Pat_McCrotch

Whats the best MPG anyones had out of a Corrado?

Best I had was from the vr when it had vgi+268's, 39.9mpg on a 400 mile drive to Elgin and back.

:shock: :pale: :cry: am so far from that...

I had 58 driving back from Erics this morning :)

Cheat! Yours doesn't count! :lol:

42.4! On my way home from work tonight (in my Schrick'd VR6). Following a Royal Mail lorry all the way (spoiler didn't deploy once).

39 for me in my VR.

Got 37 on a 200 mile trip recently, mostly cruising at 80, with the occasional blast up to .....a bit faster. Very good for a 135k mile 2.9 I think.

Jealous of some of the figures on here.

The best i've ever seen was 33mpg from MAF whilst driving like a 60 year old.

my regular drive usually only gets me about 250-260 miles to the tank which isnt great :shock:

That's ageist!!! I'm over 60 and my son says I drive too fast, moreso since I got the new stainless exhaust.

I usually get between 39 and 42 with normal driving, and if I drive it like a grandad then the MFA will indicate between 50 and 55 mpg - thats an 8V for you!

My normal commute usually results in around 45mpg :clap:

Once got 40 mpg out of my valver, driving at 50 for a very long time, slip-streaming a lorry. It was to prove to my Mrs that my C was in fact a very sensible, reliable family car which was good for the environment too.

Don't think I convinved her though cos as soon as I got bored and put my foot down my mpg went back down to the usual 18mpg...

if your getting 18mpg out of a valver you got a problem! my old valver saw 40 something but average was about 33-37.

My current VR6 has seen 0.6mpg which was genuine, although that problem has now been solved :D

if your getting 18mpg out of a valver you got a problem! my old valver saw 40 something but average was about 33-37.

As hard as I try to get decent MPG (not very) the best i've got is 30.7! Generally on the way to work etc around 20 -25MPG.

But hey i didn't buy the car for it's fuel economy - so doesn't really bother me too much! :D

Back today from a nice break in the New Galloway forest, great roads to drive on and at a leisurely 55-60 MPH I achieved a constant 38-40 MPG from my VR6. Not too bad.

Slightly different but I've just got 438 miles out of a tank on my VR, thats a personal record. :)

Best I got from my VR when standard was 500 miles to a tank, so 500/15 - 33.3 mpg.

And with my VR Turbo, I recently did 350 miles on 57 litres, which comes to 27.8 mpg

Both were a mixture of driving styles.....stop start traffic, 80-90mph cruising and hard acceleration. I'm VERY pleased with the economy of the turbo engine, must be the good mapping by yours truly :D

My daily drive to work see's me at 22-25 mpg as it's all stop and starts and over taking.

I've seen it at 34.9 during trips to Bristol on the M4 and I got 31.7 going to Devon on the A35/A31/M27.

Driving like a nun with a very light right foot I acheived 37.3 mpg on my way to work this morning thats only a 7 mile run I'm well chuffed with that figure.

A genuine 38.6 at average of 80mph on a 2 hour journey with a few overtakes at 100mph. Can't complain.

Vick :)

Was that with your 24V engine ??

If so, how have you got your MPG to display ? That's the one display I lost when my 24V was fitted :(

Best I've achieved from my VR is 33mpg, long trip from Devon to Berks.

My average is only 22mpg, but my driving is almost totally stop start. Longer trips I use one of the fleet cars.

On a long run I've had about 32-33MPG out of my 2.0 16v.. currently driving the DG Autotech 1.8 16v and it's scary how easily it gets up to like 38MPG.. shows how much more frugal the 1.8 is! :)

53 mile journey 95% spent cruising at 60mph. also calculated the fuel and it was pretty much spot on. sad i no but i didnt believe it myself

I've never had over 35 and that's being really careful with my right foot! :?

Usually sits around 28 but goes down to 18ish when the mood takes me! :clap:

Usually get between 23-28 from my 2L 16v, best I can manage being very careful is 32mpg on a long journey. I reckon there's a problem somewhere :(

You're the same as me Dave - best ever on a motorway has been 32-34MPG.. that's the absolute tops! Normally high 20's...

You're the same as me Dave - best ever on a motorway has been 32-34MPG.. that's the absolute tops! Normally high 20's...

I think I'm gonna start looking into it some more. I know the engine temp isn't getting up to the correct temp so maybe the ECU is throwing in more fuel. Gonna start with the thermostat then onto sensors - more money :(