Pat_McCrotch

Whats the best MPG anyones had out of a Corrado?

I got 27.2 today, bringing my VR back from Billcor who I bought it off.

That included around 150 miles of twisty A and B roads, more or less 150 miles of cruising at 90mph on the A1/M1, and a couple of top-speed attempts (I chickened out when I got to 135)

I reckon on a conservative 60mph motorway cruise, I'd get mid-high 30s

Have had 36ish from the vr6.......but have had better from the 2.0 16v......i was really trying though........about 15 miles at 60mph as far as i remember

I'm jealous! The best I can get from my 2ltr 16v is 27 and it averages 18. I've no idea how to sort it.

36.5MPG driving 100miles from Stockport to Nottingham got stuck in a bit of traffic too, i reckon i would have got 37ish if i wouldn't have got stuck in it. Still my best was 40MPG when there was loads of 50 zones up the M1. Who says these cars are gas guzzlers?

I'm jealous! The best I can get from my 2ltr 16v is 27 and it averages 18. I've no idea how to sort it.

One would imagine you have a slight issue there, have you tried calculating it manually to see if the mfa is wrong? and does it run a tad rich by any chance??

I can just get 36 on a run from stansted down to canterbury. :(

Was very pleased with the economy of the VR on the trip up to Scotland. We took a steady run from Glasgow up into the highlands.. was a total of approximately 240 miles done on windy A roads at sensible speeds (60/70MPH with the occasional overtake) and we used about 27 litres. Works out about 35.5MPG. Who says the VR6 isn't economical! :)

One would imagine you have a slight issue there, have you tried calculating it manually to see if the mfa is wrong? and does it run a tad rich by any chance??

Yeah I normally get about 280 to a tank on a round town run. I would assume its running rich as the exhaust is black. I've just put a new injector system on so I'm hoping that will help as everything else that I've tried hasn't yet helped. :-(

Yeah I normally get about 280 to a tank on a round town run. I would assume its running rich as the exhaust is black. I've just put a new injector system on so I'm hoping that will help as everything else that I've tried hasn't yet helped. :-(

Best bet would be to reset the mixture on the EHA. provided your lambda sensor works that is.

Where abouts are you located ?

Best bet would be to reset the mixture on the EHA. provided your lambda sensor works that is.

Where abouts are you located ?

I'm in Leeds, I replaced the injectors today to see if that helped. It drove fine for about 2 miles then lost all power. I pulled up after another 3 miles and checked under the bonet to see if there was a fuel leak but found that My Exhaust manifold was glowing orange. I'm hoping I haven't damaged the engine. Going to put the original injectors on tomorrow and hopefully it will run.