Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Induction kit for a VR6

i'm wanting to fit an induction kit to my corrado vr6 which is the best that will enhance the engine sound as well as overall increase.

ta

I've got a K&N 57i kit on mine, I was originally going to get a Ramair but I picked up the K&N off ebay instead.

It's not as loud as I was expecting, because the guy was selling it due to his gilfriend not liking the noise, but it still sounds really good. It's quiet when cruising, but when accelerating it makes the VR6 roar even more. As for increased power, I don't think it makes much of an increase, but the throttle response seems better and the car revs a bit more freely. I'm going to get a magnex exhaust soon though to go with it.

Cheers

Ady

I had a BMC on my CTR and it was great!

Invisible round town, but magic when the revs rise [imaging in the 8k type-R!!!]

I could prob get a group buy through the shop I got my last one from if there is interest???

I would have one, been wanting one for ages, just never got round too it and wanted too hear from someone who had one before.

How much are they anyway? i think they are more then ya average induction kit arent they.

I might be interested but after looking on the BMC website, it looks like its £160 + VAT + P&P!!!!!!! :shock: so think I'll do with an alternative! :wink:

Fitted at stealth I think mine was around £160 odd. Quiet a part throttle but sounds demon on full and I did see some gains with a re-map as its a straight through from the front affair. The g'freind thinks it sounds shite but what does she know................ :)

when i get a bit more money saved im going to be buying the turn2 cold air induction system,at the moment ive got a pipercross induction filter from demon tweeks which cost me £60

Has anyone tryed the BMC carbon dynamic airbox??

Yep I have one lot of money awesome sound and looks, small power gain but feels like small loss of torque as well.

Worth it just for the sound though :D

i got a K&N 57i Induction kit. It sounds awesome. Abit like a TVR. Only thing is, you end up wanting to drive around on full throttle all the time, just to hear that lovely sound.

Like Ady G, im getting a Magnex to go with it.... this weekend in fact. (Cant wait)

ive got the turn2 cold air intake.... its the best. it was the first mod to my corrado and i really did notice a good throttle response. its sounds great also. i have a techtonics cat back with a high flow cat, with the intake added to that it sounds awsome. if your going to get a intake for a vr6 i wouldnt get anything but the turn2.