Fixed the starter last night! Need a new battery but it looks like the cause was a simple case of dirty ignition cable on the coil! Whoop!! Now onto the shops to get a battery :)

She Lives! Started first time... little puff of black from the exhaust but that's all good for being sat idle for 4 months! lovely! :nuts:

Updated list bellow. Next i think is the brakes as it's a relatively easy thing to do... he says

Jan 2011

Things to fix

1. Fix Starter motor DONE
  2. Replace OS brake line and replace braking fluid
  3. Central Locking is playing up, keeps unlocking the car by itself (not essential)
  4. New callipers all round including fluid hoses (not essential)
  5. Replace Springs and shocks
  6. New suspension mount to front OS suspension
  7. Re-condition wishbones and fit new rubbers (not essential)
  8. replace/Fix NS head light unit (I have replacement unit ready to fit, just need to drill out the middle screw)
  9. replace cracked fog lamps (not essential)
  10. rear bumper brackets have rotten, probably just get a new bumper (Have new bumper but brackets are not in good nick. Will probably fabricate my own)
  11. Fit wheel spacers
  12. New cv boots
  13. fit exhaust rubber (but I need a "special one",)
  14. Need new exhaust Manifold
  15. Fit new exhaust heat shield
  16. New Lambda sensor
  17. Fix a gear box leak
  18. fix a engine oil leak (which worries me as a cant find the source)
  19. fix power steering fluid leak (got replacements, just need to fit)
  20. Replace front cross member and radiator support panel as its completely rusted away
  21. New rear tyres parada Spec 2195/50 R15 82V (not essential)
  22. New radiator and fan switch
  23. Speedo works intermittently, probably a loose wire
  24. Fit new steering wheel DONE
  25. Petrol tank straps need replacing
  26. Charger needs servicing
  27. New battery tray required.
  28. Heater matrix is in need of replacing
  29. Sunroof, I have purchased new one but need to test that it works.
  30. Rubber door seals
  31. http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Air_Filters_Accessories/Pipercross_Performance_Replacement_Element/564/0/72052/44456 new air filter

"I'm on my way, from misery to happiness again... ahah ahah!"

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Thanks to Kur2y for this very hansom head light wiring loom... Complete with IP65 rated enclosure and all water tight and ready to go! :)

My hat Goes off to you Zak! excellent work!

Hey Alex,

That's a long list, but imagine how lovely it will be once it's all done!

I have a few lists lying about as well (scraps of paper/spreadsheets and so on) but I think getting a list here in a central location is a good idea! Glad you have decided not to sell it, fitting a dialysis machine is much better idea anyway!

Ollie

Hello all!

Trial fitted the Wiring loom last night and it works a treat! All i need to do now in spray the enclosure (black i think) then get it fitted. But seeing as i have loads of new things to go on the front of the car including a new rad I've put fitting that on the back burner until further notice. Rockin having bright lights though!

Done a little more this evening. Cleaned the boot carpet and parcel self. The only things left to clean with my carpet cleaner are the internal floor carpets.... Trouble is the carpets look to be stuck down to the internal floor pan with tiger seal of something similar :brickwall:

The bugger is that this carpet cleaner... although good does get the carpet very wet. And with me not driving the C the carpet will stay wet if i don't wait for a nice hot day and do it then, (and it was snowing yesterday. :bonk:)

I've also noticed that the door plastic cover (behind the door card) is very badly torn. Looks like I'll need to replace it at some point.

Finally, I got bored this evening and spent 10mins thinking about what I'd do to my seat as soon as I could afford to do something! Pics bellow

like the seats, reminds me a bit of the fire and ice ones from the golfs. congrats on getting the old girl running too.

like the seats, reminds me a bit of the fire and ice ones from the golfs. congrats on getting the old girl running too.

Thanks Man! I hadn't noticed but they are similar now you mention it. I loved those seats. Mine will be part leather with the grey and red in suede though... should be lovely! :smug:

Got this in the post today! as well!

Although i can't use it because of this.... :(

Nice. Theres a full set on egay at the mo. Id hoard it if i had somewher to store it properly.

Hey, thats fantastic the sealed headlight wiring kit, it will be sooooooo worth it , the amount of hastle I have had from my uprated kit due to water killing the fuses or the relays!

Also what are you planning on using the sand blaster kit on ?

Keep up the good work

Hey, thats fantastic the sealed headlight wiring kit, it will be sooooooo worth it , the amount of hastle I have had from my uprated kit due to water killing the fuses or the relays!

Also what are you planning on using the sand blaster kit on ?

Keep up the good work

yeah, not all roses though as the fuses if you look close are not in the ip rated enclosure... bit anoying but I have a few ideas to help protect them. Will look really nice when I get round to painting the enlosure too :)

The grit blaster is for a bumper iron i got (look at page 6's last post) as well as a slam panel and rad support panel. Am going to grit these on Saturday if the weather up in Scotland here stays good. :?

If you have the kit then fair enough, but it might be easier taking it somewhere local to get the pieces blasted, I use a heavy grit blaster at work, and its like the size of a firemans hose and I have blasted the same pieces you have and even it took as while.Let me know how you get on

Also once its blasted the surface will be prone to rust even in dampness, so be sure to throw some paint on it straight away!

