Sign in to follow this  
bananawhip

New Porsche wheels, opinions needed

I am currently running a mint set of 7x15 Porsche Teledials, always liked the design, love the way the shape compliment the arches on the C.

Only problem is that they are maybe a touch too small, I love the way they handle but I wouldn't mind apdating the 288's to 312's and maybe filling out the arches a bit as the Teledials can look a touch lost.

Few pics of mine first, bit rubbish but only ones I have to handpassat climatronic wiring diags.pdfbrakes.jpg[/attachment:3290rgi3]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfsanta pod.jpg[/attachment:3290rgi3]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfring.jpg[/attachment:3290rgi3]

Now a pic of the 16's I've been offered at a good priceboxster.jpg[/attachment:3290rgi3]

Which ones would you run if you were in my shoes, Teledials are cult and the others are a touch ugly in my opinion but what do you guys think?

Also does anybody have any experiance on the fitment of the 16's? Or any pics of them on a C

Cheers Peeps :)

I'd go with the 16s personally. The Teledials may be cult, but they don't suit the Corrado at all imo, sorry! :D They do indeed look far too small as you say, but if they give better handling, it's a tough call really!

They do actually look pretty good in the flesh, better then I thought and better then the photo's make out. They are small though, and much like your wheels Kev and the standard speedlines the C does sit well on a 5 spoke.

Aaah decisions, could keep the Tele's too and slap some R888's on but then there goes the bigger brakes. If only I was into Fords then all I'd have to decide was where I wanted to stick my crappy 'Sorted' badge :)

you could go for 944 Turbo teledials which are 16inch and look beefier

however like Kev I just don't think they suit the Corrado one bit,in fact IMHO NO Porsche wheels go with anything other than Porsches and tbh they are popular as its mainly about scene points for most people

How about Compomotive 6 spoke MO? 7x16, pretty light and you can get some big brakes behind them. That wheel definitely is a classic :D

Drove a VR6 with standard brakes today and my God do they need uprating! I forgot how weak they are!

however like Kev I just don't think they suit the Corrado one bit,in fact IMHO NO Porsche wheels go with anything other than Porsches and tbh they are popular as its mainly about scene points for most people

Was tempted by the 16" Teledials but just decided against the hassle just to go an inch bigger.

If I'm honest about 20% of my decision is keeping in the scene but the rest is due to the fact that I think Porsche have designed some of the best looking OEM wheels on the planet.

Most cars roll out with chunky generic crap that looks like an after thought but not so with Porsche, and as VW have always had such a close relationship with them I think they sit pretty well on their wheels.

How about Compomotive 6 spoke MO? 7x16, pretty light and you can get some big brakes behind them. That wheel definitely is a classic

Drove a VR6 with standard brakes today and my God do they need uprating! I forgot how weak they are!

Was going with the Porsche thing really as already have the adaptors etc and can get some designs for not too much money.

Don't have standard brakes myself as they are absolutely shocking!! I swear the 256's on my old valver were better.

Just had a look at some Compomotives a second ago, forgot how cool they are, would definately have some but I can't allow myself to be sidetracked :)

Was tempted by the 16" Teledials but just decided against the hassle just to go an inch bigger.

If I'm honest about 20% of my decision is keeping in the scene but the rest is due to the fact that I think Porsche have designed some of the best looking OEM wheels on the planet.

Most cars roll out with chunky generic crap that looks like an after thought but not so with Porsche, and as VW have always had such a close relationship with them I think they sit pretty well on their wheels.

its your motor at the end of the day

but Porsche can use some shockingly bad looking wheels too,the Boxster ones you have pictured are nowhere near as nice looking as the standard VR6 speedline,I find that a lot of people put on Porsche wheels just purely to say they have Porsche wheels on their car,maybe because I've owned Porsches before owning a VW that makes me so against seeing them used in that way,who knows :shrug:

don't even start me on split-rim so called Turbo twists :gag: :bad-words: :epicfail:

its your motor at the end of the day

but Porsche can use some shockingly bad looking wheels too,the Boxster ones you have pictured are nowhere near as nice looking as the standard VR6 speedline,I find that a lot of people put on Porsche wheels just purely to say they have Porsche wheels on their car,maybe because I've owned Porsches before owning a VW that makes me so against seeing them used in that way,who knows

don't even start me on split-rim so called Turbo twists

No idea what you're talking about, I've never claimed to have Porsche wheels for extra kudos :wink:

Have to admit it does roll off the tongue nice

I do like Speedlines alot, think VW got it spot on with them but unfortunately if you keep them you just don't look like you've made the effort. Might sound like a stupid statement but I do like to got to shows and meets on occassions with something a little different.

The comp mos are a great choice, I still love the 5 spoke mos too. But have to agree with others, I can't stand seeing oem wheels from other marques on vw's, especially with the marques badges on

The comp mos are a great choice, I still love the 5 spoke mos too. But have to agree with others, I can't stand seeing oem wheels from other marques on vw's, especially with the marques badges on

Maybe it's just me then but the first thing I do is look into what other marques wheels will fit, I love keeping it OEM even if it's from another manufacturer. Sometimes I think a set of wheels from an independent company can look really cheap and ruin a car if not chosen correctly.

Even to the point where I used to play Gran Turismo 4 I'd only ever buy wheels from the OEM section :)

I always try and kid myself that I'm above the whole scene points thing but on reflection it looks like I've caught the bug.

AMG Merc wheels, Corvette, Porsche, I love that whole look (Bentley's arn't my cup of tea though)

If I could have any wheels it would be some magnesium racing jobbies as I do like function over form but wallet isn't that deep unfortunately

I think they work... but then, I'm a little biased!

RadoPorka.jpg

:)

16" X 7" & 8" staggered..

195/40s in the pic, but now on 195/45

See those 2 pics tell me a couple of things, firstly that the Teledials are much nicer looking then the 5 spokes. And secondly that I need the 16" versions as my 15's look a bit poo.

Thanks for the feedback everybody

Im pretty sure the ones in the pic I posted are 15's mate?

That makes me feel better, probably just look nicer then mine as the whole car is substantially tidier looking then mine :)

Anyways mine have grown on me since I started this post, they aren't broke so I'm not gonna fix 'em

Wallet placed firmly back in pocket :clap:

Im pretty sure the ones in the pic I posted are 15's mate?

277045528_658c71ad38_o1.jpg

looks like 4 16inch fronts as opposed to the pic with the 16inchers staggered

Ah fair enough, I expect the fact that its on its arse helps the look tbh! :lol:

I think if you're going to run 15's you need to be really low to carry it off looks wise.