Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Swompy's Ice grey violet. Now gone to a new home

If you think the garage is good you should see the view from the bedroom, I could probably see Ian, Vaughan and Andy from where I am :wave:

100512_181401.jpg

100512_181429.jpg

And I can even see Gloucester

100512_181413.jpg

Which ones are they Jake? theres a few in that field :lol:

Happy Birthday mate :wave:

Why I outta...! :p :lol:

Little up date.

Car has 10mm spacers on the front now so no more arch chaffing :lol:

Going to spray the tsw some point this week and might have them on for bristol but not shore yet.

Also got a 4 branch manifold on the way ready for the rebuild 8) . Just need to get hold of a flowed head now.

Need to give the car a good clean and polish too as its filthy :(

The car done 100K yesterday :D

And 3 miles down the road I had a car go into the ack of me :( :pale: :cry:

Luckly was only a small tap so just a very small amount of paint work damage thank god.

Thanks.

No I'm not, fortunately the damage is so small ita wasn't worth it. The gritters that got me in the winter done more damage than that.

Got her booked into DG towers for some R32 bushes and ball joints :D

And a rugular check up too 8)

Well after a long hard day at DG the car handles like a dream :clap:

Its suprising how much of a difference R32 bushes and new ball joints make. Mine were preaty much F.U.B.A.R to being with :shock:

A big thanks to Graham for being so patient with the car and for setting it up really well, also sorting my idle problem out and making the clutch better. :notworthy:

I had fun on the way home thats for shore, only took me 45mins to get from DG Autotech to Cinderford, which usaly takes me just over an hour :ignore: :nono: :norty: :grin:

Going back up on Monday for a bit of DG Autotech R+D. Dave will be getting his crazy lab coat on to see if he can come up with a map for the 16v engine 8)

I must admit I lost the love for the rado over the past month or so but after getting it set up properly and that chuftie I feel it coming back :D

Once again the guys and DG have worked their magic :notworthy:

Spent most of the day there on monday with the car plugged into Dave's laptop, tearing up and down the rounds by DG. 8)

And the car drives so much better. Dave and Graham done some timed runs and it is a second quicker from 40-60 in 4th gear and 60-80 in 5th gear. Top end has been improved, as after 6K rpm it dieds off but a bit more fuel added to come in at that point and it feels like it wants to rev right though to the limiter.

Over all the car has a lot more urgancy about it and is more drivable, even on half throttle its feels quicker.

Cant wait to get it onto some rollers now to see what she has :D

I have also removed the rear windscreen wiper which really makes a difference on the looks.

bout time you sorted the useless rear wiper lol.. What does a tune up entail?

bout time you sorted the useless rear wiper lol.. What does a tune up entail?

Haha ironically it started to rain whilst I was doing it :lol:

What Dave done was took a copy of the ECU chip and found the timing and fueling graphs. Using a plug that simulated the ECU chip we drove along adjusting the timings and fueling through out the rev range untill we found the best result with out pinking and over fueling. Then it was encoded onto a new chip and plugged the ECU back in.

Going to run with it for a week or so then report back to Dave on how its going.

are you a guinea pig.. it does sound like something i'd get done on the satin... funny enough it rained when I removed my wiper lol

That's great, that's the first time I've heard of someone chipping a valver without a piggyback chip, nice one :)

Yep my car was the guinie pig :lol:

If all goes well hopefully DG will be using it as another service they do.

Unfortunatly it is only for the 9a as the KR uses a different fueling system

Yeh kr doesn't have facility to alter fueling electronically, only timing, be easy swapping parts over though, they're pretty similar otherwise, fair play to dg as thats a real good develoment. Look forward to the RR results :)

Actually a kr could use the fifth injector like the piggyback chip k-star did.

Sorry for littering your thread :lol:

Could i ask how much the tune-up and remap cost? I'll be heading up to DG for the same some time soon.

Pm sent

Bit of a over due update

Got a new daily now so the rado is tucked up in the garage awaiting a new thermostat and some road tax :ignore:

Waiting for the spring to come around before I do any more work on her but when I do get round to it I will be sorting out the body work and the little rust patches on the arches

Here is how she looks now with the black TSW's debadged grill and tinted front head light protectors :)

utf-8BSU1BRzAwNTEuanBn.jpg

And here is my new daily / side project

utf-8BSU1BRzAwNjMuanBn.jpg

Well how she started off any how 8)

And this is how she is at the moment 8)

74356_442633266852_516956852_5629235_5592106_n.jpg

Its obviously a golf mk3 :brickwall: but a 1.4 :camp: so will save me about £30 a week on petrol which means more dosh for the rado :D

Just need a roof rack on it full of junk and to lower it and the look will be complete :D

Rado's looking good Jake, you keeping it now?

Reminds me of my old ice grey with the tinted headlamps lol.

Rado's looking good Jake, you keeping it now?

Reminds me of my old ice grey with the tinted headlamps lol.

Thanks mate

Ya going to keep it now and do a engine conversion, but not any of the conventional ones 8)

Rado looks mean 8) Like that

Not sure about the Golf - what "look" are you going for? The loaded roof rack will lower your fuel economy :wink: