g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

Go you..... haven't done anything for a while do lots of small jobs piling up.... will try and smash a few thus weekend

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

they are funny things these rado's aint they lol

having posted a while back about investigating my drivers heated seat intermittently working, guess what, it has worked fine ever since. hope i dont jinx it lol

i wonder if the 'buzzing' relay was it getting stuck due to lack of use & since i have used it more it has fixed itself. who knows but at least it worked for winter

no need for the function in this recent heat tho! damn i wish the valver MOT had not run out last week

as for the VR sunroof - hmmmmm - tilt has kind of fixed itself too as now it more often than not works. i still think it doesnt like the cold but then even on the cold snap frosty days we had back in march the tilt worked

thus, hot as you like yesterday, i thought i would give slide a go & let some heat out the top - the damn thing moved about 1/3 of the way back & then stopped & did the 'tiny movement when press button' thing

guess i will be digging that spare motor out this weekend if i can find time

finally - i thought i would treat the VR to a quick engine bay (well hoses) quick clean. sparkly was the result but of course there had to be the following mornings 'toy out the pram' for touching her as it took 3 attempts to get it to start normally

bloomin things, i am sure sometimes they are best just left well alone & then play up when we attempt to 'fix' something lol

This made me laugh mate, :lol:

They are funny old girls ent they!!!!!

Edited by EJ Taylor

This made me laugh mate, :lol:

They are funny old girls ent they!!!!!

i am glad i can bring some humour & a smile to your face EJ, especially considering your gasket woes!

Sometimes you can look at a Corrado in a funny way and it will not behave .

mine breaks if i used the wrong hose attachment.

mine breaks if i used the wrong hose attachment.

LOL come on people they arent that bad really

plus i can cope with a 21 year old car sometimes being a bit temperamental - if i was paying out the kind of monthly figures about for a new car i would be absolutely screwing when it produced a fault or broke down, as so many seem to do so these days

Well I've been using mine as the daily since February, and not had a single hiccup. :smug:

Now you've gone and done it! :bomb:

small update for the valver

mot ran out on 1st june & currently waiting a couple of weeks so as to stagger next years dates with the gf's lupo - not good when they fell at the same time this year

i should drop the oil & change the plugs for mot but i might get my mechanic to do it when he inspects it

i did tackle the headlight issue it had though - where the drivers adjuster was rock solid & the passenger was held in place by sticky tape. IDK some owners really do bodge fixes sometimes. i am glad there have only been a few which i have been able to remedy! lol

so, donor headlights in hand it was off with the battery & remove & assess the existing lights

one still had a small stone chip in the lens - which i know would be the headlight i put into it when i first owned it due to a big crack in the original

the other lens was ok but both existing lights had 'fixes' for their ailing or broken tabs

fortunately the donor lights had been pre WD40's by the seller & when unpacked the adjusters moved freely, albeit i was hugely careful turning them lol

i did think about swapping the adjusters over but i have read about how brittle they can be when trying to remove so i did a bit of jiggery pokery with the tab 'fixes' & just swapped the bulbs etc over & installed them

a quick test after reconnecting the uprated loom & all seemed well

fingers crossed my mechanic can level them properly now :)

Well I've been using mine as the daily since February, and not had a single hiccup. :smug:

winner! :)

How you getting on with the bodykit?

hello m8

hows tricks?

the Kamei kit is 'in progress' kind of lol

i have managed to give some of it a bit of a rub down to see how many colours were on it & fortunately it was just the red & then primer :)

i have also done quite a bit of researching into 'hot air plastic welding'. i think this may be my best option to tackle some of the small cracks on the bends etc

overall the kit is in very good condition - in fact, so much so i cant now make up my mind whether to put the front splitter on the valver (thus completing the kit on that one) or save the full kit for when i get the VR resprayed

i keep bouncing the idea around & it goes from 'it would be nice to get the valver back to how it was when i first owned it' to 'mmmm it would look awesome on the VR'

the VR is quite low & angry looking as it is & i think the kit on it would really suit the blackberry colour. it would make all the lovely curves etc stand out nicely with the way the colour changes in different light.

however i dont know if i would need to raise the coilovers to accommodate the slight drop the kit gives

Great news on the Kit. Im glad its going to be put to good use and a nice dilemma to have.. I doubt very much that a second kit is out there to find.. A genuine hens teeth item...