If you have the kit then fair enough, but it might be easier taking it somewhere local to get the pieces blasted, I use a heavy grit blaster at work, and its like the size of a firemans hose and I have blasted the same pieces you have and even it took as while.Let me know how you get on

Also once its blasted the surface will be prone to rust even in dampness, so be sure to throw some paint on it straight away!

I'm getting it galvanised after spraying.

I tried a local firm in perth and they gave me the finger... I lost interest with private companies after that. If you know a good firm in fife or Tayside then I'm all ears but if not then I'll struggle on with this small one I've got...

This weekend has been quite productive in it's way... I didn't get to use the sand blaster but I did get to finally finish cleaning the carpets in the car as the sun came out Saturday :)

The following pictures are from the Saturday morning doing the cleaning to Sunday morning where I collected the internal trim ready to put back in the car. :cheers:

And here is the interior back in the car.

The new things are

1. New late style oem steering wheel
  2. New steering wheel cowling
  3. New centre console and OEM hand brake gaiter
  4. New hand brake
  5. New clutch foot rest
  6. New parcel shelf (not in the pics but now in the car)
  7. New MFA/wiper stalk
  8. New ignition coil

The rest has all now been cleaned and is pretty mush like new. Very happy with the results in general. The drivers seat needs the bolster repaired and the passenger side carpet has some really nasty stains that not even my pot of Swarfega is shifting... but that's under the seat so I gave up on them in the end! :lol:

That's it for today, check out this space soon for some tasty mods that i might be getting in the coming weeks. :)

Nice one Alex,nice to see your still getting all them little niggles sorted.should be a new car by the time your finished!! Still waiting to finish Winter repair over here in Canada and then back to my baby how is gathering dust at the moment.Driving to uk in start of may,wondering is there any events on?Might drive to that DG autotech place yanards keeps going on about,see what they can do for my g60.Mine was not running completely right

Nice one Alex,nice to see your still getting all them little niggles sorted.should be a new car by the time your finished!! Still waiting to finish Winter repair over here in Canada and then back to my baby how is gathering dust at the moment.Driving to uk in start of may,wondering is there any events on?Might drive to that DG autotech place yanards keeps going on about,see what they can do for my g60.Mine was not running completely right

DG autotech have a very good reputation in the corrado world, never been there myself but i've seen their work on my mates VR, Yan's 16v and butterfly's concourse VR. They do fine work! They also just started offering a re-map for G60's but i think you need to by a new ecu... The one that VW gave the G60 is pretty basic. :)

DG autotech have a very good reputation in the corrado world, never been there myself but i've seen their work on my mates VR, Yan's 16v and butterfly's concourse VR. They do fine work! They also just started offering a re-map for G60's but i think you need to by a new ecu... The one that VW gave the G60 is pretty basic. :)

Nah you keep the existing ECU and sensors just get a MAP table more suited to your own car - it works due to the massive variations in the power outputs of the G60s, throw in age and wear and it becomes huge and the ECU can't cope.

Looking good Alex, you aiming to get her back on the road for summer then?

Nah you keep the existing ECU and sensors just get a MAP table more suited to your own car - it works due to the massive variations in the power outputs of the G60s, throw in age and wear and it becomes huge and the ECU can't cope.

Looking good Alex, you aiming to get her back on the road for summer then?

Hmm, in that case i might even be tempted!

I sure am, so long as my job stays secure i should be getting an MOT in the next month or so. Since my mortgage switched to a tracker i've been allot better off!

This month is suspension and radiator i think. Once they are on she'll be ok to drive to a garage for an MOT and I'll let them fix the engine/gear box leak. I'd have ago myself but there's only so much you can do on a drive with a 1:10 gradient... :lol:

Ok Chaps, now the interior is clean I'm just fanny-assin about, fixing bits and bobs while I wait for some money to trickle in.

Been trying to fix my passenger door card

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45668[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45669[/ATTACH]

the door handle slot looks like it got wet at some point. I'm going to have a go with some fibre glass this evening. I also need some of the flat screws used in the door car if any one knows the part numbers? The fabric has been cleaned though so otherwise she's ready to get attached to the car.

I also found the reason for the door getting wet....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45670[/ATTACH]

Looks like a colander... the black stuff I think is something like tiger seal. Kind of a crap job. If anyone knows if these can be bought new as well please let me know. :thumbleft:

Ok Chaps, now the interior is clean I'm just fanny-assin about, fixing bits and bobs while I wait for some money to trickle in.

Been trying to fix my passenger door card

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45668[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]45669[/ATTACH]

the door handle slot looks like it got wet at some point. I'm going to have a go with some fibre glass this evening. I also need some of the flat screws used in the door car if any one knows the part numbers? The fabric has been cleaned though so otherwise she's ready to get attached to the car.

I also found the reason for the door getting wet....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45670[/ATTACH]

Looks like a colander... the black stuff I think is something like tiger seal. Kind of a crap job. If anyone knows if these can be bought new as well please let me know. :thumbleft:

You can't get them new in that material, what you can get is some self ashesive foam stuff like they use on the mk 3 onwards in a 2x1m sheet.

I have got some stuff on order from fleabay that is a 2m x 500mm sheet of 3mm thick self adhesive foam that is waterproof, so it will be the job, cheap too at under a twenty quid delivered for 2 sheets: linky