easypops

My VR6 and Storm

Nice.. can't remember if the car went... or is it trail or home.

It's a non runner mate, getting it picked up on Thursday:)

very well done mate been quick one the ball lately ;)

Lucky mate, just happened to be on at the right time. Can't quite believe I got it for next to nothing, won't be breaking it though I don't think as its in very good condition from what I've seen. Once I get it back I'll have a proper look and see what's happening engine wise.

I will likely be looking for a drivers seat or maybe a passenger one that I can adapt?

Another one, how many is that now?

Is that an S4 on your drive, I used to really want one of them when they came out.

Another one, how many is that now?

Is that an S4 on your drive, I used to really want one of them when they came out.

That's 5 now mate :lol: , couldn't refuse this one

Yes it's an S4 avant, with LPG, absolutely fantastic car 8)

Had a day off today so had a wee bit of time to play with the cars.

Firstly I decided to try and crack the subframe bolts on the red VR, all of which undid without any breakages, except the very rusty sump which started leaking out the side after I'd accidentally hit it with the breaker bar :lol:

3BC83F48-49EB-4593-BE49-26B49C495F34.jpg

All that's left to remove is the steering rack pipes plus one gearbox bracket bolt and the whole underside can come away

Then I had a wee look at the latest arrival and I had to attempt a start, which failed as no fuel is coming through, it did fire for about 20 seconds with some easy start spray skooshed in so I'm assuming spark is fine. I'll try the fuel pump relay over the weekend. Any other suggestions would be good :)

Body wise this is easily the cleanest Corrado I've owned and it's rust free , only issue is some laquer peel on the bonnet.8)

The drivers seat is in need of changing though, I'll sort that out at some point :)

Drivers seat

99E95B01-CA20-4FC8-8ABA-07E9B5AFB052.jpg

F2FCF4E7-333F-4250-A764-E67419866350.jpg

Edited by easypops

Also, I bought a second hand SP brake flaring tool after trying and failing with a cheap set. Very happy with the resulting flares

5E910525-B8FB-4C8D-9D54-9DC863E17E5A.jpg

B318AB8F-04AD-40E6-AA5D-25CFBE81BD33.jpg

D6384076-728A-4929-9485-8117C42C646E.jpg

Now that I can get half decent flares I can do something productive on the dark nights.......just need to get better at the pipe bending :lol:

76F6F132-369E-45E3-8A04-C343B1FCD5B9.jpg

It's been a bit quiet for a while, dark nights and cold/wet weather isn't the best for driveway tinkering . However, I have been fiddling about with the 16v a bit recently, I changed both fuel pumps over(thanks fuzzer)also had to change the accumulator and the 2 fuel pipes in that area, new filter as well. Which resulted in the car firing up for the first time in my ownership, had a small fuel leak though so I had to stop at that point.

I then decided that as it needs an MOT anyway I would pop it off to the garage I use and let the guys there do the brakes/handbrake cables/fuel leak/full service and oil/brake fluid/coolant change.

Popped in today to see how it is getting on, they are just doing it when they have a quiet moment, they all commented on how solid it is underneath:)

5000885B-3F49-4170-B90E-95B7F595409A.jpg

You are very welcome pal.

Good to know it's solid buddy hope clears mot after the work

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Can't keep up with your collection of corrados easypops... this ain't the green storm it's got a 16v badge on the back and 4 pin discs. Looks tidy. Thought you only had 3 Vr' now.

Can't keep up with your collection of corrados easypops... this ain't the green storm it's got a 16v badge on the back and 4 pin discs. Looks tidy. Thought you only had 3 Vr' now.

Ha ha, not the storm mate, this is the 16v I picked up for a song a few months back. It's going to be the daily until the red VR is ready, then the storm will go in for paint, which will force me to get the twilight VR out of the garage :lol: .......plus the breaker VR :)

Must of missed this one... new addition after the red Vr

Yes mate, I had a space and couldn't resist:lol:

Garaged for the last 12 years, very good condition overall, no rust to speak of, only the underside stuff, subframe/rear beam etc a wee bit surface rust, but no rot. Bonnet has laquer peel, easy enough fix and drivers seat is a little worn but I have the cloth off a passenger side in very good condition including replacement bolsters, so once it's on the road I'll get the cosmetic bits done :)

Edited by easypops