Great news on the Kit. Im glad its going to be put to good use and a nice dilemma to have.. I doubt very much that a second kit is out there to find.. A genuine hens teeth item...

Goldie if i am honest i still can not believe that i managed to find even a complete kit - when you sent me the original photos i nearly fell off my chair when they confirmed what i had hoped

i have looked for one of these Kamei kits on & off ever since owning the valver on the 1st occassion - which is now about 16 odd years ago!

& add to that the fact that you ever so kindly met up with me whilst on your long journey!

i will always be grateful to you m8 :D

Oh i did recently find out from VW that the kit was not a factory option as i thought. i do wish one of the owners between me selling & rebuying the valver had not lost all that lovely history it used to have

i still remember the guy i brought it from 1st time lived by the JCB plant near alton towers & had every tax disc, mot, date ordered bills etc etc, such a waste to have been lost BUT at least they didnt molest or ruin my valver too much lol

I have tried many times to heat plastic weld cracks and they always seem to come back where as the 2 pack plastic repair kits are much better and would be more than happy to talk you through the process. Plus there is more chance of causing further damage with heat which is something you want to avoid on such a rare kit. Anyway you've still got your seats to do before starting new projects lol. Winner winner Corrado dinner.

I have tried many times to heat plastic weld cracks and they always seem to come back where as the 2 pack plastic repair kits are much better and would be more than happy to talk you through the process. Plus there is more chance of causing further damage with heat which is something you want to avoid on such a rare kit. Anyway you've still got your seats to do before starting new projects lol. Winner winner Corrado dinner.

thanks for the offer m8

ive not looked into 2 pack plastic repair kits - have you any links pls?

i have seen the Wurth replast plastic repair kit - the one used by wheeler dealers - but the kit itself is extremely expensive

This should give you some idea as to what's involved. There are a few different kits on fleabay depending on how much you want to spend. Its a shame you are so far away as I would be happy to show you how I would do it as I would do it differently to the video as they are trying to sell products that aren't all that necessary.

This should give you some idea as to what's involved. There are a few different kits on fleabay depending on how much you want to spend. Its a shame you are so far away as I would be happy to show you how I would do it as I would do it differently to the video as they are trying to sell products that aren't all that necessary.

ok thanks fella

i will take a look at the link & then drop you a PM with some questions etc if that would be ok :)

ok thanks fella

i will take a look at the link & then drop you a PM with some questions etc if that would be ok :)

checked out the video thanks

lots of different products required with that 3M version - plus the damn gun thing - so not looked for a kit yet

it looks very similar to the Wurth kit though & they are very pricey - unless i then went into a side line of bumper repair lol

the advantage i could see of the hot air plastic welding is that the units themselves are not too pricey & then the various different forms of plastic rod are fairly cheap

prep & finishing is very much the same for both styles

i wonder if Ed from wheeler dealers would help, he has a Wurth kit lol

blimey what is with this weather eh - june, it looks like bloomin november outside!

dare i type it though but the VR drivers door seal seems to be behaving itself - probably jinx'ed myself now & it will be damp carpets at break time

& as i type the rain is hammering - fingers crossed it holds today!

oh & i hope my porch doesnt flood either :(

well i am pleased to say that the VR performed well in the monsoon today - only the very slightest of dribbles of water on the top of the plastic sill trim

no soaking footwell carpet yay :)

i wonder how the valver is at home lol

You don't need hardly any of the stuff in the video. In the past I have just bought the 2k glue and with 2 large bolts I squeezed it onto a mixing board and mixed and applied it with a plastic spreader you don't need the adhesion promoter as this stuff will stick to anything as long as the surface is clean and dry. I've never used the backing pads and I've used this stuff alot. I have tried the heat method and never felt it worked as well as 2k.

You don't need hardly any of the stuff in the video. In the past I have just bought the 2k glue and with 2 large bolts I squeezed it onto a mixing board and mixed and applied it with a plastic spreader you don't need the adhesion promoter as this stuff will stick to anything as long as the surface is clean and dry. I've never used the backing pads and I've used this stuff alot. I have tried the heat method and never felt it worked as well as 2k.

bloody good info again m8 thanks!! lol

yay!!!

valver has passed its MOT & no advisories - get in!!

all that work to get it back on the road last year is a result of a clean ticket this year

new headlights, well the donor ones i got form a kind person on here, are all good. suspension worries not appeared & my dread of a new battery tray put off for a bit longer

winner winner chicken dinner :)