Sign in to follow this  
Typhy

My 16v VS a VR6

this isnt a race ha, i was just wondering wether you think any1 would be intrested in a trade plus cash there way obviously depening on condition, Do you corrado owners think that a vr6 is the way foward after a 16v?? would i love it or would it feel the same just a little faster? my corrado already has full grey leather so i would need to find another with leather.

thanks

no no not a G60 i was jsut wondering if it would be the right move to step up from the 1.8 16v to a vr6 that all and what your thoughts were, and also wether you think ne1 would be willing to swap a vr6 for a 16v thats all =]

I know mate :wink: just that peeps with the G60's will say they have as much or more poke thean a VR etc as its been battled on here since the dawn of time. :lol:

Good luck with finding a VR bud but i doubt you will find someone willing to part with there VR for a valver.....best off selling yours and finding a VR that you want.

Most that have "upgraded" to the VR simply love it and will never look back.

It is anything but "a 16v just a little faster", the whole experience of owning a VR is on a whole other level to that of a valver and I say that from experience of owning both.

My 16v was extremely tidy and a lot of fun, I have a soft spot for them and there ability to be ragged to within an inch of there lives, and brush it off without a care in the world, but it just doesn't compare to the assault on your senses that a VR all too often brings.

If you want a car that is substantially quicker, sounds unbelievable, gains instant respect from most petrolheads, looks newer inside and out, and has on many occassions been reviewed as a future classic then you know what to do :thumbleft:

Hmm, not sure anyone would swap but you never know.

I went from a 1.8 to VR6 and while they are both Corrados, they are a different car. Body and interior differences aside, it really depends where you do most of your driving...if you're going to be around town a lot then stick with the valver or get a G60. But if you use B and A roads and motorways a lot then a VR is the only choice. Around town it feels a lot heavier and will wash out thru tight corners if you really push it...this may have something to do with the increased weight over the front wheels which the car wasn't initially designed for. I'm sure the gearing is longer as well so it doesn't feel as quick off the mark and despite being torquey, it does lack the really low down quick pickup you need for driving in traffic. Get it away from traffic lights and its a dream, whether pushing on along the twisties, overtaking caravans or giving it some welly down the motorway, it won't disappoint. The engine note is quality too, especially with a BMC and aftermarket exhaust.

I love my VR :luvlove:

Just my rambling 2p, hth.

Get it away from traffic lights and its a dream, whether pushing on along the twisties, overtaking caravans or giving it some welly down the motorway, it won't disappoint. The engine note is quality too, especially with a BMC and aftermarket exhaust.

I love my VR :luvlove:

Yep :)

It is anything but "a 16v just a little faster", the whole experience of owning a VR is on a whole other level to that of a valver and I say that from experience of owning both.

My 16v was extremely tidy and a lot of fun, I have a soft spot for them and there ability to be ragged to within an inch of there lives, and brush it off without a care in the world, but it just doesn't compare to the assault on your senses that a VR all too often brings.

If you want a car that is substantially quicker, sounds unbelievable, gains instant respect from most petrolheads, looks newer inside and out, and has on many occassions been reviewed as a future classic then you know what to do :thumbleft:

Spot on! ;)

I would ditto the noise. Apart from that, there's not much in it :wink:

:lol: Behave yourself, Monkey!

lol so confusing, i dont partulcarly do much motorway driving, and i walk to work, but wen i do drive long i like to be goin very quickly n nt the 70mph limit lol. i do like to get off the line fast but i duno if the vr6 wud still be faster off the linE?

VR6 can hit 60 in second.. helps with the 0-60 times no end.

It's much faster- around 2 secs faster to 60mph. In the real world, that's a few car lengths.

Does 0-60 really matter though? Isn't it just a willy waving contest? I have more fun throwing the car around than I do drag racing mobility scooters....

lol - absolutely. I was only posting up the 0-60 thing to say that the VR is basically quicker off the lights. The VR is so much more though in terms of the whole package IMHO.

It's much faster- around 2 secs faster to 60mph. In the real world, that's a few car lengths.

In the real world you don't go from 0-60.... :wink:

Edit: Oh, Tom got there first.... :lol:

I just think (not saying the OP does) that some people feel inadequate next to the VR6. There's nothing wrong with wanting to own a 16v. They're great cars in they're own right. We have these discussions so much and nobody can resist posting but nobody ever changes their mind based on the opinions of others.

I say drive the one you like the best and to hell with what anyone else thinks. I've met plenty of people that think ALL Corrados are complete rubbish. That's just they're opinion and shouldn't be held in any less regard than someone who says the VR is "better" than a 16v because you may feel completely different when you drive them yourself.

In the real world you don't go from 0-60.... :wink:

Edit: Oh, Tom got there first.... :lol:

I just think (not saying the OP does) that some people feel inadequate next to the VR6. There's nothing wrong with wanting to own a 16v. They're great cars in they're own right. We have these discussions so much and nobody can resist posting but nobody ever changes their mind based on the opinions of others.

I say drive the one you like the best and to hell with what anyone else thinks. I've met plenty of people that think ALL Corrados are complete rubbish. That's just they're opinion and shouldn't be held in any less regard than someone who says the VR is "better" than a 16v because you may feel completely different when you drive them yourself.

Too true. love the 16v engine in the wifeys car. Love my mildly tuned g60. went for a long test drive in a vr and hated it. felt so unresponsive and heavy compared to the other two. (hides behind sofa) :help:

But it really is a case of driving them all and trying them out as it is such a personal thing. just because your engine is bigger dont always mean its better :camp:

Does 0-60 really matter though? Isn't it just a willy waving contest? I have more fun throwing the car around than I do drag racing mobility scooters....

Yeah, but the roads round your way don't really allow for big power, they're much more suited to a 16v.

If the OP walks to work, then I say buy a VR.

Come to think of it though I never managed to spin my valver on a roundabout with lift off oversteer...nose heavy for the VR is an understatement!

Also used to find it substantially easier to get power down in the 16v too, front tyres are lasting me less then 6 months in the VR at the moment :brickwall:

But what happens when you floor it at 70 in a valver? Sod all! :D At least the VR has some oomph.

Not entirely true mate - the valver suits revs... so stick it in 4th at 70 and it'll pull quite nicely :)

there may be peeps willing to swap the other way as i've gone 16v - 16v - vr6 and am now going back to 16v.... but then maybe that's cos i'm old skooooolll :dorky:

test drive - see what u think

As others have said, see if you can drive a VR to see if it's for you. It's not really a quick car in standard form especially compared to more modern stuff, reminds me more of a cruiser.

A couple of times in the last couple of months some random people have called round, one picking some freecycle stuff up and another looking at a bike I was flogging, both of them loved the car and wanted to buy it (they referred to it as a VR6, not a Corrado btw) - No it's not for sale by the way. Stuff like that gives me a buzz, and mines not in all that brilliant nick in my opinion, the problems of not having a garage.