:/

But at least you have dundee cake.

Yeah... and marmalade... I'd rather have a slice of Lardy Cake though :hic:

I miss Oxforshire and Wilts... will be down in a few weeks though so that will be nice!

Tell you what, I'll get you some dundee cake if you can get me some lardy cake!

will be in 3 weeks but it may be more Wiltshire/Gloucester area. I'm staying at a pub in the Cotswold and unfortunately I'm getting a lift down so I'll be stuck at the pub ALL WEEKEND... What a shame! :lol:

Absolute nightmare! CazzaVR is over that way :D

well, I could always do with a pint if you or cazza fancy the trip!

In other news I have a new shopping list for VW now that i've seen what needs to be done...

New rad expansion tank - 1H0121407A

Lower water hose - 191121051R

and a variety of stainless steel spring clips and screw clips (almost every one on the car is rusted up good)

I think I can send you a rad hose, I have so many 2nd hand spares. I also have a new rad tank but I'm pretty sure mine is pattern being a tax dodger and all that.

I think I'll get a original VW tank as they're cheep enough but I would love any spare water hoses you have!

This is the one I need... 191121051R I think it's PG/g60 specific but I'll take it anyway if you have it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46587[/ATTACH]

Damn it, stupid 191 part number makes me think it's a standard Mk2 hose! Not sure I have that one, sorry matey.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Wait, that picture shows the 16v engine so how can that pipe be a PG/G60 part? Confused.com :s

Yeah... and marmalade... I'd rather have a slice of Lardy Cake though :hic:

Whats Lardy Cake??

Looks yummy, TBH didn't think 'Lardy cake' was a real cake, but here i stand corrected.....

maybe you have a rust magnet?

/\ This made me laugh out loud very loud in the office. :-D

Sorry to see your rust problems though Alex.

BACK ON TOPIC! :lol:

I've purchased some new jubilee clips, got a 35pc set of stainless steel clips in a box delivered to the door for less than £10, Not Bad! :D

Next I'm going to slow down a little... My sisters wedding is in 2 weeks and I have to pay for a hotel room in some fancy castle so I'll not be buying anything else till next month. Will have to content myself with fitting the few bits and bobs I've got.

Alex,

Bottom rad hose is G60 specific.

Radiator support panels are 'rado specific - mk 2 ones will not fit!. It's the lower splitter attachment and the slightly curved front end of the rado that causes the issue. Only difference between a 16v rad support and a g60 one is the extra PAS cooling pipe and the brake cooling duct on the N/S/F mounts in a different spot.

Alex,

Radiator support panels are 'rado specific - mk 2 ones will not fit!. It's the lower splitter attachment and the slightly curved front end of the rado that causes the issue. Only difference between a 16v rad support and a g60 one is the extra PAS cooling pipe and the brake cooling duct on the N/S/F mounts in a different spot.

Thanks Yan, i remember you saying before but i couldn't find the thread. I'll use the 16v rad panel and the slam panel I've got and just cut/drill holes for the pas and brake pipes.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Wait, that picture shows the 16v engine so how can that pipe be a PG/G60 part? Confused.com :s

They use the same pic on etka for 8v and 16v engines of that age. Saves on pictures i think... :bonk:

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Hello!

My new front cross member and rad panel is off at Forfar Galvanizes getting hot dipped today! should be done in the next few days and this weekend we'll get the it all reattached! WHEY!

I've never really looked into it in great detail as I'm not very good at the mechanical side of automotive engineering but as far as I'm aware from searching the G60 would benefit greatly from having a new gear box fitted.

NOW... I currently have a gear box oil leak somewhere on the car so a new gear box could actually be on the cards as i'll need to get the existing one off anyway to replace seals and stuff I reckon. If this is the case then a CTN golf mk3 diesel gear box could be just the ticket! I'd like some advice though before I rush off and spend £130 on a gear box.

I've glanced over the info I could find but I still have a few questions:

1. Will my car cope with the longer gear ratios? When my car was last driving around she was pulling around 180bhp. Will she struggle to get going? I want to increase the power eventually but not for a while... need to get her road worthy first.
  2. What do I need?! People have mentioned in other threads new clutches and various other components that you need but then others have said you don't need them. Confusion then sets in... So what is it that I need to change my gear box over?
  3. Is it easy... Bare in mind im a retard with a spanner. If it's a simple case of removing the gearbox and fitting a new one then i should manage that but if there are different mounting positions, clutches need changing etc. then i may not be up to it

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but the amount of literature on the CF alone makes me shudder. If anyone can point me to particular threads or simply answer these questions i would be very great full!

xxx :thumbleft:

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

PS. Ive looked at this briefly... but i don't understand most of it... http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?31273-best-gear-ratios-for-g60-gearbox/page2&highlight=ctn+gear+box

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Again... sorry for being dumb but how do I discover the code for my existing gear box on the corrado? I know it's a 02A but the G60 has 5 different box codes by the look of it....

Book1.pdf

I'm just so confused!!!! :scratch:

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

That is THE thread !!

The CTN will bolt straight onto your engine, it is an O2a box,so it is the same as yours.The internals being diesel are allegedly stronger, final drive longer.What you have read about changing flywheel and clutch is people using uprated clutches (Vr6)

But yours will fit,no problem. You have enough power to go to the CTN or even the ASD (off hisrocker has one on his G60)

If you look on the knowledge base,there is a good article on the gearbox codes,what you have probally found, but it does show you where the codes are ! Sorry i cant send you the link as I am on my phone,

Alex,

so as long as you don't run a splitter then you can use mk2 golf rad panels? :D

The CTN will bolt straight onto your engine, it is an O2a box,so it is the same as yours.The internals being diesel are allegedly stronger, final drive longer.What you have read about changing flywheel and clutch is people using uprated clutches

Sooo, because its the same casing then it will fit in the same place using the same stuff.... I don't have to worry about things like the golf box having a cable clutch or anything like that?

If so that's good news! I'll be looking to buy one if i can get a low millage second hand one!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

so as long as you don't run a splitter then you can use mk2 golf rad panels? :D

ahh sorry monkey, i just got the 16v ones I had galvanised.

I spent a long time looking for one, in the end I gave up and bought a G60 one for £50, a week later a CTN turned up on here for £200 ! Which I bought,side by side they are identical,

They do seem to hold a premium,but I am sure one will turn up.

I spent a long time looking for one, in the end I gave up and bought a G60 one for £50, a week later a CTN turned up on here for £200 ! Which I bought,side by side they are identical,

They do seem to hold a premium,but I am sure one will turn up.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mk3-volkswagon-golf-tdi-gearbox-may-fit-others-/230616393392?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b1cee6b0

just maybe... this will do? I know it's 500miles away but i have a friend in cornwall who could maybe hold it for me...

:)

Alex

Delete that link ! NOW

Any lurkers reading this may want it !

If I lived nearer I would pick it up for you ,buy it and get your mate to pick it up for you.