g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

GSF didnt dispath the leads yesterday due to how busy they were - fortunately the HQ is only 25 mins away so ive just popped over there to collect them

fingers crossed the valver will be running again tomorrow

Good work mate. Thought I'd reply in here and let that other thread die.

Brakes wise, I'm not running grooves. They tend to eat pads and make a mess of wheels, plus they can be very noisy in my experience.

No such luck for my old banger, he gets thrashed round a track at least once a year.... poor thing :lol:

Good work mate. Thought I'd reply in here and let that other thread die.

Brakes wise, I'm not running grooves. They tend to eat pads and make a mess of wheels, plus they can be very noisy in my experience.

No such luck for my old banger, he gets thrashed round a track at least once a year.... poor thing :lol:

thanks Mic - im looking forward to their shiny yellow-ness!

i agree with the grooves, not nice for a daily so back to plain discs will be nice

hopefully they are only a couple of weeks away

GSF didnt dispath the leads yesterday due to how busy they were - fortunately the HQ is only 25 mins away so ive just popped over there to collect them

fingers crossed the valver will be running again tomorrow

balls - new leads fitted. they seemed to be an ok quality too.

unfortunately still no joy, same event, just turning over & not trying to fire

i cant hear the fuel pump when i first turn the ignition on but i cant recall how loud it was on the valver

it is audible on the VR but for life of me i cant remember on the other rado

guess it may have to go join the VR at the mechanics :(

balls - new leads fitted. they seemed to be an ok quality too.

unfortunately still no joy, same event, just turning over & not trying to fire

i cant hear the fuel pump when i first turn the ignition on but i cant recall how loud it was on the valver

it is audible on the VR but for life of me i cant remember on the other rado

guess it may have to go join the VR at the mechanics :(

Have you checked to see whether you're getting fuel at all? Try cranking it over for a bit then whip out a spark plug and see if it is wet with fuel or stinks of fuel.

Check the fuel pump relay? Fuses?

Have you checked to see whether you're getting fuel at all? Try cranking it over for a bit then whip out a spark plug and see if it is wet with fuel or stinks of fuel.

Check the fuel pump relay? Fuses?

fuel was my line of thought too Jim, thank you

unfortunately i dont have a long enough socket to extract a spark plug & not sure where the fuel pump relay is

i will have a look at fuses when i get home. its not immobiliser at it turns over ok.

gona have to dig out the bentley.....manual rather than car though lol

Pretty sure the fuel pump relay is the bottom right most relay on all Corrado's, on the relay board.

You're not a million miles from me if you wanted to borrow a socket for removing spark plugs.

You're not a million miles from me if you wanted to borrow a socket for removing spark plugs.

bless you thanks for the offer Jim, i will give you a nod if i need to :)

fortunately my dad is around at the moment so i can borrow his car to get to work - be stuck else with both rado's poorly

You could remove the fuel line where it connects to the rail . Crank it and check for fuel . From memory I think the bottom pipe is the non return.

You could remove the fuel line where it connects to the rail . Crank it and check for fuel . From memory I think the bottom pipe is the non return.

thanks rob - that is another thought i had but didnt want to attempt without another bod there as cant crank & look at the same time

Have you checked you have a spark at the plugs? In the summer a brand new rotor arm failed on my G60 less than 100 miles after fitting.

The spark was going to earth through the distributor. Same type of symptom as you. One minute running the next not and complete refusal to start.

Have you checked you have a spark at the plugs? In the summer a brand new rotor arm failed on my G60 less than 100 miles after fitting.

The spark was going to earth through the distributor. Same type of symptom as you. One minute running the next not and complete refusal to start.

rotor arm & dizzy are on the list for tonight - thanks

Apricot and Optimax.. bleurgh!

you are using the wrong additive Jim

apricot goes lovely with VPower! must be that extra octane ;)

had another look at the valver on saturday

i found 2 fuses blown. the 2nd 20amp in from the left & then the end right 10amp

replaced with new & fired her up - no change, still just turning over

checked fuel pump relay & could feel it clicking ok on ignition key - still no noise from underside though

thus towed to mechanics - who now has both my rado's :(

You now have the excuse to add a G60 to the fleet now lol.

Not sure his mechanic could keep up with the workload :)