-4FF15A62D665.jpg

54362348-576F-4AF7-85F9-4FF15A62D665.jpg

Inspired by your thread I sent a wee square of leather from under rhe passanger seat to the nice people in Glipone and got this back in the post

3bac665ada416f14047e2fe5785fd0c6.jpg

The victim

06b89dd8c39b6e2c90215ef24bad8923.jpg

1ba83823f118229e5af3a72c77d03d13.jpg

91fd2f82086f3e92bd91dc3b96287254.jpg

The result

17e5a28debca4d1059468bbd0bc6dfdc.jpg

40414f219c8474bcfc784562b12e8b70.jpg

Good kit

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Great job mate, that looks like a different seat 8)

Great work on the seats mate, think I'll need to invest in a kit myself!!

Also I love the red VR, just hope it's not rotten and you can manage to save it.

Great work on the seats mate, think I'll need to invest in a kit myself!!

Also I love the red VR, just hope it's not rotten and you can manage to save it.

The dye is great stuff, gonna be ordering a bit of black at some point to fix the worn bolster in the missus's car

As for the red one,

I'm fairly certain that it's going to be my daily, not quite yet but in the near future, it has various bad bits on it, small hole in the n/s sill at the front plus some rot around the filler cap(seems a very common issue) plus I'll need to swap both wings, one door and tailgate.......fortunately I have all this, barring a decent passenger wing, but that'll come. So it might be a bit mixed up colour wise but that's ok :)